+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bleach: Dubbed

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Bleach: Dubbed

I sometimes catch the dubbed version of Bleach now being aired in Canada on YTV Friday nights. I have to say, I think I really prefer the subtitled one. Maybe its because I've seen 120 episodes all in Japanese that I don't like it so much.

What're your views if you've seen the dubbed versions? Are you with me on not liking it so much (I don't hate it, though I'm very curious about Kon and the Shinigami Cup in English, but they haven't gotten that far in the series yet).

Let me know!!
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Newbie Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach: Dubbed

Well I've watched the Japanese episodes and I like to go back and watch the episodes in English and although they do seem strange at first (being used to hearing the characters in Japanese) you do get used to them and I actually prefer the English version

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I happen to enjoy subbed version myself. Very recently have I started watching subbed on a regular basis, and I have to say, I think it is far better than dubbed. In my opinion, I feel the spirit of the anime i somewhat lost when dubbed. I can't explain why really but that is how I feel.

I think it is very difficult for myself to find a dubbed anime that has a cast to acuratley portray the character.

Like Crimson, I also like to go back and watch dubbed/subbed, but end up getting the exact oposite reaction

Otaku karinka may be famous one day karinka may be famous one day karinka's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm more used to dubbed versions of anime so I sort of like Bleach if it's dubbed.

But I may try and watch other animes in subbed versions. I"ve watched Steel Angel Kurumi in subbed...It was okay...but the character's did'nt seam as good as they did in the dubbed verison

I have also seen Elfen Lied in subbed version once after watching it in dubbed so many times and I thought it was better as subbed.

So with me...I get mixed reactions on subbed and dubbed animes, but in my opinon,the dubbed version of Bleach rules.

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Y'see, I use to watch a lot of dubbed anime.. the most frequent was Sailor Moon and DBZ. I dunno, I really got weirded out by the dubbed Bleach. I was so use the the eccentric(sp) reactions that the japanese language and voice-over actors give since I've watched 120 episodes of it, all, obviously in Japanese. Maybe it'll change, but even Byakuya.. yeah, I'm use to the uber-deep, screw-off don't bug me voice.. the english voice actors don't really do it for me.
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

I recommend you see Japanese version of Bleach. First of all they sound so original, and the voices aren't so annoying as the dubbed version. In dubbed version they just loose their touch >_<

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

At first I despised all subbed anime, but as I started watching more and more of it I got better at quickly reading the subbs while still being able to take in the artwork. Now, I'd much rather watch a subbed anime over a dubbed anime. Majority of dubbed anime seems to lose its... how do you say... its vibe. The dubbed voices sound almost "simple" as if they were making this for younger kids, like those in elementary school. The Japanese cast always sounds more into the anime and really makes all the action sequences feel intense, the dubbed cast tends to lose that sense. Bleach is a good example of this happening in my opinion. Full Metal Alchemist on the other hand is a great example of a perfectly dubbed anime, it is one of the few where I prefer the dubbed version over the subbed, and thats coming from someone who has seen a countless number of anime episodes subbed. So it just goes to show that it depends on the cast dubbing the anime whether they do a good job or not, just in my opinion though.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen a few episodes subbed andits alright =/. Watching it dubbed has a better feel to it in my opinion. Yes there are some good subbed anime out there like FMA and Cowboy Bebop and there are some crappy ones like Gundam Seed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast