View Poll Results: So, just what is Naruto. Please read my post first though...

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • An intelegent kid who just doesn't know how to use his brain outside of a fight.

3 25.00%
  • Yeah, he could have something in that thick skull of his...

0 0%
  • What? are serious? He's an IDIOT!

2 16.67%
  • Seems he's got some skill hidden away after all...

3 25.00%
  • you kidding! He' got both brains & skill, he just needto learn to use them...

4 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naruto - Natural Instincts or Untapped Inteligence? (possible spoilers)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Naruto - Natural Instincts or Untapped Inteligence? (possible spoilers)

Alright, I've got an interesting question for all of you.

Do you think Naruto actually is pretty damn smart but doesn't know how to use it, or is he a instinctive fighter?

I'm working my way through the Manga & I'm noticing some of the tactics he uses are actually, well, brilliant. I'll hold back on too many spoilers, but while fighting Neji in the Chunin Exams, he comes up with a pretty good plan, luring Neji into a attack, then later attacking from where even Neji's eyes couldn't see. Heck, while fighting Kiba, he transforms into Kiba after Akamaru did it first, then fools Kiba into thinking he'd slammed his dog. I've seen a few other examples, but I'll hold back on the spoilers...

I'm not denying he's an idiot at times.

However when I was around his age of 12, I didn't act that smart all the time. I also was a social outsider, though for different reasons to him, & according to intelligence tests when I was a kid, I'm pretty smart. However apparently it's a proven fact that highly intelligent people tend to mature later than less intellectual people. Personally, I do believe I see signs the he's actually so much smarter than anyone gives him credit for, he just doesn't realize it/ know how to use it/ use it for anything but being so damn determined (another trait we both share). Sure, Shikamaru is brilliant & doesn't act immature, but that's cause he's too lazy :P .

So, is he brilliantly intelligent or instinctive?

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie fueledpunk69 may be famous one day fueledpunk69 may be famous one day fueledpunk69's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto - Natural Instincts or Untapped Inteligence? (possible spoilers)

hes got both tricks up his sleeves.. nd i gues he quiickly comes up with his plans as he goes.. so its both i gues

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The creator of Naruto completely screwed up by suddenly making the obviously sub 50 IQ Naruto smarter than a genius level shinobi with multiple lifetimes of experience.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

well. i think masashi kishimoto is the retard. hes admitted Sasuke is his favorite, he made him win many times against naruto, he made naruto the retard, and we all thought that until the battle with haku. then we were like.....:0
    Now, we think hes not an idiot,but hes no genius, and sasuke is smart. so what the cheese kishimoto? oh and it seems there are no strong kunoichi, until either
    1. its after a 2 year time frame 2. theyre fighting against another.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

What is fighting but a combination of both intellegence and instinct?

When fighting, one must use both of these aspects, and Naruto seems to have that aspect down pat. Granted his head is normally in the wrong place, but he is rather observant, and can figure out strategies while taking a massive beating.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm i think he's instinctive, he always has good plans to conquer his enemies but he makes dumb mistakes to obtain his objectives
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    What is fighting but a combination of both intellegence and instinct?

When fighting, one must use both of these aspects, and Naruto seems to have that aspect down pat. Granted his head is normally in the wrong place, but he is rather observant, and can figure out strategies while taking a massive beating.
    Not to mention, his massive stamina. Even with the Kyuubi's chakra, you'd think that after being hit so many times he'd at least faint, but Kishimoto's gotta make him all macho-like. I do think his instincts have a lot to do with his abilities though. He might be dumb, but he's got good instincts, as I presume all good ninja do.

+ Reply to Thread