+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Comparing Transformers movies

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comparing Transformers movies

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey View Post
    I just saw that the Transformers movie will be out next July.I'm so excited!If I had a chance to make a film it would be something with mind blowing FX and I think this will offer them!!
    Well, the new one is finally out on DVD! Now we nerds can watch it in the privacy of our homes. Whoot!

The old one did not have the great, state-of-the-art special effects of the newer one, but there is something to be said for something you grew up with. The old one will always have a special place in my heart. Huzzah.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Well, the new one is finally out on DVD! Now we nerds can watch it in the privacy of our homes. Whoot!

The old one did not have the great, state-of-the-art special effects of the newer one, but there is something to be said for something you grew up with. The old one will always have a special place in my heart. Huzzah.
    yeah ... and i saw it ... it is very cool ... especially the part of the last battle there ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with the storyline. I was looking for something more than just fighting scenes. At some fighting scenes, it was confusing and hard to know who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Personally, I wasn't too impressed with the storyline. I was looking for something more than just fighting scenes. At some fighting scenes, it was confusing and hard to know who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.
    yes ,i didn't want to say that ... but exactly just as you said ... especially the thought of the loser guy who gets the main power of the core of the story and gets the hot babe of the strongest rival classmate guys (and usually that girl is superficial in the beginning of the story and gets in love with that passionate guy who she might never think to be befriended with)... that's the part which irritated me the most but still i liked the movie overall ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree tht the story could've been a lot better. I think they should've followed the older story from the G1 series. It had a more realistic setting in the sense that Spike didn't get the popular girl. I do like how they gave Samuel the same last name as Spike and Daniel though it was a cool little tribute to the G1 series.

Also I like the action in the old one more because it was on a larger scale more like an actual war. I'm a Optimus fan so I loved his scene in the original when he first came to earth for the battle. Also I like Bumblebee but I think the general public would've liked to have seen some Hot Rod/Rodimus in the movie instead. Just my thoughts on it.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

True, but then again the humans were pretty much the helpless damsels in distress in the series. In the new movie, the humans take a much more proactive role in the fate of their planet. If I remember correctly, all the humans did in the series was push a few buttons, give a little intel & local info & not much else until those Headmaster Transformers came along, but that's another topic...

Oh, & as a little side note, when I got home from watching the movie in the cinema, I spotted something interesting about the surname Witwicky. Apparently they make the spark plugs that sponsor the F1 racing car Mirage imitates in the G1 rebuild series of toys. Their name steches across the rear wing, "witwickey Sparkplugs".

As for Hot Rod/Rodimus, I'd love to have seen him in there. However I don't think it's likely to happen, as he's already in there, so to speak. As my sister pointed out, several of the other Autobots acted & spoke like Rodimus would have, namely Jazz's more relaxed talking than in the series, & possibly some of Bumblebee's actions, like kicking them out only to come back in a much cooler form. I can see how they would choose to leave him out, but I would love to see him in there.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie Michelita is off to a good start Michelita's Avatar
    Thanks

well not me guys, i love the movie, and it make's me feel a lil girl again, i love it, its a good movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8