+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Evangelion Vs. Gundam (or any mecha for that matter)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Evangelion Vs. Gundam (or any mecha for that matter)

I never thought about that one before. I mean it is gundam vs evangelion but since we are going on another path I must admit that Gundam can beat the evangelion and Rahxephon can beat evangelion. And now admit that haruhi and Lain can beat them. Sorry.

Newbie BludgeonTheAngels is off to a good start BludgeonTheAngels's Avatar
    Thanks

Lies and slander. Lies, and slander.

Evangelion Unit 01 couldn't be beaten by a measly Gundam, especially the ill-equipped Wing. Unit 01 not only has the ability to end all sentient existence and merge them into a singular entity, but as of post EoE canon it has the Lance of Longinuss, as well as S2 organs (The answer to your comment of being unable to sustain constant power) aided with the capability of near instantaneous regeneration, an AT Field that if used properly can block out nearly all structures of even subatomic matter as well as reject them entirely causing them to annihilate themselves, and a caring mother's soul who would be intent on destroying the whole of existence simply so her son can decide what he wants. Even going as far remolding reality, as well as human consciousness after her son rejected instrumentality in EoE. (As depicted in RoE.)

Last time I checked Gundam Wing could just transform into a bird with a big gun. . . And somehow it's going to beat EVA 01? I mean come on, even Unit 02 could annihilate Gundam Wing simply by removing the plug depth limiters and going into a vicious berserk mode. (Once again RoE)

Of course while compared to all the things you have listed, considering interruption of time, remolding of reality, breaking dimensional barriers, creating black holes, it does mean that it could possibly be destroyed by those. But that being said, if you want to play like that then Makoto Konno, from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, could just go back into the inception of all of the things that could possibly win in an actual fight, and stop them from being created/destroying the creators/killing the subjects. Even Haruhi and Lain would be subject to the fate, simply by Makoto going back and ending their lives to before before they awakened and discovered their own natures, respectively.

In the end the fights would be based on the fixed rules of the realities of every anime separately if superfluous theoretical reality/time/universal modification would be in play, due in part to the nature of them all being too conflicting to merge into a singular universe for a combative field of play.

But either way, it's agreeable that without abilities that bend reality to an abstract sense, EVA 01 would win with it's Absolute Terror Field, S2 organs, and Berserk form.

For the sake of fairness, that's not considering it's form from the end of RoE's second installment, where it could have annihilated all of reality in a single instance if it wanted.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is Gundam 00 Riser. I believe that would hands down beat the EVAs. I don't have a very good recollection of what EVA 01 can do, however, if the situation was taking a turn for the worse, 00 Riser would simply activate Trans Am and start moving far too fast for any mecha to keep up, and on top of that, even if he were to get hit in Trans Am (which happens twice in Gundam 00), 00 Riser quantamizes and is unharmed and attacks for the kill. It doesn't need to use it's beam weapons because of the massive sword it wields and it's by far faster than EVA.

So, unless I missed something here I think Gundam 00 Riser would win. =D

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    So, unless I missed something here I think Gundam 00 Riser would win. =D
    The fact that mecha like Eva-01 and RahXephon have the ability to completely warp and reshape reality, that is what you missed.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

gundam 00 riser would win defantly. and nothing can hit it(when it uses its quntam waves). and if setsuna is like he was in ep 24 it would be litraly imposible to even skratch him
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Newbie BludgeonTheAngels is off to a good start BludgeonTheAngels's Avatar
    Thanks

Scratching it wouldn't be a problem. The Absolute Terror Field of Eva 01 would nullify every attack, from every angle, at every speed, and then it could even reverse the polarity of the AT Field and turn it into a matter neutralizer, turning it into a weapon. Not to mention the ability it has in RoE to shoot mega freaking lasers with it's eye that can match wave lengths with other AT Fields, corrode them, and then cause a breakdown of atomic material, reconstruction, and then combustion.

No matter how good of a design any of the Mecha have, the fact that EVA 01 has a human soul inside of it, that it's actually Biomechanical, that it can regenerate it's flesh at an inhuman rate to near infinite levels of cell damage, and the ability to go berserk make it a very powerful. It has nearly no limit to the extent of power it can exert, the only problem with a thing like that is the stability of the pilot. If Kaworu's Dummy Plug System was used instead of Shinji, but with the same innate connection Shinji has to the unit, then it would be an unstoppable beast. That is all without removing the plug depth limiters, too. Haha.

Otaku itano123 is off to a good start itano123's Avatar
    Right behind the people that call me EMO with a knife
    Thanks

yes but the 00 riser stops the erg to fight altogether in ANY soul (the power of a true inovator) (well it only activated when everyone was about to die in the season)
    if only the knew the tue meaning of destiny

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

The only other mecha that I can think of that has a remote chance to win, and by remote I mean that it can conclusively beat all the other mecha mentioned, except for the EVA 01 and Rahx. My choice is the ARX-7 Arbalest fro the anime Full Metal Panic!

The ARX-7 Arbalest is by far the smallest mecha mentioned at roughly half the size of the Gundams, and putting aside Gundam 00 Riser form, probably one of the best for maneuverability and agility, making it just that much harder to hit. What makes the ARX-7 Arbalest such a dangerous factor however is that its size or agility, but a certain ability built into it called the 'Lambda Driver' which is a direct source for Black Technology.

Black Technology and the Lambda Driver, in short, ignores most of Newton's Laws of physics, primarily the third law of motion

Whenever a first body exerts a force F on a second body, the second body exerts a force −F on the first body. F and −F are equal in size and opposite in direction.
    The Lambda Driver's power comes from an emotional link with its pilot's mind: The means that the stronger the emotional wave link is per tactic, the stronger the attack or barrier that is made.

In the series Full Metal Panic! Sousuke Sagara was saved two times (as far as I can remember) via the Lambda Driver, and on both counts that I can recall he was weakened emotionally, the last being at the end of Second Raid when his mind is in complete turmoil. In the series the Lambda Driver's max capabilities are never reached, I don't even know if there is a limit as it uses a persona's emotions to preform attacks/defenses.

The first time the Lambda Driver was used was in the first season of the show when Sousuke had to just imagine himself winning to win, and winning without a doubt. And he did.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast