+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 Movie Trailer

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 Movie Trailer

Either ADV or Manga Entertainment are most likely going to pick it up...

Newbie rikku07 may be famous one day rikku07 may be famous one day rikku07's Avatar
    Thanks

thats i great news to hear that they are continuing the Evangelion series ounce more thats a awesome show
    Rikku's Lover

Newbie Kenshinzen is off to a good start Kenshinzen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd heard it had been released over there, but I was just waiting for confirmation from this place (you people really are great at that)
    Anyway, now all we have to do is wait about a year. This shouldn't be too bad...
    House Hermit No.1 - Thankyou, may I ahve another?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend saw it last night and has informed me of the following:

"It's retread, I'm afraid. 90% of the new scenes are what you've seen in the trailers and the entire first half is almost entirely old animation. There's very little new footage or music but there are a few plot-thickening scenes thrown in here and there to sweeten the pain of paying a $20 ticket to see an extended cut of a series you've already seen twice (and once before as a movie just like this!).

There is however, at least one twist that will make you very happy. I won't spoil, but it's probably enough to warrant the ticket price on Ladies' Day."

hmm... I have three main vocal EVA passions: Kaworu, heavy dialogue recited over static shots of watermelons, and the hope that Shinji will some day grow a spine.

Since I can't imagine anything exciting has happened with the watermelons, I'm guessing the twist has to do with the prolonged survival and/or awesome added-evil-factor of the former or at least one point in which Shinji actually stands up for himself.

Apparently the next film is promising a "new" character.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ive heard of this new character, and i also think EVERYONE thinks shinji needs to grow a spine.

...but is it really all OLD animation? wow, i kinda find that hard to belive... i thought it was supposed to be all NEW animation..........

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no idea. The trailer looks like mostly new footage, but there are definately some familiar bits in there. My friend implies that the animation is old, but she hasn't seen the series in over 5 years and probably doesn't remember it all that well either way.

I know from the magazine press that several key scenes have been entirely redone and are apparently far more impressive than before (the first EVA vs. Angel battle has gotten a huge update/extension), effects have been updated with added CG, there are new scenes, I believe the frame-rate on everything has been upped a bit... the idea seems to have been to cut the meat of the series' mythology together and make it look like a feature film.

Though several other people are complaining about "rehashed animation"... including a few folks on 2ch and an advance reviewer on AICN.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i see. it would be a major dissapointment if it was simply like a few new scenes, and all the rest old footage...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie Kenshinzen is off to a good start Kenshinzen's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally I thought that was all this was going to be. Just rehash the classic bits, clean up some of the film, re-market it and make more money. Although I'm not one who believes that Gainax would that just to make money. And since seeing the trailers, and a few bits and pieces around I was under the impression that it was all new 'art' throughout the film....

BUT if this is not the case, it will be annoying. Especially as it essentially means that we're paying for another version of the Platinum edition that was released a few years ago. I'm going to have a look round and see if any of the film has been posted online (I know it shouldn't be, but it likely has) and have a look to see whats there. If anyone else has seen it, can you make a post. I'm really quite worried about it know.
    House Hermit No.1 - Thankyou, may I ahve another?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast