+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Poor Dog - Menchi Grill

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

The Poor Dog - Menchi Grill

That emergency food supply you have somewhere in the cupboards... wouldn't happen to be a live dog would it?

Well, in Excel Saga, Excel's dog is kept for an emergency. Emergency of what sort may you ask? For food supply.

This poor adorable dog. And now there is even a Menchi Grill that can be bought as a souvenir of this Anime Series. The dog trying to avoid the grill plate.
    Attached Images

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Poor Dog - Menchi Grill

I believe the word "Menchi" actually means minced meat in Japanese; also, the name of Excel's high school (the one she later works undercover at as a teacher) is Inu-abe, which means "Dog stew".
    sig by Pyro Psycho

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Each time I saw the ending of this series, seeing the dog sing in "dog language" and being tranlsated by a female human was quite hilarious. But what truly made me laugh was the last ending...I even said at some point in the series that it might happen....the funny part is that I was correct xD

The dog even got a few episodes dedicated to him as the main character...I bet the whole development team had grown quite attatched to this supposidly "emergency food" and made him a part of the team and probably joked about Menchi each time they forgot their food for work or things like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Haha, I actually have a figure of Hyatt holding Menchi in a frying pan, but I can never get the stand with the pan to work right, and I think I misplaced the arm piece where she can hold the pan, so I have Menchi sitting on the ground next to her.

Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 25, 2006 at 04:38 PM.

Newbie AishaStar may be famous one day AishaStar may be famous one day
    Thanks

The crazy thing is I have that stuffed Menchi and grill. lol Yes poor Menchi, but it was too funny to pass up. I had to get it. That is the funniest food supply ever. I rolled with laughter when I heard and saw the end credit song.

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I totally thought Menchi was a cat. When I found it was a dog I was like,"..oh..." I feel sorry for the little guy. But, if you get hungry you get hungry.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

Newbie heavery may be famous one day heavery may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes poor that thing! I’m a dog lover myself and how could you eat a man’s best friend? But that makes the story line funny and Menchi is still cute edible or not.

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

feel bad for the dog. feel really really bad. you know? how do you fell if that happen to you? you want to escape after kicking the hell out of the person who is trying to eat you?
    Last edited by cantsenditback; Sep 20, 2008 at 02:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread