+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach is overrated!

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach is overrated!

I'm have Gintama but don't have seen it yet. I'm have been watching Bleach for a while now, also Naruto. Before that I'm only watching Naruto and Bleach but I few days ago I watching others anime like Elfen Lied. But I never saw a shinigami before that's why I'm still watching it.

Otaku For Life - YouTube - MyAnimeList

Click on my signature to go to ProBlackbird's Blog

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

i dont know any thing about that but what i have been dying to ask is Why when there is a new anime series out that turns in to a big succes it gets turned into a card game? There are so many out there i havent had the time to learn them all! even bleach has one! and yes i do have cards to that!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

the only reason thay do that is and way to make money it dose not cost thay much
    to make cards but kids buy a lot of them. but thay use that money to make bigger and better stuff so i think its good that thay make card game out of suff like bleach
    as long if it is a good card game

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Bleach is boring.

1 of my co-workers loves it... so I bought the first volume and read it. It was painfully generic, slow and uninteresting, so when I finished I passed it to a friend and study partner... who also declared it "boring". She passed it to another friend: he tried to give it back to me and said he "wasn't into it".

So yes... we'll go with "overrated"

Though I'm a junior high teacher and I've never seen or heard any of my students reading/talking about Bleach (the boys love "Reborn", "Gintama" and "Pokemon", the girls love "Nana" and "Love Con")... so maybe it's only overrated with foreigners and girls who write BL doujinshi and queue for bad anime musicals. As far as I can tell: they're the only ones obsessed with it.
    It's obviously a lot more famous than that Tsurara, no matter what people close to you think about it.
    In most stores I visited Bleach (and Naruto of course) usually get the best places in the manga section and the volumes sell fast.

As for my opinion about it. It's not overrated. It's down the middle stuff, not too good not too bad. Granted, my only reason for reading it is Gin but cool characters are important to the average 少年 manga aren't they?

Otaku Taraqs is off to a good start
    Thanks

After watching bleach i said forget it and started reading the manga. The only thrill i get out of it now is if something in my opinion "Cool" happens and then after i read it i don't actually care if the manga stops then or if it continues. After a while it's still yell run power up go super sayian and fight each other.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It's obviously a lot more famous than that Tsurara, no matter what people close to you think about it.
    In most stores I visited Bleach (and Naruto of course) usually get the best places in the manga section and the volumes sell fast.
    Never underestimate the power of women who write doujinshi and queue for bad anime musicals. Who do you think kept Prince of Tennis kicking for so long?
    Last edited by tsurara; Oct 01, 2007 at 03:35 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Never underestimate the power of women who write doujinshi and queue for bad anime musicals. Who do you think kept Prince of Tennis kicking for so long?
    Stop editing your replies!
    Luckily I saved it.

Now,

Though the success of the manga generally has very little to do with the success of the animated series. Everyone and their mothers reads shounen jump and the entire label gets top billing in the comic store. For every 30 people who read the comics, only 1 or 2 might actually tune in to the show.

And I'm sticking to my opinion that Naruto has gone the way of last month's milk. A year ago, my elementary kids all had Naruto pencases: now they've moved on. Pokemon's back. Reborn is in with the kids (not that many adults watch it). Capsule shops are glutted with Naruto toys selling for next to nothing and even the fans I knew have gotten impatient with it. Again, the only people sticking with it seem to be the girls. There are a handful who will still commit murder for Sasuke stickers. But in the future, they'll be the ones writing and collecting doujinshi :P

Sure, it might be regional: I've only been to Shikoku and Osaka recently... but seeing as that's at least a fourth of the population of Japan right there (and one out of two major geek neighborhoods), it's probably a good indicator.

Yes, Bleach has a following. But it's hard to be "overrated" when no one ever seems to be talking about it or extoling it's virtues. Honestly, I've seen very little in the way of Bleach sigs, discussion and graphics here too O_o;

So "Neon Genesis Evangelion" overrated: uh huh. Bleach: nope.
    I was just saying that Bleach is still a lot more popular than you made it out to be.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Stop editing your replies!
    Luckily I saved it.
    ..yet again hassun pulls off another feat worthy of spartan glory....
    but i have to agree with tsurara, the prince of tennis.....man that was crap.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast