+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach is overrated!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach is overrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Stop editing your replies!
    Luckily I saved it.
    I think you're the only person I've ever met who's encouraged me to be more verbose O_o;

And here I thought I was doing everyone a favor.

Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes bleach has some aspects alike to other anime/manga in fact it almost didn't get published because of it but that doesnt make it completly the same, there are different and uniqe qualitys every anime/manga have, in my opinion i think bleach is a great anime because it has a deep story, uniqe characters, and cool speacil abilitys.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

bleach its out overrated like i sade before it has a good story line
    and the car. r not stupid or boreing and the weponds r all diffent.
    Last edited by Hassun; Oct 02, 2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Learn to spell before commenting on the staff's behaviour.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

I only started watching Bleach back in late June, so maybe I'm just not jaded yet. Also, I started watching it only after I began playing the card game.(I just like TCGs) It's because of this that I don't see thing as being cash ins on the original property, because in my case the anime came last. Oh, and I loved the Bleach Rock Musical, musicals are cool.

Otaku crazy canadin emo kid is off to a good start crazy canadin emo kid's Avatar
    in a place whare i cant see a place whare im dead and broken
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    I only started watching Bleach back in late June, so maybe I'm just not jaded yet. Also, I started watching it only after I began playing the card game.(I just like TCGs) It's because of this that I don't see thing as being cash ins on the original property, because in my case the anime came last. Oh, and I loved the Bleach Rock Musical, musicals are cool.
    yah i just got some cards the fighting is ibit odd but i like it
    and bleach music it good i like the first op song is good

Newbie Commander Sparx is off to a good start Commander Sparx's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think Bleach is overrated at all, but then that’s my opinion, i would say Naruto is overrated, every one is different. Oh, no offence about the Naruto thing i was using it as a example.

That reminds me, I like the 3rd opening.
    "Long live planet Delta and the Cult of Sliver Blades!"

~Sparx~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander Sparx For This Useful Post:

kurapika (Dec 20, 2007)

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that is not true about Bleach, of course Bleach is overrated like Naruto. But I love both of them. Why is so overrated is may becuase they doing episode once a week.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

I have to disagree with you. Bleach is not overrated. You simply don't like it.

You say one of it's biggest problems is the fact that it's sort of story has been done to death. HELLO! All anime has been done to death. It's the same stories retold differently. It's the same "stuff" over and over. Ninjas, ghosts, spirits, demons, vampires, aliens, teen angst, body meets body (boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl, creature/human), angels, reapers, witches, talking animals, space pirates, love, hate, revenge, etc... Someone once said all the stories that can be told, have already been told. That is true, but it's not the story, it's how it's told that makes it something new. Bleach is far from overrated, because of it's telling. It's being told from a new angle, with a combined feel of today that gives it it's freshness.

You say it's slowing down. People who gripe when story line "slow down" when background stories start, annoy me. All people like that seem to want is constant action. Every episode has some action, just because it's not the entire episode does not mean it is slowing down. Every show that survives long enough will start to give background stories, and broaden the story lines with other characters who will also require background and connecting stories.

Bleach gives us a mass number of characters who are all as different as they are similar. Each has their own story, hangups, powers, groups, connections, and level of relatability. That is what makes the character base of this show so great. There are so many characters to choose from, and more come to the forefront as the story rolls along. Plus as the stories of each character unfold and we receive more insight into other characters, our allegiances may sway. One you hated last week suddenly becomes one you root for. One you rooted for last week now you wish would die. Add to that the domino effect of how one character has influenced another, and thereby influenced others is beautifully told.

The thought that has been put into every aspect of every detail of the stories can be mind staggering. Nothing seems to be over looked. Plus they take the time to explain many things, so that someone who may not have any knowledge of Japanese culture or history can still understand something, shows a care for their audience/fans.

For me Bleach is far from overrated. I like all the various characters, back stories, plots, revaluations, twist and turn. I like that it's not just the same old whack, slash, clang, slice every episode. If all they ever did was fight... Woo, talk about boring and overrated! I like getting to know my characters and living the story through them. I think Bleach achieves this... every episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast