+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach is overrated!

Newbie vare2 may be famous one day vare2 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Bleach is overrated!

Okay Im not really trying to invite flaming here but I dont see what accounts for the huge success and popularity of Bleach..This whole shinigami thing has been played out so many times before...I just dont see what's so different bout Bleach that sets it apart from all the others in the same genre.. Just my opinion, enlighten me please if you dont think so =D

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach is overrated!

bah, when some people say this, its because of its mainstreamness that Bleach has aquired.
    one major success i see with this anime, its the amount of relatable characters, i mean theres over 50 characters to like. the same goes for abilities and talents, not to mention the special military type groups and divisions, its like a mmrpg :P

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

It's true that Shinigami exist in many other anime/manga, but I like how everything is set up in Bleach, and how Kubo-sensei carefully thought out everything from the concepts regarding the separation of body and soul (spirit exchangers, soul-sleep, etc) right up to the Gotei 13. And I haven't come across another anime with a plot like that of Bleach - maybe I just haven't watched enough Shinigami-centred anime. I don't know. And the characters' abilities - you gotta admit they're pretty impressive. I'd say Bleach has plenty of originality.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Bleach is very detailed and very unique. Like blue_rebel said, the whole idea of soul separation and the spirit world is very detailed. Its not like some anime that speak about a religion and leave out important parts. Alot of serious thought and research has went into making this.

Also as SasuraiHell stated there are many characters and each one is unique. Everyone has their own story and their special talents. And its not just good fighting evil. In fact there are no right or wrong sides in this anime. Just different views one subject. You have the Shinigamis, the Hollows, then there are the Humans, the Quincies, and who knows what else might be added among these.

Another thing is that the main character is far more complex than most main characters I've seen. Other than the fact that he can see ghosts, he becomes one of the only human Shinigami to ever exist. And there is much more to him like the Hollow mask.

Overall, this anime has great characters and a very detailed and unusual plot.

Newbie heavery may be famous one day heavery may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes I have to agree with solking the Bleach has a unique style from the other manga series I’ve watched. It has a very detailed scenes and a well written story line. The characters have different identity and the addition of the four planes of existence in Bleach universe is quite original.

Newbie calci may be famous one day calci may be famous one day
    Thanks

"bah, when some people say this, its because of its mainstreamness that Bleach has aquired." Yea I quite agree with this..popularity can work for or against you haha =D ANyway I think it may also be because of your personal preferences..certain genres may not work for you..can you list some animes you like?

Otaku rockroc may be famous one day rockroc may be famous one day rockroc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I think Bleach is very detailed and very unique. Like blue_rebel said, the whole idea of soul separation and the spirit world is very detailed. Its not like some anime that speak about a religion and leave out important parts. Alot of serious thought and research has went into making this.

Also as SasuraiHell stated there are many characters and each one is unique. Everyone has their own story and their special talents. And its not just good fighting evil. In fact there are no right or wrong sides in this anime. Just different views one subject. You have the Shinigamis, the Hollows, then there are the Humans, the Quincies, and who knows what else might be added among these.

Another thing is that the main character is far more complex than most main characters I've seen. Other than the fact that he can see ghosts, he becomes one of the only human Shinigami to ever exist. And there is much more to him like the Hollow mask.

Overall, this anime has great characters and a very detailed and unusual plot.
    I agree i with Solking, its really one of a kind, i think you should watch it for a while and see what happens.

Newbie Battousai may be famous one day Battousai may be famous one day Battousai's Avatar
    Thanks

Being similar and being the same are totally different. Yes, Bleach shares similarities to other anime but are they the same? No, of course not. Is DBZ similar to Yu Yu Hakusho? Yes, they are. Are they the same? Nope. Get what I'm saying?

When I first watched Bleach I wasn't all hyped up about it, took me like a month to continue watching it. Once I did tho, I got hooked more with each episode. Don't give up on it so soon
    Last edited by Battousai; Dec 03, 2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast