+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach: Zaraki Kenpachi

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Bleach: Zaraki Kenpachi

Does anyone else find him an interesting character. To me he tends to stand out from other characters.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bleach: Zaraki Kenpachi

Grimmjow seems to be a lot more interesting. He's just as sadistic and has a great fascination with violence and fighting, but the only thing he lacks is a small 6-year-old pink-haired mascot sitting on his shoulder. Oh, and also bells. Grimmjow lacks bells.
    I love my girlfriend.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Seeing that we have a sub-forum devoted to Bleach in the Anime Series Forum, and since this thread deals with a character from Bleach, I will be moving it there. I believe that's the appropriate locale for this sort of thread.

+Moving+

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Does anyone else find him an interesting character. To me he tends to stand out from other characters.
    Definitely. What strikes me most interesting about Zaraki is/was the fact that he in a way, outwardly represents a "bad-guy" character. However, throughout the series - despite his joy for killing and his need for fighting - Zaraki begins to emanate a more thoughtful, sensitive person inside.

I was almost surprised when
     click to show spoiler

However, when I really took a look at some of the episodes over, I can see how Zaraki really does feel human emotion. Just look at the way he treats Yachiru (pink-haired, short girl), His lieutenant. Zaraki's isolationalists mentality could be contributed to the fact that he grew up in a bad district of Rukongai. Growing up with thieves and murderers seemed to not only influence Zaraki into fighting and killing, but most likely shaped his mindset for other people, meaning he instinctively distrusts people. I guess that's where Yachiru is different. While he was used to killing men, Yachiru was nothing more than a little girl who merely accepted Kenpachi. Their relationship is a long-enduring one, and it gives off the impression that Kenpachi has never allowed himself to be open enough with anyone to befriend them, except for Yachiru.

Another fun episode of Zaraki was a recent one: episode 98.
     click to show spoiler

I'll stop there and let you guys say some more before I continue.

Bring the meat, gentlemen. And only meat. Oh, and just a reminder... Seeing that we're not in the spoiler section of the Anime Series forum, please use [spoiler] as courtesy to newer viewers who haven't seen the newer episodes, or any type of "specific" information.

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno about Zaraki, I mean yeah he does stand out from the crowd. Able to take on just about anyone and defeat execpt I______. He loves fighting and I'm surprised that he aint got the same inner conflict like Ichigo. Check the spoiler section for wut i meant.

You're right skater that we see that "softer" side of him with his Lt. Then again it is considered that he treats her like a daughter.

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I'm surprised that he aint got the same inner conflict like Ichigo. Check the spoiler section for wut i meant.
    Well he does have an inner conflict inside of him. Remember that Zaraki doesn't know his Zanpaktou. I'd say that's a huge conflict. I can imagine for a shinigami not to know his Zanpaktou would be like missing a part of you. Where would Ichigo be without Zangetsu? Despite Zangetsu's strictness and bluntness, he comes off as a fatherly figure for Ichigo, ready and willing to help him as long as he knows his path. It's the same thing for Zabimaru and Renji.

I'd like to think that Shinigami have a unique, special relationship with their Zanpaktou. Zaraki misses that. Before fighting with Ichigo, Zaraki might of not cared, but now that he does we might actually see the conflict within him rise due to actually wanting his Zanpaktou's name, and not being able to recieve it.

One thing though... If Zaraki ever DOES find his Zanpaktou's name, then I'm willing to say that he will become the strongest Shinigami around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    You're right skater that we see that "softer" side of him with his Lt. Then again it is considered that he treats her like a daughter.
    I'd say that it resembles a father-daughter relationship due to how it "looks." I don't think that I can agree that it is though.

Newbie Mage Ronin may be famous one day Mage Ronin may be famous one day Mage Ronin's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that Zaraki is all ready the strongest person in Bleach besides ichigo and aizen. to be able to beat other shinigamis on their bankai form while he's still in normal for? that's pure strength. i can't wait till he learns his Zanpaktoy's name. i would feel a 100 times more estatic that i was whe Ichigo went bankai.

After Ichigo, Zaraki is my next favorite character. He kinda reminds me of Vegeta from DBZ in the way that they r both conservative yet thoughtful, have a need to be powerful and fight, and have a soft side that u would never expect from them.

Newbie simply_cindy183 may be famous one day simply_cindy183 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i think zaraki is like the strongest of all the characters in Bleach... when ichigo and zaraki fought, zaraki did not know the name of his sword while ichigo knew the name of his sword... and they fought on the same level... i'm saying that if zaraki knew the neme of his sword then he would have won...
    anyways i like his character... he is like a good guy in disguise... really cool....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast