+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

I read it. It just that his explanations made no sense. no where does it state that the shikai can be obtained with out the at least knowledge of the name of the zanpakuto.

I checked afterwards. I couldn't find anything stating that you dont need to know the name of ur zanpakuto to get to shikai.T-T

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flclking22 View Post
    but the fact that kenpachi could just do the same training as Ichigo.... and get his bankai, makes me wonder. not only that. But I don't think that Kinpachi's zan-pakuto is in its skikai. I think that its stuck in blade form. because he has not even seen the face of his zan-pakuto, so he couldn't have possibly released it in the first place.... T-T... you need to know the name of it to call it out. I think that that manga just proves that ichigo doesn't realize that its two completely different situations.
    No, both Ichigo and Kenpachi's situations are exactly the same aside from Ichigo's actual knowledge of Zangetsu's name. Both Ichigo and Kenpachi have unusually large amounts of reiatsu. In both cases, they have far too much for themselves to contain. Whereas both just leave their Zanpaku-to unreleased, Kenpachi uses that special reiatsu-eating eyepatch to limit his own reiatsu.

As for the name issue, the concept of knowing the name of your Zanpaku-to gives your Zanpaku-to more options such as compressing it's size to a more easier-to-handle state as well as evolving it to the point of Bankai.

The idea that Kenpachi doesn't even know the name of his Zanpaku-to is relevant to it's current permanently released state. By not knowing it's name, his Zanpaku-to is uncontained, unrestricted, and unleashed at it's purest to the point where it's size is ridiculously large in comparison to a regular Shinigami's Zanpaku-to. If Kenpachi had known it's name, he would have had the ability to contain it's energy in a compressed and sealed form.

Yes, in most cases, a Zanpaku-to shouldn't even be able to awaken if it's user doesn't even know it's respective name, but you're forgetting that Kenpachi -like Ichigo- is a special case with more reiatsu than normal.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

but... his zan-pakuto isn't all that large. Its longer, and its regenerating qualities are above average. but the zan-pakuto itself is not all that larger than the average. What Kenpatchi has over all is the spirit DENSITY. The density of his blade is able to simply cut through regular zan-pakuto. Not only that, but with the released shikai, the sword it capable of an ability. Where as Kenpachi has no outstanding powers coming from his blade.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flclking22 View Post
    but... his zan-pakuto isn't all that large. Its longer, and its regenerating qualities are above average. but the zan-pakuto itself is not all that larger than the average. What Kenpatchi has over all is the spirit DENSITY. The density of his blade is able to simply cut through regular zan-pakuto. Not only that, but with the released shikai, the sword it capable of an ability. Where as Kenpachi has no outstanding powers coming from his blade.
    Consider the average. The sealed versions of Zanpaku-to are mostly regular katana [70-90 cm/27-35 in]. Yes, what is compared are sealed Zanpaku-to. If we were comparing Kenpachi's Shikai with other Shikai, of course Kenpachi wouldn't seem that large.

A Zanpaku-to capable of a special ability if the Shinigami knows it's name.

Reiatsu = spirit density.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the name of Kenpachi's zanpaku-to was Kendo.

Anyway, Kenpachi's Zanpaku-to is in permanent Shikai much like Ichigo's Zanpaku-to is permanently in Shikai. It's been officially confirmed by the series.
    I love my girlfriend.

Thanks

I see I cant win this argument. XD But I tried. I haven't seen where it is stated that Kenpachi's is in Shikai, I have always assumed that it is in sealed Katana form.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

just as a side note, if i were the writer i would place super irony in it.
    What if Kenpachi's Zanpakuto wasn't a combat type in shikai form? what if it was... like Unohana's (i can't spell it) and its power was healing?

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Thanks

this entire argument was the fact that it is already in shikai form. Its just because Kenpachi doesn't know the name of his zanpakuto that he cannot use its powers. Also, Unohana's power wasn't healing, it was more like a power drain. it zapped away all of his opponents energy.

Otaku Shingo Kusanagi is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well i don't know for sure if Zaraki's Zanpakutoh is in normal or Shikai state but I couldn't really imagine how would he be if he reaches Bankai.That man is indeed a killer fighter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6