+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Evangelion Vs. Gundam (or any mecha for that matter)

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Evangelion Vs. Gundam (or any mecha for that matter)

Since I'm in a good mood today (I closed the last thread, since it was in violation of site rules), and I'm interested in hearing how you fanboys will come to the defense of your favored mecha, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this:

Eva-01 could pwn any and all opponents.

My reasoning is as follows: Evangelion Test Unit 01 is the harbinger of death, and actually assisted in bringing about the apocalypse in End of Evangelion.

Now, Remache posted a video of Eva 01 getting blown up in one shot in a video game (your lucky I didn't give out an infraction for that Low quality post, BTW). To be honest, judging by the make up of the scene, the aforementioned apocalypse is occurring as they are battling, and the Pilot of the Gundum would not have been able to shield itself from being returned to the primordial soup from which it came.

Nothing could prevent that, except being with in Unit 01.

Now, the other Eva Units, 00, 02 through the rest of series, well, those are fair game since they do not have the god like powers of Unit 01.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Evangelion Vs. Gundam (or any mecha for that matter)

All opinions are welcomed even if they are misquided JK. I would give it to Gundam Zero: Pilot Heero Yui on a one on one battle. The reason is the plug aspect. A Gundam can sever the plug or position themselves just out of range of the plug. While there is examples of some Evas being able to generate their own power it is rare. Besides lets see them start Instrumentality with a beam sabel rammed through your Eva. But we really need Spike TV to do a deadliest warriors anime. It would be awesome.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There's another reason that I did not mention: The AT field, or what is known as the Pilots Ego barrier (Watch Eva Episode 24 for the best explanation), suffice to say that the AT field is impenetrable if the pilot wills it to be so. Conventional Weapons, including lazer based weapons, are useless, ineffective, or just not plausible.

The only instance where a beam weapon penetrated an AT field was in Episode 6 (Rei II), and that was only possible because the Beam weapon was being powered by 100% of Japans power output, and the Pilot of Unit 01 using its own AT field to neutralize the Angel's.

Basically: Beam Saber = Not Effective, Beam Rifle = Not Effective/Not Plausible

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

As much as I would hate to admit it, I can't really see how anything could withstand the ridiculous power of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It's regressive form, the Choginga Daigurren Lagann, had the power to punch its opponents into a hole in space/time.

Meanwhile, Nono from Diebuster: Gunbuster 2 had the power to create black holes as well as absorb energy blasts and fire a beam that can slice the moon in half.

And then there's GaoGaiGar.
    I love my girlfriend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Innerhell For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jul 31, 2009)

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The only entity that could compete against the god-mecha known as EVA-01 would be another god-mecha, RahXephon...

And I would bet my money on RahXephon, because Shinji and EVA-01 ultimately failed in reshaping of reality, while Ayato and RahXephon were ultimately successful in 'retuning' reality... The only other Anime character that has demonstrated the power approaching that of RahXephon would be Lain of 'Serial Experiment Lain'
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jul 31, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Plus ramiel proved that the AT field is not perfect and allows for objects to pass though they must be powerful. Several times through the series the Evas are busted or damaged as a result of force teh AT field could not stop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Plus ramiel proved that the AT field is not perfect and allows for objects to pass though they must be powerful. Several times through the series the Evas are busted or damaged as a result of force teh AT field could not stop.
    I believe that I explained this in my opening post, as this example is something that is listed under the Implausible or impractical situations.

Kaworu (Tabris) stated when he was explaining to Shinji what the true nature of an AT field is: "A sacred area in which nothing can intrude", and concidering that Tabris' AT field is strongest ever detected, blocking out light, magnetism, sub-atomic particles, everything. This shows that An AT feild being controlled by someone who knows how to utilize their own AT field is literally an invincibility shield. The only reason that Shinji was able to kill him was because Tabris allowed him too.

The AT Field is also shown as being powerful enough to be used as a weapon, as seen in Unit 02's battle with UN (Seele) Special forces during End of Evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    The only other Anime character that has demonstrated the power approaching that of RahXephon would be Lain of 'Serial Experiment Lain'
    What about Haruhi, since she is essentially a god and can control the very make up of the universe, even though she's doing it with out being aware of what she's doing.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    The only other Anime character that has demonstrated the power approaching that of RahXephon would be Lain of 'Serial Experiment Lain'
    What about Haruhi, since she is essentially a god and can control the very make up of the universe, even though she's doing it with out being aware of what she's doing.
    Now granted, Haruhi Suzumiya is almost as powerful, but she is still limited to the time stream. So far, she's only shown the ability to effect the present (and indirectly, the future), but not events before the awakening of her hidden powers. RahXephon has shown the ability to change reality (which includes both the past and the present), while Lain has a presence everywhere at every time, and can change both the past, present and future at her leisure, (which actually makes her more powerful then RahXephon!!!)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jul 04, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jul 31, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast