+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transformers G1 to be released on DVD in US

Newbie finalblast may be famous one day finalblast may be famous one day
    Thanks

Transformers G1 to be released on DVD in US

Sony is planning on releasing Transformers G1 season 1 in the summer of 2007 coinciding with the movie release. You will be able to see the preview on the 20th anniversary DVD. I am curious to see what type of special features this may contain if any. I know I’ll be buying it just for the childhood memories. I think I will have my son watch it., he would probably go into shock from the animation alone. Anyone else plan on buying this?

Banned morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day morethanmeetstheeye may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Transformers G1 to be released on DVD in US

Quote Originally Posted by finalblast View Post
    Sony is planning on releasing Transformers G1 season 1 in the summer of 2007 coinciding with the movie release. You will be able to see the preview on the 20th anniversary DVD. I am curious to see what type of special features this may contain if any. I know I’ll be buying it just for the childhood memories. I think I will have my son watch it., he would probably go into shock from the animation alone. Anyone else plan on buying this?
    I think I'm gonna think about it as there are a few factors I would consider before buying it. I forget how many shows were in season 1 but if, for example, it's 10 episodes and they want $50 for the collection I wouldn't buy it. I too would hope that they'd have some special features and that definately would affect my decision. I do think though that it's a great thing for your kids to see. We thought back in the day that the animations were cutting edge. I'm sure our kids would laugh. I saw elsewhere that a father posted about his son watching the G1 shows and while he laughed at the animation, he thought it was cooler because he felt the plot lines went faster and there was more action. I have not seen any of the G2 shows, so I don't know.

Newbie like2play may be famous one day like2play may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Transformers G1 to be released on DVD in US

I have thought about buying it and I think it will depend on the cost. I would really like to see some special features included also, I think that would be great. my kids are hoping that I will buy it, but I guess we will just have to wait and see when the time comes.

+ Reply to Thread