+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G1 or G2?

Banned morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day
    Thanks

G1 or G2?

I grew up on the G1 Transformers, so I think I'm always going to find them to be the better generation. I know that back then the animation was very inconsistent, but a lot has happened in the animation world in 20 years. I think the G1 Transformers just have better plot lines and more action. What do you think?

Newbie finalblast may be famous one day finalblast may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: G1 or G2?

I grew up with G1 as well. I think that one of the reasons we are partial to this version despite the animation being so ghastly is the same reason we are biased to the old Spiderman, good old nostalgia. We are brought back to our younger days and the glory of pretending to be one of them.

Banned morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finalblast View Post
    I grew up with G1 as well. I think that one of the reasons we are partial to this version despite the animation being so ghastly is the same reason we are biased to the old Spiderman, good old nostalgia. We are brought back to our younger days and the glory of pretending to be one of them.
    LOL I completely agree. Our cartoon channel here plays reruns of the original Spiderman and I cringe when I see them. I always think to myself 'and we used to think this was cutting edge and amazing'. I guess in 20-30 years the new generation will look back at what is being done now and laugh at how shoddy the animation was.

Newbie finalblast may be famous one day finalblast may be famous one day
    Thanks

I felt the same way when they played the new He-Man episodes in 1990. I had to laugh at the difference just a few years could make. Our grandkids will find what we used to watch and what we currently watch outdated and horrendously put together. What does the future hold for cartoons and animation, I wonder.

Newbie johntron may be famous one day johntron may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well I grew up in the G1 era to but I was also in to G2 also but G1 was the 1st and thats what put Transformers on the map an I think its the originator none greater and with out it there wouldn't be a G2 or any other ones to come.

Newbie TommyBoy may be famous one day TommyBoy may be famous one day
    Thanks

The good old G1 days now those was some good days and yes G1 started everything but everytime a newer one comes along it gets better. No one can take away from the one that started it all but as the series evolved it grew into something els something greater

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks

I'm going to say Beast Wars...

have to ask though what on Earth do you mean by G2? For Transformers it commonly refers to either the re-runs of the origonal cartoon showed shortly before Beast Wars or a comic series by Marvel.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

+ Reply to Thread