Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paper Wings

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Paper Wings

Of all the RPs I'm starting today, this one is my most cherished RP ever; it was made as a collaboration between my oldest known friend and best writer that I know (even among paid authors) and myself. I present to you the best RP ever: Paper Wings.

-------

Terabithia... a world built upon religion, angels speak often to the world, and have always guided the people from behind the sceans… the church of Susje Tirshc holds great influence through the world, and people often dedicate there lives to the angels who have guided them in the world. The very culture of Terabithia was founded upon the word of Susje Tirshc in the ancient times, Records of a time before that have been long lost.

But in recent centuries the world of Terabithia has been in decline. A world separated by hate and prejudice, poverty and pain. Crops fail, rain hardly falls, plants struggle to grow, the land is being depleted and no one knows why. People vie for power, and people struggle to get what they want.

Two main races have lived in Terabithia. The Saipan, and the Cronon. Two races were separated by the declining of the world. In the old time, the two lived in peace and harmony, but such a time is but a far off memories of generations long past. The people now only know of the conflict between them. The two races are similar, almost identical; the only strand separating the two is the very thing that threatens to take the little life left on the world. The force that is Reiki.

Reiki is the very life of the world… flowing within and without, fertilizing the world. The Cronon have always had the ability to tap into the Reiki that flows freely within the world, draw upon it, cast it out it spells. Academies were built to study the effects or the Reiki, But all this has been in the past. As the Reiki supply began to drop in the world the Cronon could feel it. There seemed to be no cause, no real reason for the Reiki to began dropping, but it began to vanish.

People prayed, people turned to the church, but no answers came, the angels spoke to people in secret, guiding words to the Cronon and the Saipan. But any messages of peace they spoke were lessons not heard by the people, The Cronon not long after the angels began speaking to them is when things took a turn for the worst, People began losing there homes, crops began to fail, and the age of decline took effect. In fear of losing the Cronon broke apart from the Saipans, and formed the Coven. The Coven viewed there people as superior to the Saipans, those who could not even feel the Reiki flowing from the world, those who once lived in peace grew to hate one another, The Coven suppressed the Saipans, and any Cronon that did not join there cause. But of course, all this is history, and not often looked upon. Like all conflict in history it soon was buried under the prejudice they felt, most don’t know or care to know that they once lived in harmony.

People hoped to find some way to help, they prayed to the angels, who seemed to have no guidance for them. Hope carried on trough time, Years becoming decades, becoming lifetimes becoming centuries… Until the angels spoke to them once again…

They came bearing a crystal, similar to those found around the world, the only thing that gave the Saipans any control of any Reiki, “Reiki Life Crystals” But the angels spoke that the crystal they gave them was not such a common trinket, that it was the work of them pouring there heart and power to help the people, A speacal crystal imbedded with power as ancient as the Angels and the Church of Susje Tirshc itself… They said that throughout the world there were ancient towers, towers filled with a power that could be used to help the world, return some amount or Reiki to the land of Terabithia. They said it was outside of there power to reach the power for it could only be reached by a young and pure soul. And so the angels picked the vestal to hold the crystal, a young man by the name of Jobe. The angels told him that the journey would be hard, and perioulous. The temples where the seals were located were known to exist, but records of there location had been long lost, but the angels guided them in hints and trials, Jobe was giving protectors, and they made the journey, No one knows what happened to Jobe, all they know is he was successful, he was never seen again, nor were his protectors, but the people were not worried, for they could see the world was getting stronger…

The crystal had been returned to the angels, and they spoke well of Jobe and his protectors, and the world got stronger, but this was only for a fleeting moment. The world did get stronger, but it was still weak, but the people didn’t care, for it was better than what they had always known, But soon the world began to weaken, so the angels came again, and spoke to them again, and the process was repeated… and the world became stronger for short times, slowing down and breaking up the process of decline with short breaks of prosperity… But this of course, is ancient history.

The process is repeated to this day, not all are successful, some die before they can finish the journey… though the bad still exists, it is all the people have…

Not many months ago the journey again was completed… and less that two weeks after, a man was found at the edge of death, babbling, insane on the outskirts of a small town north of the central city of Noah…

“They are killing us!!!! Why don’t you see it all you fools! HA HA HA HA, Brilliant! Amazing! Buitiful, How the followers of Susje Tirshc have planed!! HA HA HA” One moment he would speak like this, the next he would scream..

“HELP HER! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD… *sob* why wont anyone help her… they lead her there… why won’t you help her…”

Many people claimed to have seen this man guiding the crystal holder, the girl who went on the mission to save the world, and many demanded he be executed as a heritic… He spoke of ill things against the world…

He said things against the church and the angels, He was insane, and dieing, and was going to be hung as a heretic just a week after he was discovered, but the church marched in and took him into custody… Soon after that all records on this man were closed, the church became quiet on the topic, and said he was being held in protective care…

Some wondered why the church was so quite on the topic of the man, but nobody asked questions as the church has always known best and done nothing but help the people…

-----

Sheet

Name:
    Appearence:
    Bio:
    Weapons:
    Extra Info:

----

Note that I need the first five people that join to be part of the group for the pilgrimage, those after can be either good or bad people. If you want to reserve a part part before the pilgrimage group if formed, you may do so. I will PM you extra info if you are a bad person.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Fallen Angel of Darkness mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje may be famous one day mangalovertje's Avatar
    Somewhere I can be at peace...With my mind and my heart...In the Darkness...
    Thanks

Re: Paper Wings

Hmmm...Maybe I want to join...
    It's a good story that's for sure..^_^..
    but what do you with the pilgrimage..???
    Wanna know first...^_^...
    We are affraid of losing controle...But why should you be affraid of losing it...While you didnt have it...

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, What kind of technology do they have? I would like to know before I join.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

The pilgimage is a journey for a group of five to undertake that saves the entire world from the decay, for a period of time before the next one is needed. It involves a young girl (A must) of around 14-15 years of age and must be pure of heart. The rest of her party include various travelers, warriers, mages, whatever to protect her on her journey. As they progress further and further the Guardians get special abilities which I'll randomly hand out when the time comes.

The technology is more very similar to that of Final Fantasy VII. Nothing too extreme, most guns are powered by magical energy and are not the most advanced ever. Most people still fight with swords, daggers, spears, ect. Towns are like 1910's in the U.S. (minus the vehicles).

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love to join. Sounds like it would be fun. Geez zyta, why did you post so many RPs today??? -.-

Anywho, sign me up ^__^ Don't quite understand, but I got it!! I shall be working on my character sheet. I want this one to be my best yet!! *thinking cap on*

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Name: Elayn (surname unknown)
    Appearance: girlsxswordsx21024ni8.png

Minus the pointy ears (unless we are allowed to have them)

Bio: Elayn had a perfect family. Two parents who loved each other dearly, and an older brother and sister. That is, until a group of marauders came to their house, ravaging and killing everyone there. She was three at the time, just about to take a nap. They came and slaughtered the entire family and their small group of servants. She was saved by a freak chance. The maid that was in charge of her used her body to deaden the attack. The blade grazed Elayn, so it had appeared to the attacker that his job was done. He quickly slayed the maid that had gotten in his way. After the carnage Elayn wandered her house till she found the remains of her parents. They had put up a fight, to say the least. Later that day, a maid who had when shopping came back and saw the carnage. The maid quickly reported the incident. The guards who came and investigated the devastation found a small girl crying over a deformed body, holding onto the blade in the corpse's hand. It took the guards quite a bit of coaxing to get the girl to go with them. In the end, she had them bring the katana with them. The they quickly got her wound cleaned up. The guard that was carrying her back could have sworn that she had whispered "Kill them all" while she was sleeping. As she was growing up, she had rarely smiled. She preferred staying away from other children. There was a boy though, who kept talking to her. He was the only one who could make her smile. She had started opening up to him, when he came down with a deadly disease. He died with in three days. Elayn locked herself in her room for a full day. The next day she came out and spoke to no one. The only thing she said later on was short "yes" and "no". The longest thing she said since, was when they were choosing professions for the orphans. She said, "I want to learn to kill." Elayn joined the guard. She learned quickly, soon becoming the best swordsman in the town guard. She rose ranks quickly till she became a captain. Her superior wanted something from Elayn she couldn't give. She dind't mind though. She just wanted to kill those that would hurt the weak.
    Weapons: Katana and single edged short sword (not a wakazashi) w/ dagger in belt.
    Extra Info: She has lost loved ones many times, so she often refuses human contact. She is cold and hard, but is it just a mask? She has never cried since the day her parents died. Is she holding it all in?

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

mememe... haha... this is going to be my first ao rpg... ^^, hooray for me...

Name:
    crimson reishien
    Appearence:
    --red hair and iris (a mark of the reishen clan) -- hair is tied in a ponytail
    --a tiny little red book that is rumored to contain notes on the reishen clan's flame wielding mastery
    --a necklace and ring adorned with well cut red sapphires that has been the reishen clan's treasured heirloom that has been infused with reiki by every flame wielder since the beginning of the reishen ancestry
    Bio:
    the reishen's form the cronon race. whose ancestors have mastered the flow of reiki within their body in order to manipulate temperature and humidity around them, hence giving them mastery over fire, and storage of reiki. for centuries they have helped manage the production and creation of most materials within terabithia... with the decline of the reiki, the reishen's have decided to send their only female child to join the pilgrimage set by the church in hopes of restoring the light they used to provide for the people of terabithia.
    Weapons:
    primary:
    the red sapphire necklace and ring
    without it her flame wielding skills decrease exponentially with each spell cast as she will need to draw reiki stored from within her own body -- excessive use this reiki may cause eventual death.
    secondary: the tiny little red book
    it contains the secrets of flame weilding. having been trained only for 10 years, she still has not mastered all the secrets of the reishien clan.
    tertiary:
    although physically incapable of recieving too much damage, and little speed, she can easily allow some of the surrounding's reiki to focus on her palm to deliver a focused blow on specific areas of the enemy. this is of course only used in the absence of all other means.
    Extra Info:
    --basically, her main weapon cannot be easily replenished as the catalyst for storing reiki within any gem is a human soul. it has been the tradition of the reiki family to seal their body's stored reiki within the family heirloom before death. hence making it one of the most powerful and valued gems in terabithia.
    --having been trained since the age of four (when she was finally able to feel reiki), she has not been able to experience any childhood, hence giving her a difficult time making friends. she has trust issues and though mostly in a very timid mood, is easily angered when confronted about her past.
    --she is afraid of the darkness and tight spaces. when confronted with these things, she often panics and loses concentration.
    --of course... her primary weapons/skills are useless in the rain.
    (having mastered humidity, she can still use her flame wielding capabilities even in humid places).
    heh... i hope i qualify... ^^,
    i'll try to add a picture soon... ^^,
    or if someone would be kind enough to make a drawing for me... (coz i'm not good at drawing) i'd gladly accept. ^^,
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Thanks

There's no need for a picture, you're good to go, both of you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast