+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Comparing Transformers movies

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    My friend who saw it said it was pretty good too, I was suprised, I personally think it's going to be terrible, but what the hell, I'll probably go see it. I heard it's 3 hours though, is that true?
    no its not 3 hours and no its not good. the movie is filled with mind numbing corny jokes, and is not action packed. ill give it its dues, the end was action packed and the effects were great, but other than that i hated it.

and its like an hour and a half.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    There is already a thread about this...

Merging...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post

You...you mean it came out in Australia...BEFORE America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *has heart attack from extreme shock*
    *continues post from hospital bed*
    Just kidding...
    Still, I can't put into words just how suprised I am it's not in American cinemas yet!!! I mean, come on!!! It's America!! The movies set in America!!

Oh no, wasn't this listed as one of the signs of the Apocalypse?!?!? America not getting first dibs on a movie set there?!?!?
    REPENT PEOPLE, HELL'S FREEZING OVER!!!!! THE END IS COMING....!!!!

Hate to break it to you ya bub, but contrary to popular belief, the world DOES NOT revolve around the United States.

I'm going to see it on Friday (July 6th), cause I get paid then, and I'm resisting the over whelming urge to download a copy of the movie... Maybe I'll do that after I see it...
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 05, 2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: oops...

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Transformers movies

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Hate to break it to you ya bub, but contrary to popular belief, the world DOES NOT revolve around the United States.
    Every time I hear about something cool like this, America always gets it first. But not this time? I'm loving it! Australia getting such a beautiful movie first...

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
    OI! OI! OI!
    Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
    OI! OI! OI!
    Aussie!
    OI!
    Aussie!
    OI!
    Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
    OI! OI! OI!

Anyway, now that's out of my system & the world hasn't ended (my apologies to those suicide cults...), The movie runs for 2 hours & 30 min, plus the previews. It's defiantly NOT a kids movie, but I'm surprised you hated it so much Shu. I guess it helps if you were a fan growing up.

I personally am hoping to see it again, a exceptionally rare occurrence, considering I'm pretty much in a constant state of broke. I'm lucky to see a movie when it comes out, usually it has to be really good to make me see it at the cinemas, but I wanna see this one again!!

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm... I'm a little late on this. (I saw it a few days after it came out, but I just forgot where this sub-forum was)

Well, comparing the Transformers movies, they're completely... different.

Of course. That's obvious. It's kinda like comparing one Transformer's series to the other.

I liked it, in my opinion. Hear me out before you start bashing.
    Sure, it's filled with bad jokes. Sure, it's filled with action where you can barely tell what's going on... but... consider this:

If by chance they used no jokes that was common to these days...
    If by chance they used no cultural snippets at all...
    THEN HOW THE HECK WOULD THESE ALIEN-ROBOTS BE ABLE TO BE HERE AT ALL?!

The fact is, if they studied our culture before they landed, they would take what they want and keep to it. To say that jazz wouldn't say "b*tches" or that bumblebee wouldn't piss on someone is just ridiculous... how the heck would you know?!
    If you were a person who was landing on earth and could record all of the data of histories into your head and see what the culture was right now, considering the fact you know nothing of this place: How would you know you'd still choose who you are now?!

Exactly, I doubt a Transformer would LOVE to be you. (in most cases)

Now, I know a bunch of cheap jokes were dropped into this... but what were you expecting?! Michael and Steven working together doesn't exactly equal "truly genuine comedy"!!
    What did you expect the same old cheesy jokes that were used back in the old days of Transformers??
    Well, you could say that these are OUR day's cheesy jokes.

So you didn't think it was funny when Optimus Prime said "World Wide Web" or "eBay"... so what?! If you didn't think it was funny, don't laugh. The fact is, they DID use such things and it would be the EASIEST and most CONVENIENT way of researching their way through!

Couldn't tell who was hitting who in a fight?! Let me ask you this:
    If you saw two giant machines battling it out in melee, would you really be able to tell which steel-colored steel arm was hitting the other steel-colored steel's face???
    Right, it wouldn't exactly be easy to tell.

The fact is, it came out in Hollywood. You should've expected it and came to see the parts that weren't "tainted" for your own pleasure. It's a movie, darnit. If you really wanted it to stick to the old-school ways of Transformers, then beg and donate money to previous creators of any of the series! Or make it yourself.

In my opinion, I'm glad they didn't twist it into a completely horrible movie! They tried their best to make sure it wasn't COMPLETELY Hollywoodized! They tried their best to make sure that the Transformer-fanhood would enjoy it... what they didn't consider is that some of these people didn't grow up to logically know what to expect.

I know most of the people here enjoyed it, but for those of you who didn't enjoy it:
    Give it another chance. Just at least agree that "it's not as bad as it could've been" and you'll see why it was a great movie.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

having to wait until about a month ago in S.A. for the movie, lucky B*****ds.
    I watched the movie and did enjoy the humour, I for one recall the first animated movie that was released in 1986, when the autobots & deceptacons
    crash land on earth while fighting in a spaceship.
    now how many people grew up in that time? we are all fans of the tranformers franchise so you cannot tell me that you are not a fan.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, wait, wait... Before anything else... I'm bothered and I want a confirmation... Transformers is an anime??? HUH???
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

The original movie is something to be remembered. If you have the extra $20 go pick it up its been digitaly remastered and it looks great! As for the new one it was a great movie as well. I'll buy it when it comes out, but nothing can compare to seeing Optumus Prime drive through a group of decepticons, ignite his jets, and shoot while flying upside down, then he lands and shoots the rest of them that are still standing. All the while your hearing the song The Touch by Stan Bush which is a classics hold up your lighter song. In my ipinion the 80's movie is better out of the two.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

The original Transformers was a very cool Anime. In fact, Optimus Prime's Japanese name, if I remember correctly, was "Convoy", with his more recient versions being called things like "Super Convoy", "GalaxyConvoy" & various other things like that. I just prefer "Big Bot" .

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast