+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who is the STRONGEST HOKAGE??

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who is the STRONGEST HOKAGE??

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1240 View Post
    i would have to say the 4th hokage because, he saved every one when the nine tailed fox attack Konoha. And, he was the person who discovered the Rasengan.
    i agree...the 4th hokage is the most strongest hokage ever...he saved the people of konoha...

Newbie Kozoi is off to a good start Kozoi's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd say Tsunade is the strongest in Taijutsu, since she has exceptional Taijutsu skills and Medical Ninjutsu skills. I'd also say the third Hokage had great Ninjutsu skills, but we haven't seen much of the other Hokage to judge them yet. :/

Newbie Ravenseye is off to a good start
    Thanks

Excluding the Fourth for lack of appearances/info, I think the following:

Sandaime - Called "Strongest", knew many varied jutsu rather than specializing in one general area (wood, water, strength), stood up to the two hokage shades resurrected by Edo Tensai.

Shodai - Fought Madara with the Kyuubi, was able to control tailed beasts, and his wood techniques gave him good range. In the manga version, he also had the darkness genjutsu he used on the Third.

Nidaime - The lesser of the two hokage brothers, he still took his water jutsu to extremes, being able to generate large volumes of water where there was none, and utilizing his jutsu with great speed due to his ability to perform them with minimal hand-sign usage. His ranged attack ability gives him the edge over the next on the list.

Godaime - Last because, while she is the physically strongest of the Hokage, she is limited to close-range attacks, while the other all have options to whittle away at her from a distance. Her abilities are on the same general level as the others, but are concentrated in the healing arts, and as such while she is the equal of any of the others, her realm of dominance is not in battle but in medicine, so in this contest she comes in last.

As I said, I don't rank Yondaime, since we don't see much of his techniques like we do the others, but based on implied power, and plot relevance (as Naruto's father, and thus a representative of Naruto's potential), along with his Thunder God Jutsu and general "flee on sight" orders the enemy had in regards to him, I personally would put him at the very top.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

The third is the most powerful. he fought out of love for his village and he was able to defeat orochimaru (well mostly) as well as two other hokage. He did the only real way a hokage can go. It was just ashame he had to through two of his former comrades.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

well im saying it is the fourth. he is actilly still alive after using the technque that u die after using it.
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Newbie hmiller44 is off to a good start
    Thanks

The 1st is the strongest out of them all.

The 2nd must have been strong too, but the 1st was the one who founded Konoha and was the only one who Madara ever respected: the 1st was probably stronger than the 2nd.

We know that the 1st could control the tailed-things and won in his fight against Madara even though the latter could control the kyubi but the 4th had to die to seal the kyubi (which was summoned by Madara): the 1st must be stronger than the 4th.

The 1st is better than the 3rd for the following reasons:

1.The 3rd couldn't even beat Orochimaru on this own, but Itachi beat Orochimaru easily when Orochimaru tried to take his body: Itachi is stronger than the both Orochimaru and the 3rd.
    3.Itachi calls Madara an invincible immortal (at least he was in his prime): Madara must be stronger than Itachi.
    4. The 1st wounded Madara so badly that he became a 'shell of his former self': the 1st must be stronger than Madara, which also means he is stronger than Itachi, Orochimaru and the 3rd.

The only other hokage is the 5th, and she couldn't beat Orochimaru even with help, so obviously the 1st is stronger than her.

He must be stronger than the 2nd, the 3rd, the 4th and the 5th.
    QED: thus it is proved.

Newbie Hostility is off to a good start
    Thanks

I would have to say the fourth hokage because he risked his life to save the leaf village

Newbie Ravenseye is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hmiller44 View Post
    The 1st is the strongest out of them all.
    Debatable.

The 2nd must have been strong too, but the 1st was the one who founded Konoha and was the only one who Madara ever respected: the 1st was probably stronger than the 2nd.
    Agreed.

We know that the 1st could control the tailed-things and won in his fight against Madara even though the latter could control the kyubi but the 4th had to die to seal the kyubi (which was summoned by Madara): the 1st must be stronger than the 4th.
    A few observations here that I think point to some problems in this logic.

The first had an innate power to suppress the Kyubi, while the Fourth did not. It is a specific weakness that the 1st can exploit against the Fox that the Fourth cannot. That does not mean that in a fight that does not involve the Kyubi, that the Fourth could not be more powerful.

Think of this: Yamato can suppress the Kyubi in Naruto due to his shared blood of the Senju. Against the 9tails, he is more effective than Kakashi or Jiraiya. However, both Jiraiya and Kakashi are stronger ninjas than Yamato. Thus, just because the 1st has Kyubi kryptonite doesn't mean that he's better than the 4th, it simply means he'd do better against the Kyubi than the 4th.

The 1st is better than the 3rd for the following reasons:

1.The 3rd couldn't even beat Orochimaru on this own, but Itachi beat Orochimaru easily when Orochimaru tried to take his body: Itachi is stronger than the both Orochimaru and the 3rd.
    I think you're ignoring something the Orochimaru/Sarutobi fight went to great lengths to point out; Sarutobi was old and no longer as strong as he was in his prime.

You can't use his fight against Orochimaru as a benchmark for his power as Hokage before the 4th, when he was in his prime and called "Strongest" and "God of Ninjutsu."

My ranking, for reasons stated in my prior post in this thread, is:

4th/3rd
    1st
    2nd
    5th

I think the first three are on the same general level, while the last two are significantly lower but still potent forces in their own right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast