+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Main characters seem to have problems - Misato Katsuragi rocks!

Newbie calci may be famous one day calci may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Main characters seem to have problems - Misato Katsuragi rocks!

Haha this thread reminds me so much of a saying I've seen somewhere where ppl say evangelion is just about an emo horny teenager and fans who digs deeper than it really is.

Newbie Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22 may be famous one day Flclking22's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude its because they are in the apocalyptic world. Everyone in the world is depending on them. If they have one off day. BOOM there goes the human race in third impact. Because we all know that what happened with Rei in End of Eva was just onbe of the possibilities set forth. WE dont know what would have happened if the angels had reached adam OR Lilith. Let alone what would have happened if we fused with them. (humans are the last angel.)ANYWAYS. I think that they have the right to their extremely bad pyshy problems.

Newbie DarknessInZero is off to a good start DarknessInZero's Avatar
    Thanks

The main characters do have problems but, maybe this is digging deeper than it is, maybe they were made to represent real humans. Think of their childhoods and of what is happening in their time. I mean if I had to save the world after a bad childhood I know for sure I wouldn't be a happy-go-lucky person, in the contrary, I would probably go crazy. Just try to put yourself in one of their positions and try to think of how everything would be.

Just a thought.
    ASSASSINATE THE MAINSTREAM!!!

Newbie Gehirn is off to a good start Gehirn's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the main aims of the creators was to create anti-heroes. Main characters who do not possess the usual qualities of a perfect hero to the story.

This is mainly presented in the form of Shinji Ikari. A definite anti-hero, he is not as outstandingly couragous, chivalrous or charismatic as most main characters are.

His personality is one formed from a sad childhood and among other things a huge lack of self-worth. I believe this produces a character that more people would be able to relate to as their strifes may match that of Shinji. The anit-heroes also allow a different range of concepts to be presented opposed to what may have been given using the average heros.

So yes, there is a reason as to why the characters of Evangelion are so 'messed up'.
    I am 18.5 years of age and a soldier in the Australian Army. Yet I still play the pokemon card game with my brothers.Why?
    You'll understand when you're younger.

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

They were made to an extent to represent the best and worst of humanity. So, then you have to ask, why would ANYONE want to be around them?

As much as everyone is cheering on Misato, you forget a few important details:

-She pushes Shinji and the other Children to fight the war for her, since she can't take revenge herself.

-Her desire to kill the Angels is all consuming, to the extent she puts off all suspicions of Seele's true intentions as long as it means wiping out another Angel (think of how she talks about how she "doesn't know NERV at all!" when Kaji shows her Lillith, and then she just goes right back to pushing Shinji to fight).

Misato is also the most disorganized, unreliable human you can possibly live with. She is responsible at work only because it is required of her, and her job is taking revenge for humanity. She can't drive, can't cook, can't keep up her apartment, and given the lines she says during the first episode, you can just imagine her credit rating is in the gutter from excessive spending.

Ritsuko, while reliable, is desperate, easily manipulated, and already practically a slave to Gendo. Who wants to even think about getting along with someone that's been touched by Gendo where the sun don't shine?

The techs are just as manipulative of the Children as the commanding officers. You notice even Maya gets over her little fits of morality when it comes to making Shinji get back in the seat and pilot. Of course, she can't even pick up a gun to defend her own life. Rather, her life is deemed so valuable, it must be protected by others. Who would want to dirty their hands with taking personal responsibility for their life?

Finally, the Fourth Children qualifiers (Class 2-A) is made up of nothing but cheering idiots. They fall for the propaganda so easily, and ignore what the pilots really want in exchange for ensuring their own survival.

I can't even agree that Kaji is a reasonable character. While he is searching for the truth, he's not doing it to protect the Children, or save the world from Seele. Instead, he's doing it for his own personal interest, and again pushes Shinji into piloting (the 14th Angel attack).

I will put my opinion simply. Just because the Children CAN pilot doesn't mean they should be expected to. The whole purpose of fighting against Seele and the Angels is for each human to choose their own fate, rather than having it decided for them. In that regard, every single character of Evangelion fails.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

*moving dust from upon the cover of this thread* .. as everyone said here i say too that no character carries not even near perfect character personality and trait ... and Misato is like that too ... i even think that the writer shows all kinds possible in personalities as he/she could put in this splendid show ... and that makes it more interesting(story) and not interesting(some characters-rei for example) for an instant though ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Misato seems more normal b ut there is some issues there as well. She never got over the death of her father. This is evident in that she still hates the angels. She also is insecure in relationships, never gets serious because she is affraid of being hurt. Also ther is issues with her wanting to create her own family. So much so that she moves a 14 year old in with her, and then another one a girl. I am sorry that shows that something is lacking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2