View Poll Results: Who thinks Transformers is not and anime and who think it is.

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its an anime

20 43.48%
  • Its not an anime

26 56.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Transformers is not an anime and who thinks it is

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Who thinks Transformers is not an anime and who thinks it is

I think it is not an anime it is and cartoon and it doesnt have a manga and it does not look like an anime so i think its not and i think this section should be taken down.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who thinks Transformers is not an anime and who thinks it is

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    I think it is not an anime it is and cartoon and it doesnt have a manga and it does not look like an anime so i think its not and i think this section should be taken down.
    Not all anime comes or has a corresponding manga, you know. I think the section is fine where it is.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The show was originally created in the US, but it was animated in Japan and South Korea. So technically, it is, but it isn't.

And just because an Anime doesn't have an originating Manga, doesn't mean that its not an Anime. Look at Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is considered one of the greatest anime of all time, the manga came out AFTER the anime ended.

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

hhmm well some of the transformers series seem anime and then some of them are not..but regardless if anime or not ..I never was really into transformers..I mean I watch it sometimes..but it never grab my attetion like most anime..but now recent;y I have been into b/c I saw the moive ..lol (with shia..lol) i think the show is pretty awsome..anime or not..i'll still watch it..

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i say it originates from an anime
    so yea. if it originates from an anime then it is an anime at heart.
    lol.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    i say it originates from an anime
    so yea. if it originates from an anime then it is an anime at heart.
    lol.
    You didn't read what I posted did you

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well so what is it comes out after Transformers has been around for years and has had tons of series i think out of the 10 billion series they would at least make 1 manga you see what im talking about .

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

The Transformers aired in Japan. My boyfriend and I watched the movie together and we talked about how he had a "Battle Convoy" (Optimus Prime) when he was a kid.

He thought the series was Japanese.
    I thought it was American.

We had to look it up.

Turns out the series is based on a JAPANESE series of toys. The producers were American and bought the toy liscence for the US thinking it needed a cartoon to push the line in the states. So they hired a Japanese studio to make the cartoon with a storyline written entirely in the US. The Japanese toy company then used the resulting show to air in Japan as a push for the toys it originally made. It aired in Japan AND in the US (around the same time). The characters are icons to Japanese 20 somethings too.

Something else to shock you: Tenjo Tenge was produced in the US too :P So was GPX. Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. Animatrix. etc.

What the heck difference does it make?

Anime is just animation anyway.
    Last edited by tsurara; Feb 13, 2008 at 02:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast