+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A strange turn of events

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

A strange turn of events

In a strange turn of events the Arrancar rankings have been shaken up quite a bit.

Instead of #1 - #10 it's now #0 - #9. Furthermore, Yammy is Arrancar #0 which makes him the strongest one of all (at least once he's rested, has eaten enough and releases).

Current rankings:

#0 Yammy
    #1 Stark
    #2 Barragan*
    #3 Halibel
    #4 Ulquiorra
    #5 Nnoitra
    #6 Grimmjow
    #7 Zommari
    #8 Szayel Aporro
    #9 Aaroniero

* Barragan is as of yet unconfirmed but 2 appears to be the only number left.

So what are your thoughts on this sudden revelation? What would have motivated Aizen to leave his most powerful espada in Hueco Mundo? Did he see the threat in Ichigo? Or maybe the combined strength of the 4 captains, Ichigo and friends?
    Last edited by Hassun; Apr 17, 2009 at 09:48 AM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A strange turn of events

I think at the time he (Aizen)thought he could pull the remaining espada (Ulquiorra & Yammy) through to help out anytime he wanted so why not leave the big guy to continue resting and gaining the strength need to transform? Plus I am sure with he and his other ex-captains as well as 3 of his strongest and their groupies he really didn't need them.

But I don't much care for the move...this is turning into super saiyan syndrome. Maybe it is I just don't like Yammy and am still pissed they killed off Ulquiorra <_< but it just seems stupid. What is Ichigo suppose to go back into hollow mode again or will he conquer it this time and go to super saiyan 4!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    I think at the time he (Aizen)thought he could pull the remaining espada (Ulquiorra & Yammy) through to help out anytime he wanted so why not leave the big guy to continue resting and gaining the strength need to transform? Plus I am sure with he and his other ex-captains as well as 3 of his strongest and their groupies he really didn't need them.

But I don't much care for the move...this is turning into super saiyan syndrome. Maybe it is I just don't like Yammy and am still pissed they killed off Ulquiorra <_< but it just seems stupid. What is Ichigo suppose to go back into hollow mode again or will he conquer it this time and go to super saiyan 4!?
    I'm hoping for a grand team battle with all the protagonists in Hueco Mundo fighting together against Yammy.

I kind of doubt they'll actually do that because it will make them seem very weak compared to Yammy but Bleach needs some big team battles as opposed to the many singles matchups.
    I hope my wish will come true soon though. Hitsugaya shouldn't be a match at all for Halibel, especially when she releases. (But then again, he's extremely popular so he might get some far fetched super upgrade or something despite being an inexperienced kid.)

As for the Ulquiorra battle, I suppose it could have been worse. I'm glad Ichigo didn't just pull a super saiyan and actually became a danger to his allies as well by transforming. (I guess that's more like pulling an Oozaru )

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the group battle idea but the series really doesn't like to do that but I guess we will see.

IDK, the Yammy move just doesn't make any sense. It completely undermines Stark and almost makes his role pointless to me. Plus in chapter 271 page 17 when Ulquiorra shows Ichigo his number he states he is the 4 espada and his power amoung the espada ranks # 4, sure that is fine with the Yammy move assuming a 0-9 ranking system but then on page 19 he tells Ichigo even if he was able to defeat him (being Ulquiorra) that there were still 3 more espada above him...not 4 more above him but only 3. So it is like Ulquiorra didn't know that Yammy could do this to that Yammy is BS-ing or Tite Kubo just forgot he said that....which seems most probable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    I like the group battle idea but the series really doesn't like to do that but I guess we will see.

IDK, the Yammy move just doesn't make any sense. It completely undermines Stark and almost makes his role pointless to me. Plus in chapter 271 page 17 when Ulquiorra shows Ichigo his number he states he is the 4 espada and his power amoung the espada ranks # 4, sure that is fine with the Yammy move assuming a 0-9 ranking system but then on page 19 he tells Ichigo even if he was able to defeat him (being Ulquiorra) that there were still 3 more espada above him...not 4 more above him but only 3. So it is like Ulquiorra didn't know that Yammy could do this to that Yammy is BS-ing or Tite Kubo just forgot he said that....which seems most probable.
    I thought about that as well. It does make you think that this was a last minute decision. Like he still had Yammy left and didn't know what to do with him.
    The top espada really need to be explained more. Kubo Tite is usually decent at giving the characters their own story and background but so far the espada have really been faceless cannon fodder.

Otaku DangerGirl is off to a good start DangerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually we know who barragan is... its the old dude sitting on his bone chair fighting soi fong the one that supposedly controls time.

actually we know who barragan is... its the old dude sitting on his bone chair fighting soi fong the one that supposedly controls time.

on a side note, i just read when this post was first started, so ignore my little post, im about 2 months late to be posting here.
    also, sorry about the double post, i dont know what happened when i hit save to the edit button.
    Last edited by Hassun; Jun 19, 2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Double post merged.

Thanks

Don't worry, threads in the anime series forum can't die.

In other news it appears Kubo Tite is going for the "oh yeah we just defeated all of the espada and- OH NOEZ they're actually alright and haven't been hurt at all! We're gonna die - Oh wait, here come the Visoreds." angle.

+ Reply to Thread