+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tobi's identity

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Tobi's identity

I don't know how "updated" the people in this community is anymore. I haven't been here in such a long time. It's been ages. It's been so long, AO. It really has.

Frak the nostalgia. Down to business.

If you already know about this, then good for you. If you don't, then good for you.

I'm sure everyone remembers this lovely scene.

If you thought that Tobi was simply claiming or pretending to be Madara Uchiha, you thought wrong. This says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanin from MH
    *UPDATED AND VERY IMPORTANT NOTE. If anyone decides to use this translation for scanlating, I suggest the group retain the following explanatory note. Originally, I'd stated the line above was terminated in mid sentence, Nihongaeri's take on it (see his post below) made infinitely more sense than my own (God bless him!). Anyhow, basically what the character is saying is that once Akatsuki achieves its objective, Sharingan shall regain its original, ostensibly more powerful form, and thus, so will he, Uchiha Madara. In other words, among the things which will regain their original form are the Sharingan's true power and his own. 全てが本来の形に戻るのだ。, where 全て=写輪眼の本当の力やうちはマダラの力など。As for whether or not the character speaking is Uchiha Madara, as to this, there is no doubt. This part, このうちはマダラの力, has been construed by some to mean "this power, the power of Uchiha Madara." They're reading it like this: この うちはマダラの力。The way they should be reading it is like this: このうちはマダラの 力。When この precedes the name of a person (in this case, Uchiha Madara), the person referenced is the speaker himself. It's a way for the speaker to indicate that he or she is a real big deal (in his or her mind, anyway). And no, it's not a "vague" sentence, or one which could be read both ways: the way we're indicating here is the only way to interpret the sentence, at least as far as whether the speaker is Uchiha Madara or not. Whether Madara is possessing someone else's body or if Tobi's just a robot through which his voice comes out,is another matter altogether.
    Another piece of evidence would be this.

These images come from the latest tankobon [volume] in Japan. Right next to Tobi's picture is no longer the name "Tobi". Can you guess what it is? Look at the first three characters in Tobi's name. Look at the first three characters in Sasuke and Itachi's name. If you guessed "Uchiha", then you deserve a cookie. If you have already guessed what the rest of Tobi's real name says, then you deserve delicious cake.

Again if this is common knowledge to you, good job. This is for those that don't know and still believe that Obito is an important enough character to become recycled into Tobi, which he is definitely not. Obito, in essence, was nothing more that a recycled Naruto clone and was nothing more than a tool to explain the origins of Kakashi's Sharingan. No more, no less. It's better to consider him a filler character.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Apr 01, 2008 at 02:28 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Tobi's identity

How far are you in the manga Innerhell?? At the moment on the anime that have just met Sasuke for the first time. In Orchimaru's (sp) hide out. I think the next episode comes this week and its a double special. They just love to make us wait for episodes and don't bother to hurry up.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

click to show spoiler

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

click to show spoiler

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
     click to show spoiler
    There are no dual personalities. Madara simply teases others by acting childish.

It is impossible, illogical, and silly for Kisihmoto to reuse and recycle a character like Obito. Why would Madara use Obito when at the time he would have access to every single Uchiha? Why would Madara be a body snatcher if Akatsuki already has/had it's resident body snatcher in Orochimaru? Likewise, why would Madara have dual personalities when they already have their resident cannibal with split personalities, Zetsu?

Another important thing to note would be the fact that Obito isn't anything special. He fully activates his Sharingan late. A better candidate would have been Shisui, Itachi's former best friend. Shisui was infamous for being an expert in Shunshin no Jutsu.

The Shunshin no Jutsu is also known as the Body Flicker. It considerably increases a person's speed so that it seems that they move in the blink of an eye. It's not exactly teleportation, but it's something close to it. What made Shisui unique was that he was so good at it.

But this was probably not Shunshin no Jutsu. It was most likely true teleportation. An ability that seems to be unique with the Uchiha clan and secretly comes packaged with the Sharingan. Sasuke used it once when Naruto and Team 7 are reunited with him for the first time in two-and-a-half years.

Sasuke appears on a cliff.

Blah blah blah. After a short exchange, Sasuke instantly appears next to Naruto/

Everyone's like 'ZOMG!'

Sasuke was moving far too fast for it to be a simple Body Flicker. It's possible that this is either teleportation or just a enhanced form of the Shunshin no Jutsu.

Now, considering that Shisui was alive enough for Madara to jump into his body, it would all make sense, right? Itachi's only requirement from what we all know about the Mangekyou is to kill his "best friend". There's also the relevation that Madara was Itachi's accomplice in the Uchiha Clan massacre.

As for Obito, he was crushed by a mountain of rubble.

Look at the size of that rock!

I was once a Tobito theorist as much as the next guy. I lived in doubt, believing that "oh, Obito totally survived!", but no, it makes more sense that he didn't. Considering the massive weight of those rocks, the majority of his body was crushed. Before the collapse, the only parts that weren't crushed was his left arm and his head. Everything else was crushed and the weight and the pressure prevented him from completely bleeding to death. When the final collapse came, the rest of his body was crushed.

Obito is nothing but mush. There is no way to just repair something like that. Especially when there is nothing left completely intact to work with.

Obito is basically like Hidan now. Buried and squished by a ton of rock with a survivability of zero.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Apr 01, 2008 at 10:20 AM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie Katayame Ren is off to a good start Katayame Ren's Avatar
    Thanks

I think tobi isn't Obito. Obito has dead. Tobi also said he fought with The First Generation of Hokage, Obito is born after the first generation of Hokage. How would Tobi is Obito! in manga, you all did see Obito was dead. His right face has crushed, Tobi has only one sharingan on his right face! I think Tobi is Uchiha madara, not Tobi!
    NaruHina, the cutest couple ever!

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Tobi's identity

Quote Originally Posted by Katayame Ren View Post
    I think tobi isn't Obito. Obito has dead. Tobi also said he fought with The First Generation of Hokage, Obito is born after the first generation of Hokage. How would Tobi is Obito! in manga, you all did see Obito was dead. His right face has crushed, Tobi has only one sharingan on his right face! I think Tobi is Uchiha madara, not Tobi!
    you do have a point about Obito's death.
     click to show spoiler

But, could it be possible that he randomly came back to life?! And, remember..
     click to show spoiler

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    you do have a point about Obito's death. His face did get crushed by a bunch of rocks and Kakashi and rin was there trying to help out.
    But, could it be possible that he randomly came back to life?! And, remember..
    Obito gave kakashi the sharingan so, he might of gotten his sharingan back when he survived the rock slide (i think)
    First, stop with the spoiler text. This is the Naruto Spoiler Subforum. That's completely unnecessary.

Second, Obito was completely crushed. Who cares about his face when it was his entire body that was crushed? There is no surviving that.

Third, Obito fully awakened his own sharingan prior to the rock slide. When Obito's left eye was transplanted into Kakashi's left eye socket, one of the side effects was that it could never be turned off. Obito's right eye was completely crushed by the rocks.
    I love my girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast