+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Human actors transforming in the Transformers Movie

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Human actors transforming in the Transformers Movie

It will be very interesting to see how the producers make the Transformers movie for 2007. The cartoons and all that were fine and easy to make things disappear, re-appear and transform.

Eg: Prime Optimus, the leader of the heroic Autobots, is an 18-wheeled tractor-trailer. So, in the movie, he is a human actor right? So how is it that he will convert to a trailer and back? I just wonder how they will show that in the movie. Am sure the movie will raise a lot of interest again in the Transformers. We may even then start to see sequals

Newbie finalblast may be famous one day finalblast may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Human actors transforming in the Transformers Movie

Sequels always catch on with movies like this even if it is a total flop at the box office. I have a feeling that when they transform it will be film tricks. In the movie they only have, voices credited as Optimum Prime and the rest of the transformers, which lead me to believe that the transformers are not going to be human, just the voices. Everything else will probably be machinery.

Newbie medsed may be famous one day medsed may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think the majority of the transforming would ahve to be done using a blue screen with the actor and then filling in with awesome computer generated graphics. They can do some pretty amazing things that way these days!

Newbie Baron may be famous one day Baron may be famous one day Baron's Avatar
    In the minds and souls of all evil beings.
    Thanks

Optimus Prime has a large plastic model for much of his robot body, and a actual truck. The transforming will all be done by computers as will most of the robot body and small details.

The voicing (who by the way is Peter Cullen the origonal Optimus Prime's voice.) will be done after the movie is done filming just like an animated show dubbing.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Banned morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well first off, the whole concept of human actors for Transformers kinda blows my mind. I grew up with the first generation so I'm used to the animated Transormers. Today, the film industry can do amazing things with computer animation. Look at The Lord of the Rings. I think a lot of the cool stuff is gonna be computer animated.

Banned teamautobot1 may be famous one day teamautobot1 may be famous one day
    Thanks

When I first heard that there was gonna be a Transformers movie with live people I just laughed (nostalgia). It kinda scares me because in a way it reminds me of the Power Rangers. I think the computer animation is really good right now and has advanced so much, they can go fairly far technologically and in computer graphics and stuff. I just think they will use it if they're smart. I honestly think that if the movie had only the actors and no computer generation that the movie would be a total disaster.

+ Reply to Thread