View Poll Results: Who thinks Transformers is not and anime and who think it is.

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its an anime

20 43.48%
  • Its not an anime

26 56.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Transformers is not an anime and who thinks it is

Newbie irishvenom08 is off to a good start irishvenom08's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who thinks Transformers is not an anime and who thinks it is

Transofmers is and always will be classified as anime. Why? If I remember, it started out in japan and was americanized. If it had roots in Japan. and started in the world of japanese anime, then yes, it is obviously going to be considered anime. But don't get me wrong. I think that The Transformers we know of and love today will always be an american favorite to me. I watched it as a child and still love the stories to this day. Its hard to admit that something that you loved as a child really came from some place that was not "from home". but as I see it, who should really care? If you love it then you love it. Just accept the thing and move on. Right?

-Rich-(irishvenom08)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

asking if transformers is an anime would be like Gundam becomming americanized and me asking if the gundam series is an anime. It depends on which element you focus on. Anything comming from the asian society would be traditional anime (as long as it's true to the style) and anything else wouldn't be traditional but could be classified as americanized anime or cartoon. so which element of transformers are you referring to?

... and join my rebellion against time.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well japan alwasy gets movies before the Us so you cant say we got it first so its anime like i said its has an anime beat to it but its not an anime theres no manga its alwasy been showed as a cartoon.

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the original was an American show that was really popular in Japan. The new CG ones and armada were made in Japan so they are anime, as for Transformers Animated, I don't know about it and I'm not a big fan of it even though its probably the closest to the original.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think it is an anime despite the amazing film which i thought was gonig to be really kiddy and when i heard it was brilliant by some year 10 people in my school i thought hey lets check it out. The film is really good but i am not particullaly intrested in the cartoon version as it's a little to childish for my liking and god get some plain names it like doctor rabukhineatechkinog...Why not..Hey dave. I can't get my head around the names they are so complicated some are funny and great but it's a sort of programme that dosen't catch my eye, and the good guys always win with no major problems or losses in the film it's the same but my excuse is that the films to good that it dosen't really matter. I belive it is an anime because it's 1. been placed here by mods/etc. that probably know everything to do with anime and manga 2. becuase it's carttonish (untill the film) and is complicated like all other anime's in my opinion.

Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Thanks

i think that Trans formers is an anime because that is how it started out back in the late 80s and early 90s.
    His bell is tolling for you

He wants you to come home

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

i don't really care becuase American claimed it now!

lol, just kidding. but i always thought is was an anime. i could be wrong, because i can never find it in japanese on Youtube..
    and i always thought the toys were from japan

Otaku Skeleton Park Champion, The Streaker Champion Rabanastre is off to a good start
    Thanks

no transformers is not from japan it is from america and it was made it 1987.
    His bell is tolling for you

He wants you to come home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast