+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Do They Use Spanish In Bleach?

Otaku sasukesgirl is off to a good start
    Thanks

Why Do They Use Spanish In Bleach?

Hmm I always wondered Why in bleach they use spanish? Like Menos Grande = Great Minus what? I don't get it? Or Las Noches = The Night? The phrases they use like what I said are kinda weird. Someone Explain. Thankyou!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why Do They Use Spanish In Bleach? [might be a spoiler

I think they use Spanish because it sounds pretty cool and sinister. And also its easier for the Seiyus to pronounce since both languages are similar when it comes to pronunciation.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I think they use Spanish because it sounds pretty cool and sinister. And also its easier for the Seiyus to pronounce since both languages are similar when it comes to pronunciation.
    I have to agree it is pretty easy to pronounce. Spanish is just a great language. Maybe the writer took a trip to a Spanish speaking country before he came up with Bleach and enjoyed the influence.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to solking For This Useful Post:

ketaro (Feb 14, 2008)

Newbie Domineuce is off to a good start Domineuce's Avatar
    The last place you would look, your sister's closet XD.
    Thanks

Spanish is definitely more menacing, and it's pretty diverse considerably and not just limited to one language (in the dub, thats three when Espadas roll in). Actually just adds to the atmosphere overall, the use of spanish. Lol at the very least, its a clash of cultures.

Uber abstract.

Otaku Sakura Uchiha is off to a good start
    Thanks

I guess to make it sound cool.
    Spanish i can speak and understand it a little.
    It sounds kinda ool when you say it a certain way

Don't trust me....

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

i think part of it might be because of chad and the fact that he is hispanic so they name his abilities in spanish, as for the other things i dont no
    I am darkness

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why Do They Use Spanish In Bleach?

I would have to say because... The author wanted the Japanese to not know what the characters are saying for once. We the english only speaking Americans don't know sometimes what these overseas shows are saying sometimes. The Japanese know english though. Not many Japanese speak Spanish... or at least I wouldn't think that they would. So it throws them off. They're like OMG it sounds like Japanese but was it???

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Why Do They Use Spanish In Bleach?

Well cause some of the words sound cool like the attack moves or maybe he is a little spanish there could be millions/billions of reasons why but my guess is he liked how the word or words sounded .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast