+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's going to happen now?

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

What's going to happen now?

Like the title says. What's going to happen now? Ichigo has apparently lost his shinigami powers. Aizen isn't exactly dead, but he's been dealt with. So what's next? Are they just going to end the manga right here?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: What's going to happen now?

Moving to the bleach spoilers forum for obvious reasons.

Also, using a technique wich causes you to lose your powers is one of the cheapest moves an author can make in your average shounen manga. The sad thing is Kubo Tite already used it with Ishida as well.
    I'm interested to see what the hogyoku will do, it would be fun to see it go to another host (as long as it's not Ichigo).

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure about it being a spoiler, because we're talking about what will happen, not what has happened.

So are they planning on just changing the main character from Ichigo? After 421 chapters, are they just going to change it up?

Thanks

Spoilers always talk about what has already happened. Otherwise it would just be speculation. They're spoilers because not everyone reads the latest scanlations or even follows the manga at all.

As for the main character, it's still going to be Ichigo. Main character changes rarely happen. Especially in shounen manga. Just think of what happened when Akira Toriyama tried it in Dragonball.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

It has been an interesting couple of last chapters, IMO I believe he really wants to take the series a new direction and kind of "reset" the power levels. I mean at this point Ichigo is "transcended" beyond shinigami & hollow which leaves everyone else in the dust...they don't want to keep doing the wimpy characters show up, get crushed and then Ichigo jumps end to save the day forever. So removing his powers is a old and yet typical move. I mean they already kind of did the "levels" move in the Zanpakutō releases, banaki, hollow mask and even the different version of Zangetsu' Getsuga Tenshō...some point you have to reach the "max" or reset and why not do in now if they are done with Aizen?

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for him losing all his powers. That last jump he made was both ludicrous and ill fitting. From barely finishing #4 espada Ulquiorra and being both mentally and physically beaten by Ichimaru to more powerful than anyone else simply by learning a single move... Ugh.

I'm just looking at the earlier event with Ishida "losing all his power" and how insignificant that turned out to be.
    Having a hero undertake "LIFE THREATENING TRAINING" to achieve a certain goal is stupid of course. Since they always succeed and make the whole concept of taking a huge risk like this worthless.

Newbie dyoung102 is off to a good start dyoung102's Avatar
    Thanks

Everybody seems to forget all about Orihime and her, three-fold, power of rejection. She can Reject the future (pre-emptive offensive ability, although weak, with Tsubaki), the Present with Baigon, Hinagiku and Lily (the shield), or, and the most frickin used, the Past with Shun'o and Ayame (the time reversal thingy).

Initially I thought she was going to simply "undo" the Hougyoku and just end Aizen's reign in Hueco Mundo, but then things change like they always do. Of course, if she uses it and restore's Ichigo to the way he was I will have lost all faith in Kubo's imagination.

And I am still confused about the whole "Final Getsuga" thing. Doesn't he just become one with Zangetsu? If that is the case then there is some inconsistency going on (and I mean more than usual with any manga). There is a OVA called the Sealed Sword Frenzy where Ichigo, once again, has to come in and save everyone from a rogue shinigami that became one with his zanpakotu. Anyone elase recall that?

Thanks

I'm not sure if those OVA are considered canon. (And I assume they are not.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast