+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like this Anime? (GIVE THE REASON)

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Do you like this Anime? (GIVE THE REASON)

I got dragged into watching this, and I didn't particularly like it at first. I watch it occasionally and enjoy it now simply for the sake the characters are amusing.

One thing I don't get is how anyone cannot realize Anno practically copied "Nadia" to make this anime.

While I find the characters amusing, I dislike their dysfunctional behavior in the series with a passion. It's like watching Battlestar Galactica (the new series). You just want to write a self-insert fanfiction (which I have done) just so you can beat their heads in with a stick, or mutter "stupid Lilims" while they're being murdered during EoE.

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    I got dragged into watching this, and I didn't particularly like it at first. I watch it occasionally and enjoy it now simply for the sake the characters are amusing.

One thing I don't get is how anyone cannot realize Anno practically copied "Nadia" to make this anime.

While I find the characters amusing, I dislike their dysfunctional behavior in the series with a passion. It's like watching Battlestar Galactica (the new series). You just want to write a self-insert fanfiction (which I have done) just so you can beat their heads in with a stick, or mutter "stupid Lilims" while they're being murdered during EoE.
    for a person like me... who never saw the movie of NADIA i'll never realize it if they do not said that the eyes is the same as the character at NADIA (maybe). haha...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baikuza View Post
    for a person like me... who never saw the movie of NADIA i'll never realize it if they do not said that the eyes is the same as the character at NADIA (maybe). haha...
    Well, they practically copied EVERYTHING from Nadia when they made Eva (even the blonde bimbo executive officer in Nadia ends up wearing *gasp* a WHITE PLUGSUIT in EXACTLY the same style as Rei!).

The animation style is the same, the set design is the same, the character development (including the serious, angsty bits) are the same... Even the main nerd character is later ripped off in the creation of Kensuke.

SPOILER!!!

They even have Adam trapped underground by the Atlantians on the Ark.

Newbie darkcry may be famous one day darkcry may be famous one day darkcry's Avatar
    Thanks

i love this anime because its orignal and this had a big impact on me. the characters are very interesting and i enjoyed following the series.
    i have to say this is possibly one of the greatest anime of all time

<3

Your signature image was found to exceed the maximum allowed size of 500x115.

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Well, they practically copied EVERYTHING from Nadia when they made Eva (even the blonde bimbo executive officer in Nadia ends up wearing *gasp* a WHITE PLUGSUIT in EXACTLY the same style as Rei!).

The animation style is the same, the set design is the same, the character development (including the serious, angsty bits) are the same... Even the main nerd character is later ripped off in the creation of Kensuke.

SPOILER!!!

They even have Adam trapped underground by the Atlantians on the Ark.
    sorry for this late reply.
    hm.. i had read some article about this.. after you said about that. yes, you'r right.. but i do not know the detail.. it just said that most of the anime from Gainax is affected by NADIA. including NGE...
    but, i still like it. (^_^). i think that NGE still has it's own style.. especially the manga series. ah, and it has baka-eva.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    Also the ending really appealed to me. the fact that it talked about that only you can make life the way you want it to be and that you are totally in control and there is no one else who can tell you how to act.
    And yet throughout the series, all the characters are practically slaves, living out a predetermined course of events set in motion by a bunch of old men who saw "2001" way too many times, and their only purpose in existence is to die at a young age to satisfy the whims of a few in power.

Oh yeah, REALLY inspiring. That just makes me want to make a yellow "Livestrong" style arm band that says "WWSD?" (What Would Shinji Do?)

*follows the advice of his WWSD arm band, and cowers in fear, screaming, while leaving my fate in the hands of intoxicated tramps and madmen*

Newbie SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD may be famous one day SchneiD's Avatar
    Thanks

I defenitely enjoyed the anime, I think of it as being on another level from the other anime. The delevopment of every character is extremely thorough, no other anime can compare to that. As far as the story goes you could say that it has set the bar for story-line depth. The way it portrays mental obstacles is simply spectacular at the least.

Newbie Gehirn is off to a good start Gehirn's Avatar
    Thanks

This anime is the best of its time. There may be bias in that statement, so feel free to utterly destroy me for it.

As many have previously said, the character depth is endless. Viewers become so attached to every character that upon being subjected to their dilemmas, broken pasts or their deaths, the viewers too feel a part of themselves in strife or pain.

Animation was also very good for its time and I haven't seen the platinum edition so yay for that too.

Storyline and the deeper concepts confuse alot of people, that I can see here. I had to watch most parts three or more times, because everytime I did, I found I understood something new.

I was exposed to Evangelion at a very young age. needless to say it made me who I am.
    I am 18.5 years of age and a soldier in the Australian Army. Yet I still play the pokemon card game with my brothers.Why?
    You'll understand when you're younger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast