+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Differences between the anime and manga?

Otaku Flying Ace may be famous one day Flying Ace may be famous one day
    Thanks

Differences between the anime and manga?

Hey, I've been reading the manga, and I read somewhere that the anime is quite different, is this true? If so, how does it differ?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Differences between the anime and manga?

Evangelion is pretty special because in this case the anime came before the manga.
    I don't have a full list of changes but the biggest difference is in the character development. I suggest checking wikipedia for all the differences.
    List of characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

there hasnt been any differences over manga and anime is been the same but it has different perspective views on which ever you like to read of any anime or manga books you read is up to the person who likes to see how it goes so that is not how it realy goes you can message me on that one but there isnt any difference over though.

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    there hasnt been any differences over manga and anime is been the same but it has different perspective views on which ever you like to read of any anime or manga books you read is up to the person who likes to see how it goes so that is not how it realy goes you can message me on that one but there isnt any difference over though.
    Yeah that makes sense I agree with you dark1angel.-^-^-

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you but i do not know if im entirely true to this task hes really asking or is it correct flying ace but i cannot doubt you.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark1angel View Post
    there hasnt been any differences over manga and anime is been the same but it has different perspective views on which ever you like to read of any anime or manga books you read is up to the person
    I don't know how someone who had actually read the manga could say something like that...

The anime and manga are incredibly different... especially as the series develops in it's later stages. The manga is more detailed, especially in character interactions and background information. Quite a bit of information only implied or guessed by fans in the series has been confirmed by the manga version. Dialogues are longer, character development deeper and at least two characters have changed drastically from their original interpretations, Asuka gets (I think) a far more sympathetic treatment, Kaworu a less messianic one, major relationships/connections that are not established in the series (Rei and Kaworu, etc) are established. Events in the timeline are changed, others are added... While major happenings follow the outline set forth in the anime and do nothing to directly contradict information given there: quite a bit MORE happens in the manga that changes the potential meaning/implication of some of those events.

ex. in the anime, Kaworu is
     click to show spoiler

In the manga, Kaworu is
     click to show spoiler
    Last edited by tsurara; Sep 16, 2007 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

lets just start with the first volume:

1) During the first angel attack, Misato and Shinji are saved by Rei, Piloting Unit Zero. Doesn't happen in the anime, and in the anime, Rei uses Unit 1 once, and that was in an experiment.
    2) Shinji has a vision of his mother when Unit 1 goes berserk. That doesn't happen in the anime until Unit 1 is swallowed up by the Shadow angel.

And to further emphasize the differences: In Volume 6

click to show spoiler

The way I see it, the manga is a refined retelling of the story.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

well, in the manga kowru was packing an EVA-sized chainsaw... thats kinda cool...

i agree with aceman, which what he describes should have happened anyway.
    but i altogether like the anime more, personally...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast