+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm... rei an angel?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hmmm... rei an angel?

Rei is definitely an angel if you take in consideration that she had a protecting field like any other angel(i don't remember what was the field exactly called) so yes she is an angel even if she lives and acts as a human and treated like one , she is an angel because acting like humans wont transform her into a real one ... that's what i think
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Rei is definitely an angel if you take in consideration that she had a protecting field like any other angel(i don't remember what was the field exactly called) so yes she is an angel even if she lives and acts as a human and treated like one , she is an angel because acting like humans wont transform her into a real one ... that's what i think
    but everyone and everyting alive has an Absolute Terror Feild.....
    but not everything can control theirs.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yep she is she is adam she is life and death really in Nge.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Rei is a clone made from Genetic material from Lilith (The 2nd Angel), and Shinji's mom, Yui Ikari.

In a sense, she is.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Rei is a clone made from Genetic material from Lilith (The 2nd Angel), and Shinji's mom, Yui Ikari.

In a sense, she is.
    this is one of my theories. and why Gendo not only sees her as a tool, i think its also the fact that its his Yui incarnated again...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    this is one of my theories. and why Gendo not only sees her as a tool, i think its also the fact that its his Yui incarnated again...
    Its not a Theory, thats what she is.

According to the Red Cross Book, Rei was made from salvaged remains of Yui after she merged with Unit 01.

In End of Evangelion, Gendo stated that Third Impact "Was the day for which she was created." (Although, not the way he particularly wanted)

The fact that she can generate a AT field means that she is an angel.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    but everyone and everyting alive has an Absolute Terror Feild.....
    but not everything can control theirs.
    that's right but not everything has protecting fields like the angels in NGE
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Jun 13, 2009 at 04:05 AM. Reason: color
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ah, but the only difference with their Absolute Terror (AT) fields & a normal person's is that they know how to extend & "harden" their, turning it into the protective field we all know from the series.

Plus there's another side of the story it seems no-one's picked up on. If you've seen the movies (End Of EVA I think it's in), you'll know that the Angels are actually humans who apparently have rejected human form. And because of that, the 2 cannot live in harmony. So if you look at it from that angle (accidentally wrote angel there instead ), even if she was an Angel, she'd still be human. Just a little devil in the details...

But that's not what this topic's about. It's about whether she's still classified as human, or if she can actually be classified as an Angel. And I've got a thought about that too. She has red blood. All the Angels have blue blood (inbreed perhaps? Maybe that's why they "rejected" human form...), though she has red. I'm pretty sure you see it a few times (first episode, when Shinji helps her up...), & each time it's red. They never pick up another blue blood target when she uses her AT field, only the field.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast