+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which ending?

Newbie calci may be famous one day calci may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Which ending?

I like the movie ending better because I guess I dont really like the fact how shinji is made to be like a hero in the last two episodes. Just my personal opinions of course. In the movie ending we get to know deeper about the other characters and I think this aids in the overall understanding of this series.

Newbie Haunted is off to a good start Haunted's Avatar
    Thanks

The series ending, that is episodes 25 and 26, was really what was happening within Shinji's mind. You have to remember that the entire series up until that point was Shinji going through everything that happened, so episodes 25 and 26 could be seen as the audience finally catching up to where Shinji actually is at that point, and Shinji realising that he can either grow up as a person emotionally and move on, or he could throw himself into a volcano (jokes).

The movies, on the other hand, are like a continuation of the series, what was actually happening in the real world after all the Angels were defeated. This is just what I think, and Im not saying that this is what it actually all means, but this is how I interpret it.

Newbie Zaem is off to a good start Zaem's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Which ending?

well i guess we can all agree that the ending to the series sucked most of those episodes were fillers or atleast seemed to be and i dont know it seemed that shinji was gay and wined to much so it kind of pissed me off cus he was cool at the begening of the series but then it somewhat started to go downhill.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaem View Post
    well i guess we can all agree that the ending to the series sucked most of those episodes were fillers or atleast seemed to be and i dont know it seemed that shinji was gay and wined to much so it kind of pissed me off cus he was cool at the begening of the series but then it somewhat started to go downhill.
    This is purely my own opinion, but I'm pretty sure goin through all the stuff shinji went through, a person is allowed to 'whine'.
    Think about it, he's been practically forced into piloting a giant robot, forced to endure all manor of pain (mental and physical), he gets very little praise for it... and add puberty into the mix your bound to be a little bit emotional don't you think?

But I actually liked the ending of the series, not as an ending to EVA all together but it just seemed a good way to seperate the films from the series.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

if you have seen space runaway ideon, it's actually where the creators of eva got the their stories from. and actually both has similar ending, except for ideon, the entrie universe was destroyed and rebuild instead of earth, for eva version.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I guess I could be called a little crazy myself, but the way I see it, the movies & the last 2 episodes are possible different time lines.

In the series finally, Gendo uses Rei to perform psychotherapy directly to everybodies minds, allowing him to attempt to merge everyone into a single perfect entity. However I think Shinji screws it up for him, by realising that he is himself, not everyone else, with his own identity.

Oh, & before anyone pipes up & tries to shoot me down in flames, I do realise there is actually a few shots that are actually from the movies, but I see them as Shinji being shown other possibilities.

As for the movies, They veer away after the last Angel's death. Death & rebirth are actually 2 seperate parts, 1 used to explane the other. Death recaps on what has happened during the series, with extra footage thrown in. Rebirth however, it picks up from the last Angel's death & follows a different story. Rebirth starts telling the story of SEELE deciding to take the Evas back by force, finishing just as the story gets good. And yes, I complained at the rented tape when they cut the story there.

End Of Evangelion tells the full story of SEELE's attempt to get the Eva's back. For those who haven't seen it, I won't go into any detail, but it covers everything already told in Rebirth, then finishes the story.

I can understand why they did it that way. If someone just watches End of Evangelion, without seeing the series, they would get rather confused & possiblyu run off screaming! Death & Rebirth was created as a means to fill in the missing info from the sries, while getting everyone's appetite nice & wet for the full movie.

My sister still can't belive I made some sence out of the last 2 episodes. And she actually watches it a lot more than I do.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie DarknessInZero is off to a good start DarknessInZero's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally liked the EoE ending it made more sense to me than the series' ending and also because it shows the end of the world (kinda funny) which is something you don't see every day.
    ASSASSINATE THE MAINSTREAM!!!

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well i like the show better people didnt just die everybody was happy the movie everybody you liked died it was messed up it made me freak out that girl gets ate then she is split in half why did the maker mess up his seris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast