+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's going to happen now?

Newbie dyoung102 is off to a good start dyoung102's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What's going to happen now?

No, they are not. For example: Memories in the Rain.

However, the same basic principles need to apply. You can't have one shinigami fuse with his sword and get all pissy about it while another one loses all his powers completely. It would be like if Ishida's old man did the same thing his lame kid did, but instead of losing his powers he just bitches and moans about how he wants to "go back".

I also agree with above and think this is a power reset. Unfortunately, I am still confused about this Final Getsuga. I mean, Ichigo came out of 100 years of fighting his own bankai, was frickin ripping the hell out of Aizen and then just decides "Hey, right now, I think I will give up all this power for a few more seconds of kicking this guys ass." Every other battle he gets his ass kicked, thrown around and beat to hell before coming out on top, and for once when he is slightly above and truely pissing off Aizen, he gives up all his power. In my opinion, weak.

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

In all of his other battles, he didn't know of a way to become more powerful in such a way. He's had to rely on luck and sheer stubborness. But when it came to Aizen, the big bad guy of this plot arch, there needed to be a way for him to be able to beat him, because they obviously showed that he couldn't be beaten by any other means.

And Ichigo wasn't just slightly above Aizen in terms of power. Ichigo was on a whole different plane of power. He was too powerful for Aizen to even begin to comprehend.

And on that note, I'm going to have to agree with the Chief. A power reset at this point does seem prudent. But that brings up the question of how Ichigo will remain the main character. If he doesn't have any powers, then the manga is going to get incredibly boring. In order to keep from changing the main character, I'm pretty sure the hogyoku is going to choose Ichigo to become its new host. It only makes sense when you think about it. The hogyoku believed Aizen to be the strongest, but Ichigo defeated him, and so the Hogyoku will then recognize Ichigo as the strongest and bond with him. I also believe that the Hogyoku will become a more dormant form than its current state. I think it'll allow Ichigo to use hollow and shinigami powers, but they will be greatly limited. Only when a great need for the full powers of the hogyoku are needed will it release, and even when it does so, it probably won't be for a very long time.

Newbie dyoung102 is off to a good start dyoung102's Avatar
    Thanks

Now wait, are we talking about the same fight? When Ichigo came out swinging with his mastered bankai he proved to be the stronger of the two, but not by much. Aizen was just regenerating himself, and then going through the self-evolution thing again. Why I don't tget the sudden jump to the Final Getsuga is he didn't even attempt to go through hollowfication.
    And remember, when he fought bankai Zangetsu, as time went on Zangetsu himself was partially hollowfied. But instead, Ichigo decided after getting hit once to throw it all away. At least Ishida took a beating before he decided to give up being a quincy.

And I really hope the hougyoku does not choose Ichigo. That would be lame. And a cheap way out of this situation. From day one Ichigo has taken his own power and made it stronger, depending on the circumstances. If h just gets the hougyoku, and he is limited with it, then there can be no real growth. Not to mention it will no longer be his power, just a reflection of the potential of the hougyoku. One of the redeaming qualities of Ichigo is his ability to stand on his own two feet within the confines of this manga's specified universe (meaning he has Zangetsu and his Hollow alter-ego, but he tames both of them, and essentially they are him).

If they end it now I would still have questions, but at least it has some closure. I would rather it end then Ichigo getting the hougyoku.

Thanks

Well, I don't really see any alternative to him getting the Hogyoku.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The Hōgyoku was sealed with Aizen, the seal started in the chest where the Hōgyoku was embedded so I am pretty sure that is a dead concept for now. Maybe somewhere in the future but not right now. I also think Orihime saving him isn't going to happen...too soon and there is no new bad guy yet. It will be hard to develop another bad guy like Aizen...so the series may really take a dive in that respect.

I think he will regain his powers slowly but the main focus of the series will be more "what is Ichigo" Aizen almost told him and to me that was a huge teaser to get you interested in just how a human gains hollow and soul reaper powers and levels up faster (mere years) than those who have trained for hundreds. It is clear he isn't normal.

The royal guard didn't even show up for these transcended beings so I think they may play a roll in stopping Ichigo from getting too strong.

Thanks

Well, I've read the newest release, and it's obvious that they aren't going to continue with Ichigo any longer. The finality of the chapter was blatant. You could definitely tell that Ichigo's adventure is over.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I'm not so sure about that. This seems more like the jump in time which we've seen in Dragonball and Naruto than the end of the main character's run.
    That being said I wouldn't mind going with someone else at all (as long as it's not Hitsugaya). In these types of stories, side characters are usually a lot more interesting than the main characters.

Thanks

I'm not sure. If they were going to do a time jump, they'd do something like they did in One Piece. They'd make it obvious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast