+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rei or Asuka?

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rei or Asuka?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigokarate View Post
    I really like the show alot, but I would have to say that I really like Rei more than Asuka, because I am more like Rei.
    really so ur socially withdrawn and hardly interacts with anyone? because thats what Rei is. Anwaz, i picked asuka becuase she is from Germany, but with an American father and a half-German, half-Japanese mother.that sounds cool to me

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku may be famous one day RacerOtaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Mmmmmm.....I don't know, they're both a little tetched in the head(not a bad thing though). I guess I'd have to go with Asuka. I'm too much like Rei. It would be like two people sitting there ignoring each other.
    Last edited by RacerOtaku; Dec 05, 2006 at 05:40 PM. Reason: forgot how to spell

"I look forward to continued immaturity followed by death" - Dave Barry
    "There's no such thing as too much power, just too little traction" - Me
    "I love sleep. It's the one place I'm safe from life and all the saddness it brings."

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Rei, because she's quietly intelligent(meaning, she knows how to deal with situatiopns with the least amount of lip). The Blue hair and red eyes help as well.
    Asuka, well, if she ever talked to me like she did Shinji, I'd have to smack her in her fool ass mouth. Who told women they could get lippy in the first place?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie Twisted Fate may be famous one day Twisted Fate may be famous one day
    Thanks

Im a Rei fangirl! Rei is hawt, calm, smart and hawt and hawt and..hawt..XD Haha! Well me likes her personality there and i i get irritated by Asuka's being loud and a flirt. geez..me dont like those kinds of girls hehe!

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

In the end, neither of them were really interesting. Asuka, while she had the guts to do what had to be done and the intellect, didn't have the ability to perceive what was happening around her to make a difference. How can you stand a person that, when they have the ability to make a difference, they are completely oblivious as to how they can change things for the better?

Rei has a similar problem, except that while she knows what impact she will have on the world (no pun intended), she is under this pathetic concept like all Japanese anime women that they are powerless to do anything except stand by their man (in this case Gendo the Pedophile). There is a quote from Leonardo Decaprio from "The Quick and the Dead" that best sums up why I dislike Rei:

"The reason he's so powerful is because you all THINK he is!"

While there are more qualities in Asuka that I admire, I can't side with one or the other, because they both proved totally worthless (they both deliberately chose paths which got themselves killed off, and therefore proved to be evolutionary failures).

Now, only if they could introduce a female pilot with the attitude of Kenpachi from "Bleach", then THAT would be the Eva girl I would root for.

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    There is a quote from Leonardo Decaprio from "The Quick and the Dead" that best sums up why I dislike Rei:

"The reason he's so powerful is because you all THINK he is!"
    Ok I uderstood your argument up untill this: What are you talking about, all they want to know is which one do you like and you said you hated both of them. Thats cool but how does this quote tie in to any thing? And why bring in Decrapio. I agree that they were both a waste of space but less is more dude!
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

It was meant to explain Rei's flaw. She believes she has no future and that Gendo has complete control. In reality, he doesn't, but her perception of him having that control over her manifests it through her own voluntary servitude.

And when you quote something, even if it's Decaprio, it's best to name the actor as well as the film (helps narrow down the part of the movie it was in).

Newbie jezu may be famous one day jezu may be famous one day jezu's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Asuka because she is insane.

But I would have to go with Rei because I relate more to the problems she has and I feel like I could help her.
    Look the demon in the eye and tell it to go away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast