+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: big boobs, why?

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

big boobs, why?

Okay, so i've been wanting to ask this about manga and anime in general, but i've realized that bleach is one of the biggest users of this. Why is it that many of the females have ridiculously big chests? It's not even physically possible to be that big, yet still be skinny unless u have implants. and it's only their chest, thier backsides are completely normal. And then they expect us to believe that this big chested women can fight too? could anyone shed some light on this for me?
    every rose has a thorn

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: big boobs, why?

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by sangogirl View Post
    ... could anyone shed some light on this for me?
    The manga is published in the 'Shounen Jump' magazine... what do you think the target demographics is for 'Shounen Jump' series... (It's for teenage boys and young adult males, suffering from the growth pangs of puberty...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

First see acemans journal for the laws of anime. I am sure it is explained in there. But the Japanese are not the only country to try to use boobs for commercial reasons. But look at Hitomi Tanaka. She looks exactly like one of those anime girls and she is 100 percent real. I am going out on a whim and assuming you are referring to Orihime.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

no i'm actually referring to rangiku masumoto, i love the fact that she's hilarious, but i finally got to see her fight in the manga, and she's pretty good. but i think she's even bigger than orihime. How can she fight like that? and i could understand it they want to make it sexy for the young boys, but are boobs that big really sexy? i would think anything that is revealing with a pretty body would be 'sexy'.
    every rose has a thorn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sangogirl For This Useful Post:

!beast (Mar 25, 2010)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

For every badass masculine type in anime there is a female equivalent usually manifesting itself as a classically beautiful Japanese woman or a small, cute girlwoman.

The Japanese are raving idiots when it comes to cute things; thirty year old women walk around with Hello Kitty plastered on all their accessories while wearing cat ears with matching tail, and the other "cute" fads/whatever/etc. That is not to say there are no casual dressers or edgy, modern fashionhags however, from all the media I've been exposed to of Japanese people in Japan, they all, on some level, are working their adorable little hearts out to be the one thing you'd want as a teddy bear above all other things.

The use of the exceptional rack (proper terminology xD) is a clash between their need for cute things and their desire for the sophisticated beauty that blooms from cuteness. It's just really misguided and disproportionate.

Japan is a very confusing place to the average Canadian; they have weird customs and overly ritualized ways, their culture is hard to decipher yet harder to deal with once you understand that yes, that is the norm and no, that's not a minority group acting strangely. WWII changed Japan in such a way that all subsequent cultural/etc. movements have at least some backing in that issue; the obsession with cuteness is one of them.

I don't think many people in pre-WWII Japan (especially feudal* era) had being cute at the top of their list. Also, I know I didn't touch on any male related issues... there's just such a huge gender gap of what's accepted for whom, and the male demographic is just.. really weird. There's so many subcultures and fads all going at the same time for me define them all. However, I'm sure you're aware of this.

*I have no idea if this is proper term to use. I'm very illiterate on Japanese history, just imagine samurai and maidens etc.
    Last edited by FLawEdmiNd; Apr 02, 2010 at 03:43 PM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FLawEdmiNd For This Useful Post:

!beast (Apr 02, 2010)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    F
    The Japanese are raving idiots when it comes to cute things; thirty year old women walk around with Hello Kitty plastered on all their accessories while wearing cat ears with matching tail, and the other "cute" fads/whatever/etc. That it not to say there are no casual dressers or edgy, modern fashionhags however, from all the media I've been exposed to of Japanese people in Japan, they all, on some level, are working their adorable little hearts out to be the one thing you'd want as a teddy bear above all other things..
    You are right, they definitely love cute over there. In the states it is sort of the opposite. We in the west tend to like older women who look younger or younger women who seem older In Japan they just like them youthful. That is why Japanese when are in a hurry to get married by 25. After that they are no longer considered young.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    For every badass masculine type in anime there is a female equivalent usually manifesting itself as a classically beautiful Japanese woman or a small, cute girlwoman.
    u know i never thought of that. it's true that many animes have girls with huge boobs, but at the same time many have guys taht are incredibly ripped. In bleach every single guy is musclar where every muscle shows. I guess that isn't very realistic eigther. Still, the whole musclar thing, i can get that since they are suppose to be super fighters or what not. I can't imagine Rangiku running on solid ground. That image is just too weird.
    every rose has a thorn

Newbie deiuchi is off to a good start deiuchi's Avatar
    Thanks

i think they want to get males in to watching anime also. even if it is just to see big boobs.
    u never know what you have untill its gone, long gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast