+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bleach is overrated!

Newbie Remagine is off to a good start Remagine's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach is overrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    I have to disagree with you. Bleach is not overrated. You simply don't like it.

You say one of it's biggest problems is the fact that it's sort of story has been done to death. HELLO! All anime has been done to death. It's the same stories retold differently. It's the same "stuff" over and over. Ninjas, ghosts, spirits, demons, vampires, aliens, teen angst, body meets body (boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl, creature/human), angels, reapers, witches, talking animals, space pirates, love, hate, revenge, etc... Someone once said all the stories that can be told, have already been told. That is true, but it's not the story, it's how it's told that makes it something new. Bleach is far from overrated, because of it's telling. It's being told from a new angle, with a combined feel of today that gives it it's freshness.

You say it's slowing down. People who gripe when story line "slow down" when background stories start, annoy me. All people like that seem to want is constant action. Every episode has some action, just because it's not the entire episode does not mean it is slowing down. Every show that survives long enough will start to give background stories, and broaden the story lines with other characters who will also require background and connecting stories.

Bleach gives us a mass number of characters who are all as different as they are similar. Each has their own story, hangups, powers, groups, connections, and level of relatability. That is what makes the character base of this show so great. There are so many characters to choose from, and more come to the forefront as the story rolls along. Plus as the stories of each character unfold and we receive more insight into other characters, our allegiances may sway. One you hated last week suddenly becomes one you root for. One you rooted for last week now you wish would die. Add to that the domino effect of how one character has influenced another, and thereby influenced others is beautifully told.

The thought that has been put into every aspect of every detail of the stories can be mind staggering. Nothing seems to be over looked. Plus they take the time to explain many things, so that someone who may not have any knowledge of Japanese culture or history can still understand something, shows a care for their audience/fans.

For me Bleach is far from overrated. I like all the various characters, back stories, plots, revaluations, twist and turn. I like that it's not just the same old whack, slash, clang, slice every episode. If all they ever did was fight... Woo, talk about boring and overrated! I like getting to know my characters and living the story through them. I think Bleach achieves this... every episode.

I couldn't agree more

Bleach isnt perfect, fillers, odd plottwists, predictability.. but for some reason i enjoy watching it, yes even those nasty fillers. Bleach just has a rare kind of atmosphere about it that you dont often see in any of the other animes.

I personally dont know any other anime that include shinigami ...yet.
    But im pretty sure bleach also puts some original aspects into its episodes, so sorry but i dont think its overrated. Its simply a good anime that obviously appeals to allot of people because of the way the story is told.

But hey the genre is not for everyone and theres nothing wrong with that.

Newbie Soulreaperkilala is off to a good start Soulreaperkilala's Avatar
    Thanks

That is true it's nto fopr e very oen and this 500 words is kind of sucky i cant think of 500 words to type
    http://www.myspace.com/soulreaperkilalasac

Newbie Mortacxo is off to a good start Mortacxo's Avatar
    Thanks

Bleachs newest episode is the best one for a long long time i think, Lots of heavy action and many impressive moments, if that's overrating it you have simply not seen it yet . Go watch!

To Love ru ftw!

-~Things that you know, are they real?~-

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vare2 View Post
    Okay Im not really trying to invite flaming here but I dont see what accounts for the huge success and popularity of Bleach..This whole shinigami thing has been played out so many times before...I just dont see what's so different bout Bleach that sets it apart from all the others in the same genre.. Just my opinion, enlighten me please if you dont think so =D
    Let me ask you a question....why is that everytime an anime has some success, someone always has to say its overrated? Just like naruto not to long ago, people were calling it overrated because he was doing so good. Is there any anime that can have success and not have certain people say its overrated....?

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Kazuki Ferret is off to a good start Kazuki Ferret's Avatar
    Thanks

It has actually made me laugh before, and Kenpachi is just downright brutally tough. That guy eats Chuck Norris with nails sprinkled over him as a light snack. But there's lots of likable and dislikable characters, the line between right and wrong is hazy at times in the plot, like how Mayuri is a good guy. And the good guy doesn't always win, like when Ichigo was fighting Nniotra my friend seriously believed Ichigo would pull some super-new totally bullcrap move from his ass and win the fight, but no, Kenpachi showed up. Same with how Chad lost to Nnoitra right after gaining his true power, honestly I never saw that one coming, that was a damned sniper shot right into the back of my skull. I like Bleach, dispite believing the title means the King of Soul Society is a giant intelligent detergent container, hence the title but I digress. I like it, some people don't, whatever I have other things to waste my time worrying about then whether or not someone else is a fan of the same animes I am.
    I fixed your broken head-ball

Newbie Kalancelo is off to a good start Kalancelo's Avatar
    Thanks

I think everyone has thier own Opinions...and that if anything got big there is going to be somone who thinks its overrated...someone can say "Anime-A" is so overated and doesnt deserve the attention when "Anime-B" has so much more..and then if "Anime-B" gets huge..there will be somone else who says "Anime-B' is overated compared to "Anime-C"..and the cycle continues...pretty much if anything gets big and someone dislikes or just believes it doesnt deserve soo much hype and maybe plainley just sick of hearing people talk about it or see it everywhere...then someone will call it overated

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's see, my opinion on Bleach. I'm kinda 50/50 on this anime. I don't love it but I don't hate. I like the characters because as mentioned before many are easy to relate to. They are also interesting and a broad variety of them. The plot is interesting as well but I do admit that it reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho a little and just a bit generic overall.

What I don't like about it, though, is the unrealistic situations. They will be fighting a mob of demons and the fighters will be back to back. Now will the mob of demons attack? Oh no. They will kindly wait for the fighters to talk amongst themselves, complain of their predicament, and come up with a plan then they will attack. (Naruto has a bad habit of doing this as well)

Also, I hate the dub with a passion. The sub is way better in my opinion.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Apr 24, 2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: tweeking it

Newbie Mortacxo is off to a good start Mortacxo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalancelo
    I think everyone has thier own Opinions...and that if anything got big there is going to be somone who thinks its overrated...someone can say "Anime-A" is so overated and doesnt deserve the attention when "Anime-B" has so much more..and then if "Anime-B" gets huge..there will be somone else who says "Anime-B' is overated compared to "Anime-C"..and the cycle continues...pretty much if anything gets big and someone dislikes or just believes it doesnt deserve soo much hype and maybe plainley just sick of hearing people talk about it or see it everywhere...then someone will call it overated

true dat! Although it can be very irritating watching those "overrated" and whining comments. Sometimes they attack it so hard without giving any example just to feel good themselves, i find that selfish and egoistic.

To Love ru ftw!

-~Things that you know, are they real?~-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast