+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Do you like this Anime? (GIVE THE REASON)

Otaku ron119125 is off to a good start ron119125's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you like this Anime? (GIVE THE REASON)

This is one of the better anime that I have seen. Iliked the charters because you got to see how human they were by the way they were devolped throught the series.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I? I don't just like it... I love it. Before I saw Neon Genesis Evangelion, I never thought anime could get you waxing philosophical.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks
    There has been only one person in my life time that i have seen that didnt like it. and he just wont watch it because im not going to give him anything.
    that piece of ****

Any and all whom like this series, whom has seen the rebuild?!?!?! Its pweety, da pyon~. Id you havent seen the rebuild, look it up, find it, watch it. Ep 1.01 you are(not)alone.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

It's been so long since i first saw NGE, i was in fourth or fifth grade i think. I won't consider it as one of my favorites but i can at least say that i like it...and i'm about to tell you why.

NGE is undeniably one of the most groundbreaking titles of all time in the world of anime, overshadowed only by a few in my opinion. Its legacy could be seen today in the form of post-eva titles such as RahXephon and the emergence of shows with plots that focused on psychoanalysis and existentialism. NGE took away the misconception that anime is nothing but a child's pastime. It was a visual marvel rarely equaled by other shows in its time. With that being said i think that the creation of NGE was one of the events that changed the face of anime.

NGE isn't perfect, it had a lot of flaws. I wouldn't say that it's unique in a sense that it tackled a non-generic plot; Astroboy, the Super Robots, MSG, Akira, and a lot of other titles that came before it all had non-generic plots that are better if not on par with NGE's. Besides the mecha design, i didn't see anything unique in NGE if we're talking about the series per se. Rare? Indeed. Unique? Nah, i don't think so. Most controversial anime ever made? Definitely not.

Overall, it's a great and must-see series for everyone who likes anime.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, i like it somewhat. i liked the prgression from angel to angel and each fight therein, but thats about it. i honestly did not like the characters, especially Shinji. he reminded me too much of Holden Caulfield of The Catcher in the Rye. it's like "figure your life out, or just end it, please."

i may be being harsgh, but you know.
    Why hello there!

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. You're a terrible person. So you have no sympathy at all for him. Nothing? No tugging at the heart. T-T One of the biggest reasons that I watched this show around... 20 times was because no matter how many times I watched it, it was still really good.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The series is a classic, pure and simple. The fact that it still has a fan base and creates controversy over 10 years since it was first aired is a testiment to that. If you like mecha anime, Evangelion is a must watch, even if you walk away from it hating it. So many anime have tried to recreate what Evangelion did, and most of them have failed.

I like the series because it was one of the first that I actually watched start to finish. I also have a background in religous studies, so I understand most of the religous references through out the series, Like the Lance of Longinus, which was the spear that peirced Christ when he was on the cross, and that End of Evangelion's events is esentially the events depicted in the Book of Revelations. There's a reason why Shinji was wearing a white shirt in End of Evangelion.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The series is a classic, pure and simple. The fact that it still has a fan base and creates controversy over 10 years since it was first aired is a testiment to that. If you like mecha anime, Evangelion is a must watch, even if you walk away from it hating it. So many anime have tried to recreate what Evangelion did, and most of them have failed.

I like the series because it was one of the first that I actually watched start to finish. I also have a background in religous studies, so I understand most of the religous references through out the series, Like the Lance of Longinus, which was the spear that peirced Christ when he was on the cross, and that End of Evangelion's events is esentially the events depicted in the Book of Revelations. There's a reason why Shinji was wearing a white shirt in End of Evangelion.

Wow i didn't know about these things since i'm a muslim ,i expected it to be like that somehow but for a detail as small as a white shirt for the character ,i would never known that ,lol.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast