+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A good idea for nintendo?

Otaku animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13's Avatar
    Thanks

A good idea for nintendo?

Well i'm sure everyone out there has played a Nintendo game and if your reading this i'm sure your a Nintendo fan at the very least. After thinking about it for a long time i have decided to see just what my ideas are made of.

With out further ado i would like to present you with my idea for Hiro's Guide to Defeating the Forces of Darkness

Setting: there is no real time setting to this since it's events that don't exist. But it takes place in the land Mu (inspired by the lost continent of Mu). Mu is broken into many different areas: The land of fire, The land of rivers, The land of mountains, The land of swamps, The land of sand, The land of rocks, The land of darkness, The land of trees, And the sky city state of thunder. For many years the lands were at war with each other until the land of darkness proposes a treaty to all the lands. 38 years later a new era has been usured in. Most eveyone born into the world has what is called a guardin. Each Guardian refelcts upon the persons abilities. For example those born with the element of fire will have a small fire ball as a guardian. You play as a boy named Seiji who like his father was born without a guardian. When your 11 Yasuyoshi your father takes you out and teaches you to hunt. This serves as your tutorial of gameplay afterwards on the way back home your attacked by a chimera creature. Yasuyoshi is killed distracting the monster so you could flee. You then go to a 5 year time skip so your now 16. Your best freind is Shinobu who is a dark user. Your other freinds are Sanjuro another fire user who uses the scorching fist, a girl crush who is a wind user named Aya, and your older brother Kazunori who was born with a guardian. After your mom and Shinobu's parents get into a fight Shinobu and his parents move because the know longer feel like they are welcome in the land of fire. During this you go out by yourself to kill the beast that killed your father. Upon finding it your fight it quickly but realize that you can't actually beat it. As Seiji runs away he is pinned up against a tree and is about to become the chimera's next meal until he burst of light hits the chimera killing it. As Seiji looks for the source of the light he realizes that his head is actually on fire but its not hurting him. All of a sudden the fire sprite and your new guardian hiro jumps of and you return to the village to show your mother and friends only to learn that your best friend Shinobu has moved away. A one year time skip takes place and Seiji and his friends are out playing around when they here the town alarm going off. Your village is close to the border of the land of rivers and your now being invaded by them and an army of Darkness. The Army of water is being led by the fierce general Sonosuke and the army of darkness is being led by your old freind Shinobu now under the name of Oda. Can your and your friends win back Oda's trust or will the Dark Emperor realease the Darkness that stirs in Seiji?

of course this isn't hardly everything this is more of a small summary to it and i have to say its lacking the detail i want to put into it. But i wanna keep it short also those replying to this dont be a dick about it just tell me if i should try to submit this to nintendo or not i have a link the them and im wondering if i should bother just tell me if i should or shouldnt and if i shouldnt tell me some things i did wrong.
    i can read your thoughts

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A good idea for nintendo?

Sounds like Naruto, Avatar the Last Airbender and The Golden Compass...

But why are a bunch of kids living on a lost continent in the Pacific using random Japanese names (half of which are modern and half of which stopped being used a few hundred years ago)?

MU Online may take slight offense...
    Official Global MU Online - Home

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems like an interesting idea for a shounen work, and it might actually sell well as a game, but the plot is a bit clichéd. Don't get the impression I'm not fond of fantasy; I'm a fantasy RPG junkie. But lords of darkness, different elements combatting against each other, and youths suddenly obtaining magical powers...

Plot clichés are really the biggest problem for me, but other than that, an idea like that could really actually sell well. Adolescents are really attracted to this sort of stuff... They tend to practically inhale it whole to no end. That's why alot of works passed their peak and mediocre are still so popular. :sighing feeling:

To improve the plot... I guess you should work on developing the characters, especially the Dark Lord. I know there are reviewers out there who love to berate characters who are inexplicably evil. Yes, mental disorders are all well and all, but often times, people like deep characters than paper-thin psychopaths. If you do decide to make the Dark lord evil for the heck of it, then you'll have to spend alot of time adding essence to his personality.

How to develop characters? Make sure they change and grow over time. And not just simply learning morals and becoming more righteous...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Sounds like Naruto, Avatar the Last Airbender and The Golden Compass...

But why are a bunch of kids living on a lost continent in the Pacific using random Japanese names (half of which are modern and half of which stopped being used a few hundred years ago)?
    the names i just like ^^

and honestly the lost continent of mu just kinda sounded cool to me i never said it was actually the lost continent i said it was inspired by it.

and truthfully the area setting did basically come from naruto although i dont know how much im gonna change on it
    i can read your thoughts

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

So you've plagiarised a setting, plugged in some names you like and you intend to send this to Nintendo...?

Go for it

Should make for a chuckle around the office. Chances are you won't get a reply at all.

Ideas are not submitted, they are provided by staff developers and writers. If you want to write Nintendo games: you need to get a job at Nintendo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Seems like an interesting idea for a shounen work, and it might actually sell well as a game, but the plot is a bit clichéd. Don't get the impression I'm not fond of fantasy; I'm a fantasy RPG junkie. But lords of darkness, different elements combatting against each other, and youths suddenly obtaining magical powers...

Plot clichés are really the biggest problem for me, but other than that, an idea like that could really actually sell well. Adolescents are really attracted to this sort of stuff... They tend to practically inhale it whole to no end. That's why alot of works passed their peak and mediocre are still so popular. :sighing feeling:

To improve the plot... I guess you should work on developing the characters, especially the Dark Lord. I know there are reviewers out there who love to berate characters who are inexplicably evil. Yes, mental disorders are all well and all, but often times, people like deep characters than paper-thin psychopaths. If you do decide to make the Dark lord evil for the heck of it, then you'll have to spend alot of time adding essence to his personality.

How to develop characters? Make sure they change and grow over time. And not just simply learning morals and becoming more righteous...

i see what you mean thanks. ^^ thats the main reason really why im doing this to make a game is one thing but i wanna know what the customers are gonna want. So definatly thank you
    i can read your thoughts

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad my output helped you. But, unfortunately... I've been reading this over many times... I don't see anything in this that'll distinguish it from all the other Fantasy games out there... I know not every fantasy writer can be a Tolkien, or a Herbert, or a Rowling, or a Dahl, but...

Well, it's good that you're stretching out your creative capabilities. Youth copy the things around them, especially if it's something successful... Successful things are more often widespread. ;p That's how youth learn, survive, and become successful themselves later on in life. It means you're not a defective young human. :laughs: And when it's not so good, it's still copied, subconsciously... I know from experience. Hated my dad, but I found myself saying phrases he said a couple times after hearing him. Couldn't help it...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    I'm glad my output helped you. But, unfortunately... I've been reading this over many times... I don't see anything in this that'll distinguish it from all the other Fantasy games out there... I know not every fantasy writer can be a Tolkien, or a Herbert, or a Rowling, or a Dahl, but...

Well, it's good that you're stretching out your creative capabilities. Youth copy the things around them, especially if it's something successful... That's how they learn, survive, and become successful themselves later on in life. It means you're not a defective young human. :laughs: And when it's not so good, it's still copied, subconsciously... I know from experience. Hated my dad, but I found myself saying phrases he said a couple times after hearing him. Couldn't help it...
    yeah i know i have already gotten alot of bull about it being alot like final fantasy games. But when u think about it almost all rpg somewhat copy final fantasy in one way or another they've done just about everything. Still this is only the first begining of the storyline and in actual play time may take you about 30 min tops to get to i havent actually thought of how all the rest is gonna play out or if this is even gonna be how the actual storyline goes
    i can read your thoughts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast