+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did Itachi kill his clan?

Newbie Rosa Gigantea Council is off to a good start Rosa Gigantea Council's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Why did Itachi kill his clan?

---There was something odd about that night... Why did Itachi's parents just sat/ did not fight...?

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think that is entirely true...i think his parents did fight however itachi was just stronger than them. However, it may have been the parents' reluctantness preventing them from fighting fully with their son.
    The night of the murder isn't fully drawn, i don't think it plays much into the actual story line.

Newbie Rosa Gigantea Council is off to a good start Rosa Gigantea Council's Avatar
    Thanks

but... in my opinion.. to be emphasized like that by the author... Maybe there was a little "talk" between Itachi and his parents.... the "talk" that made his parents realize something... understand something... or maybe... regret something.... (like pushing to much stress on Itachi ever since because he is the first born son after all)....

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Gigantea Council View Post
    but... in my opinion.. to be emphasized like that by the author... Maybe there was a little "talk" between Itachi and his parents.... the "talk" that made his parents realize something... understand something... or maybe... regret something.... (like pushing to much stress on Itachi ever since because he is the first born son after all)....
    I am pretty sure that wasn't it. It showed that whole flash back sequence again but a lot clearer during the Sasuke Vs Naruto fight. In the others, they are most likely sitting or knealing or what not, because they are chatting amongst just the two of them when Itachi comes to kill them. Or the two just happened to drop when he used the new eyes.

I mean what stress would they put on him? He is the first son afterall. He doesn't have any competition, nor is he really living in anyones shadow. I mean your theory usually falls under the motivation for the second child.(Sasuke in other words)

For answering the questions..it pretty much states all of the answers in the series. I personally don't think there are any hidden messages to be found there. Killing an entire clan for power? That one isn't that unusual.

Thanks

what i meant of pressure... is.... since he is the first born son, he should be great, responsible, a good role model and a good follower....(in short perfect) I think it made him kinda cold / too serious...

plus his dad said that he (father) doesnt want sasuke to be like Itachi....
    ,so MAYBE, He regret making Itachi the way he is now....

-In the others, they are most likely sitting or knealing or what not, because they are chatting amongst just the two of them when Itachi comes to kill them. Or the two just happened to drop when he used the new eyes.-

Itachi's father had A Half opened kaleidoscope (half opened m. sharingan)... Although it was'not activited during that particular minute... certainly... his dad was skillfull enough to notice the presence of danger.... And hey! I'm sure the other Uchihas were screamin... there's no way his dad (even his mom) would have not noticed it...

or.... maybe... he used the MS/ sharingan to hipnotize his parents.... maybe..... (my head is aching)

--Killing an entire clan for power? That one isn't that unusual.--

I thought so too.... but when Orochimaru's intentions were revealed (Oro didnt just wanted power, he wanted to solve the mysteries of life. and his intentions were urged by his parents death).... i suddenly doubt Itachi's reason on lust for power

Thanks

what i meant of pressure... is.... since he is the first born son, he should be great, responsible, a good role model and a good follower....(in short perfect) I think it made him kinda cold / too serious...
    Nah, I don't think he would have done that..especially after the second child was born. If the guy was a true martial artist or what not, he could probably realize the significance in pushin someone to the breaking point. Even if he did feel there was a mis-calculation in the routine..Itachi was his son, he could probably notice if he suddenly changed somehow or became colder over time. The father would most likely stop before true irreversable damage was inflicted and focus on restarting with Sasuke.

Itachi's father had A Half opened kaleidoscope (half opened m. sharingan)... Although it was'not activited during that particular minute... certainly... his dad was skillfull enough to notice the presence of danger.... And hey! I'm sure the other Uchihas were screamin... there's no way his dad (even his mom) would have not noticed it...
    Weren't the parents the last to die? The two wouldn't be setting there idly like that if they heard screaming or if the father felt some presence of danger. They must have been oblivous to the situation of the killings, died first, or were completely and utterly oblivious of Itachi's true ambitions and personality.

How many times in the series have we come across those killers who hide their presence but were always found because someone could feel that killer intent.

That leads me to the same conclusion as the family having no idea what the hell Itachi really was. The father in particular, because if he sensed any danger what so ever before he died, he didn't suspect it was his son. If he did, why would he be knealing, or not realize what was happening outside. The two wouldn't be sitting down and talking about the Itachi without being a little on edge when they sensed death lurking their way.

If he really knew what Itachi was, why would he hesitate or simply try to make things right with Sasuke?

I thought so too.... but when Orochimaru's intentions were revealed (Oro didnt just wanted power, he wanted to solve the mysteries of life. and his intentions were urged by his parents death).... i suddenly doubt Itachi's reason on lust for power
    It doesn't really matter what Itachi's goals were when he killed off the clan, or Orochimaru's for that matter. If Itachi had some plan like Oro, they knew they needed an immense amount of power to accomplish the goal. The clan and murder could simply be known as nothing more than a stepping stone..just the first step down the path. The reason for killing those people were simply to get the power.

Newbie mclay82 is off to a good start mclay82's Avatar
    Thanks

i kinda think that they didn't fight him because maybe they made some deal for him to let Sasuke live and there is also the fact that he was their son, what parent could fight and kill their own son if even if they had to

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mclay82 View Post
    i kinda think that they didn't fight him because maybe they made some deal for him to let Sasuke live and there is also the fact that he was their son, what parent could fight and kill their own son if even if they had to
    So are you saying that they would willingly just sit there knowing that their son intends to kill them? They may not try to kill him, but they would definentally defend themselves and any lives surrounding them at the very least.

Made a deal with Itachi? Some sick stuff right there if they would even consider it. I think they are professional and noble enough not to even go near that option. I mean they weren't exactly push overs in the village. Why would they have any need to really fear him even if they did just see him murder his best friend.

The percentage of Itachi being able to kill off all the clan memebers or being able to fully utilize that brand new pairs of eyes to an extent that he could defeat his father would seem pretty low for anyone. Especially if you have been a leader for some time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast