+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Re: Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

I have two problems with believing that his Zanpakuto is in its sealed form, both reasons coming from when Kenny fought with Ichi.

During the battle Kenny mentions that both their swords remain in released form or shikai at all times. That does mean that it's released right?

And the other reason actually comes a little bit after their fight. Kenny starts to wonder why he lost and remembers that Ichi said him and Zangetsu fought as one, making Kenny want to remember his sword's name. He does seem to know that all Zanpakuto have a name. He also states, (not quoted, because of lack of sufficient memory and laziness to look for it) that he FORGETS his swords name. So that does mean at one point he DID in fact release his zanpakuto from its name, granted it is released, correct?

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Everyone that stated that Kenpachi's zanpaku-to is released is correct. Kenpachi's zanpaku-to is indeed permanently in Shikai. Arguing otherwise is meaningless because it even says so in the series.

You do not necessarily need to know the name of your zanpaku-to to release your sword. but you do need to know the name if you want to advance it's powers further.

Ichigo's zanpaku-to is also permanently in it's Shikai. When arguing about it's shape, one must consider the following:
    • The zanpaku-to that Ichigo had at the start of the series was essentially a variant of Rukia's original zanpaku-to. It wasn't an exact duplicate. It had it's own personal features that differed from Rukia's zanpaku-to aside from it's immense size.
    • When Byakuya destroyed Ichigo's ability to become a Shinigami, Ichigo underwent training with Urahara. The results of the training was Ichigo regaining his powers as well as obtaining the true shape of his own zanpaku-to.
    • Ichigo has an unnaturally large amount of reiatsu. Just like Kenpachi. The two of them have more reiatsu than most Shinigami. Even other Captains. Ichigo once queried with Yoruichi about the shape of his zanpaku-to. It was during Ichigo's bankai training. Yoruichi was explaining the difference between shikai and bankai. Yoruichi commented that because of Ichigo's reiatsu, his zanpaku-to will always be stuck on shikai. Ichigo then commented that it was just like Kenpachi.

In conclusion, Kenpachi is permanently in Shikai. Ichigo is permanently in Shikai. The end.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Apr 01, 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

but the fact that kenpachi could just do the same training as Ichigo.... and get his bankai, makes me wonder. not only that. But I don't think that Kinpachi's zan-pakuto is in its skikai. I think that its stuck in blade form. because he has not even seen the face of his zan-pakuto, so he couldn't have possibly released it in the first place.... T-T... you need to know the name of it to call it out. I think that that manga just proves that ichigo doesn't realize that its two completely different situations.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flclking22 View Post
    but the fact that kenpachi could just do the same training as Ichigo.... and get his bankai, makes me wonder. not only that. But I don't think that Kinpachi's zan-pakuto is in its skikai. I think that its stuck in blade form. because he has not even seen the face of his zan-pakuto, so he couldn't have possibly released it in the first place.... T-T... you need to know the name of it to call it out. I think that that manga just proves that ichigo doesn't realize that its two completely different situations.
    Did you even ATTEMPT to read what Innerhell just posted?

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i zaraki is one strong shinigami..even if he doesn't have a shikai and bankai..he refuses be help by his zanpaktou coz he wants to fight with his own strenght..i think when the time comes that he knew the name of his zanpaktou..he would be stronger than the other captains coz even without his zanpaktou released he is on a captain level..
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heartless View Post
    well i zaraki is one strong shinigami..even if he doesn't have a shikai and bankai..he refuses be help by his zanpaktou coz he wants to fight with his own strenght..i think when the time comes that he knew the name of his zanpaktou..he would be stronger than the other captains coz even without his zanpaktou released he is on a captain level..
    does anyone read past posts?

Innerhell explained already that Kenpachi's sword is released, and is permanently released, much like Zangetsu.
    Why hello there!

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    does anyone read past posts?

Innerhell explained already that Kenpachi's sword is released, and is permanently released, much like Zangetsu.
    well sorry my fault for not reading it and sorry my bad.i know it is in release form like ichigo's zanapktou but wat i meant is kenpachi doesnt know yet the name of his zanpaktou
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

And apparently that isn't a necessity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast