Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Untitled

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Untitled

“… Is it still not ready?” spoke a hysterical man. “The elixir of eternal beauty that I so desire…”

An emaciated man shrouded in shadow replied with a hoarse voice. “You ask the impossible. Why not call forth a demon and ask him for the potion?”

“But that is where sport lies—driving sane men mad. If you could have anything you wanted at any time, that would take the thrill out of life. I’ve tired of all the death, destruction, and gore. The blood of virgins, the urine of babes, the innards of black dogs…. I am sick of these things. Even this blood, made by the artifice of humans… Ahhhh! Is there nothing to save me from this intolerable boredom? No special ritual, no amusing spectacle?”

“If we were to be found out… If our activities came to light, certainly you and I would pay the ultimate price…”

“Do you think I care? Surely the king and his researchers have tired of hunting wizards and alchemists by now. They are absorbed in their wars and fighting. So pitiful. They rush to death without tasting true beauty or the joys of life. Enough. Let us be off. The Black Sabbath commences tonight…. You and I are to become tools of the dark and taste the limits of sanity. That is… as long as you do not provoke my wrath.”

It was a time of swords and sorcery, when monsters still walked the earth, a time of confusion and chaos. The king of Hardland had initiated a revolution. He led his kingdom to embrace things industrial, and abandon the magical arts and the worship of Nature… Wielding the power of technology, did thus become the world’s most powerful nation, Hardland was renowned as the Kingdom of a Thousand Years.

In order to usher in this age of revolution, however, culture and tradition were sacrificed. Sorcerers, wizards, and alchemists met with unpleasant fates, finding themselves banished from the kingdom, or imprisoned, or worse. This sudden change spawned a backlash among the nobility and aristocrats, driving many to embrace the dark arts. These arts flourished away from the eyes of authority.

Clandestine meetings of secret societies dedicated to the occult held the Black Sabbath…

\\Keep your age to no more than 18 since there will be a period of 10 years from the prologue to actual story. It will be this age + 10 for your real age//
    Character Sheet
    Name:
    Magical Prowess [See Below]:
    Why your character is interested in magical arts:
    Bio:
    Any Extra Info.:

Races
    Demons: Demons are very powerful magical creatures that were once originally human, though, through centuries of perverted transformations and by delving too far into banned arts the demon has been created as an entity no longer recognizable as anything related to humans. They are not—I repeat, they are not—the stuff of biblical stories and have NO relation to anything biblical or dangerous in any way relating to biblical stories. The average lifespan of a demon is close to half of a normal human, the magical power raving inside eventually consumes their being. Demons specialize in the darker, forbidden side to the arts.

Humans: Of the three races of Hardland, Humans are the weakest in magical power, but they live the longest and are of a cunning, constantly evolving mind. Humans are able to work each field of magic, restricted and otherwise forbidden easily and equally, though not nearly as those that specialize in such arts like the demons with forbidden arts or the angels with the holy side. Humans live approximately 75 years of age.

Angels: Angels are also very powerful creatures also once known as human, but, like the demons, they too thrived in magical communities. But unlike the demons, angels sought out purity in their work and worked with the more accepted side to the arts such as healing, barrier casting, holy attacks, etcetera.

Magical Prowess’s

Sorcery: The study of Nature, sorcery, like the other two magical branches, require two things in order to cast their spells. One is the knowledge, the level of experience required through rigorous learning to cast the spell; this is the same for all branches of magic. The second requirement depends on the environment and what it supplies. One cannot cast a fire attack if all around the user is ice. Knowledge of the periodic table of elements is helpful, but not required.

Witchcraft: The second branch of magic is the calling forth of ancient deities known only as gods, goddesses, and demi-gods. Each god has a limit to their power, except for the Five True Gods of each of the five elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Holy, and Dark) -+ See Below for the full List of Gods and the Five True Gods the rule everything +-

To call forth a magical deity to attack through you in either a physical avatar-like state or with an abstract form of attack like a kamehameha attack from DBZ a chant is used; it is only natural that the stronger the deity, the longer the each chant is spoken. And the weaker the spell and deity, the shorter the chant. Henceforth the stronger the deity the longer the chant goes into other posts. The max posts that a chant can go through is four, with the caster in a very vulnerable state. Here is an example of a chant that can be used:

Darkness beyond the twilight,
    Crimson beyond blood that flows,
    Buried in the flow of time.
    In thy great name,
    I pledge myself to darkness.
    Those fools who rise up to oppose us
    Shall be destroyed by the power
    That you and I possess.
    DRAGON SLAVE!

In addition to deities, those of the witchcraft cult have scrolls for an instant spell. Though these spells are FAR weaker than their deity counterpart, they are very helpful in a pinch.

Alchemy: This branch of magic uses the basic rule of equality: Give exactly what you take. If you fail to give exactly the same amount that you take of any substance than you shall pay a terrible price, depending on the Alchemy done and on the skill level of the user. Just think Full Metal Alchemist for this branch.

-----

~ Deities Used for Witchcraft and the Amount of Posts needed for the Spell to be Cast ~

// One Post Chant Deities \\

AGNI ~ Fire God
    AMON ~ Ancient Egyptian Deity – later on identified Sun God
    Pallas Athena ~ Goddess of the City, Education/Science, and War
    Phoebus ~ God of Sun, Truth, Music, Healing
    Artemis ~ Goddess of Wild Things, Hunter-in-Chief
    Aphrodite ~ Goddess of Love and Beauty
    Ares ~ God of War
    Enyo ~ Lesser Goddess of War
    Hephaestus ~ God of the Forge and Fire, Workman to the immortals
    Hestia ~ Goddess of Fertility
    Eros ~ God of Love
    Persephone ~ Goddess of Spring [Season], Underworld through Hades
    Demeter ~ Goddess of the Earth
    Pan ~ God of Flocks, Sheep
    Selene ~ Goddess of the Moon

// Two Post Deities \\

Notus ~ South Wind
    Eurus ~ East Wind
    Pontus ~ God of the Deep Sea
    Triton ~ Trumpeter of the Sea
    Ate ~ Goddess of Mischief
    Eris ~ Goddess of Discord
    Maia ~ Goddess of Flowers
    Hypnos ~ Goddess of Springs [Water]
    Nike ~ Goddess of Victory
    Peitha ~ Goddess of Persuasion
    Hecate ~ Goddess of the Crossways, the Dark Side of the Moon, and Magic
    Tyche ~ Goddess of Fortune
    Poena ~ Goddess of Punishment
    Nemesis ~ Goddess of Revenge
    Hespera ~ Goddess of Dusk
    Morpheus ~ God of Dreams
    Vanaheimr ~ God of Holy

// Three Post Deities \\

Zeus ~ Lord of the Sky, Gods, and Thunder, also Rain-god, Cloud-gatherer
    Hera ~ Protector of Marriage
    Poseidon ~ Ruler of the Sea
    Hades ~ God of the Underworld and Precious Metals

// Four Post Deities \\

Álfheimr – True God of Earth
    Hel – True God of the Forbidden (Dark)
    Phosphor Lucifer – True God of the Holy
    Niflheimr – True God of Water
    Muspellheim – True God of Fire

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Untitled

sounds like fun. I want to try this one. Has it been approved?

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I am well interested into this RPG, but it seems i do not have the necessary time to join it if it is apporved any time soon.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghattenpaw View Post
    sounds like fun. I want to try this one. Has it been approved?
    I need at least 5 players to say they will commit themselves to this for it to be approved. If you wish to be the first, than that means total would be 2, or 3 if Darkangel is able to. (including myself as one of the five).

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not sure about it, but i will think about it before any descision because i am already currently in with another story, but not sure if i am willing to continue with the story and also i may need some time to join because of the insufficient time for me to be actually online daily. So therefore keep me on the waiting before any actual approval, please?

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Zyta i want to join! have you asked others to join yet ?
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Thanks

As it stands right now... i didn't advertise this to anyone, so only those who looked at this know about it... and only three so far have replied ^^\

(Need one more people!)

Newbie blackembers is off to a good start blackembers's Avatar
    Thanks

I think il join, i have a charrie already thought of.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast