+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rei or Asuka?

Newbie Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes may be famous one day Badlywornshoes's Avatar
    In a cardboard box. With hand-drawn windows.
    Thanks

Re: Rei or Asuka?

Quote Originally Posted by vare2 View Post
    I think all the girls in Evangelion are kickass awesome =p Okay that goes without saying..But out of Rei and Asuka, who is your favourite girl? State your reason! Im an Asuka worshipper, I love her hot body and equally sizzling personality, and not forgetting her brainshattering kiling in End of Evangelion..GO ASUKA
    Well, I'm extremely biased when it comes to this question. The reason? When I originally viewed NGE for the first time, I viewed it in English, so I developed affections for the characters in accordance with the way the American seiyuu portrayed them. I haven't been able to reprogram the Japanese voices for this series into my mind, and I think it's best because I really love the English dub. In the case of Asuka, it was Tiffany Grant.

A couple years ago at AFO4 (Anime Festival Orlando 4) I ran into Steve Bennet of Studio Ironcat (which was at the time going through really tough times) and I basically networked a bit and somehow managed to get myself invited out to dinner with Steve, some folks from ADV, and a bunch of voice actors--one of them being Tiffany Grant (who sounds very similar to Asuka when she talks in real life).

Now when you're trying to eat your sushi next to the voice actress who gave life to a character you admired, you normally do one of two things: 1) go hentai, rip off your human disguise, and tentacle ravage the living batcrap out of them, or 2) make nice, quiet, bashful conversation while you're inwardly thinking OMG OMG OMG I can't believe this is happening to me! Sure enough, I was a type 2. Ahem. I really was a type 2. I WAS, DAMN IT!

Anyway, all of this leads me back to the fact that I'm an Asuka fan, through and through. I love the fiery personality, her emotional baggage, her competative nature, her wit and intellect, and especially her vulnerabilities. I guess a couple of years ago I would have echoed what most of the people in this thread said about her hot, young, nubile, milky, Eurasian body--but I wont. I mean she's 15 for Christ's sake. And a cartoon!......

Okay but yeah that was my 2 cents.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kohta89 View Post
    Rei for sure. I'm a sucker mysterious girls, plus yeah she does have just as nice of a body
    I agree 4 sure nice body and mysterious too rei all the way.

Newbie nvfdm3 may be famous one day nvfdm3 may be famous one day nvfdm3's Avatar
    Thanks

Rei Ftw! Her mysteriousness is so sexy xP
    Asuka comes out a little emo ><
    Maybe its cause i like the quiet type

Newbie Haunted is off to a good start Haunted's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just love Asuka. She's fricking awesome and could kick anyone's ass any day- hahaha. Her twisted past just makes her all the more appealing- especially episode 21 (?) where she "descends into madness", so to speak. Such an awesome episode. Plus she refuses to give up even when she's losing. "I'd rather die than be defeated!"

Quote Originally Posted by Badlywornshoes View Post
    Well, I'm extremely biased when it comes to this question. The reason? When I originally viewed NGE for the first time, I viewed it in English, so I developed affections for the characters in accordance with the way the American seiyuu portrayed them. I haven't been able to reprogram the Japanese voices for this series into my mind, and I think it's best because I really love the English dub. In the case of Asuka, it was Tiffany Grant.

A couple years ago at AFO4 (Anime Festival Orlando 4) I ran into Steve Bennet of Studio Ironcat (which was at the time going through really tough times) and I basically networked a bit and somehow managed to get myself invited out to dinner with Steve, some folks from ADV, and a bunch of voice actors--one of them being Tiffany Grant (who sounds very similar to Asuka when she talks in real life).

Now when you're trying to eat your sushi next to the voice actress who gave life to a character you admired, you normally do one of two things: 1) go hentai, rip off your human disguise, and tentacle ravage the living batcrap out of them, or 2) make nice, quiet, bashful conversation while you're inwardly thinking OMG OMG OMG I can't believe this is happening to me! Sure enough, I was a type 2. Ahem. I really was a type 2. I WAS, DAMN IT!

Anyway, all of this leads me back to the fact that I'm an Asuka fan, through and through. I love the fiery personality, her emotional baggage, her competative nature, her wit and intellect, and especially her vulnerabilities. I guess a couple of years ago I would have echoed what most of the people in this thread said about her hot, young, nubile, milky, Eurasian body--but I wont. I mean she's 15 for Christ's sake. And a cartoon!......

Okay but yeah that was my 2 cents.
    OMG man! I am so totally jealous and hateful of you now! lol, well maybe just loads jealous! Tiffany Grant is so awesome, and I'm in the same boat (was introduced to it through the english dub first). She rocks my socks XD
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Feb 02, 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Newbie Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace may be famous one day Micronian_ace's Avatar
    Thanks

I think all the girls in Evangelion are kickass awesome =p Okay that goes without saying..But out of Rei and Asuka, who is your favourite girl? State your reason! Im an Asuka worshipper, I love her hot body and equally sizzling personality, and not forgetting her brainshattering kiling in End of Evangelion..GO ASUKA
    Auska. I love her "holier than thou" atitude, she speaks German and Japanese, and she's a redhead. What more could you want?

Newbie Gehirn is off to a good start Gehirn's Avatar
    Thanks

Good to see people are still talking about Evangelion.

I will admit I was very quickly a Rei fan, so much so that I forgot I was a Misato fan (I only saw bits and pieces of the series at first) until one day..."Oh yeah I liked Misato first...".

The enigma of Rei is simply too much to resist, her selfless lifestyle, her sense of duty and her complete indifference to any non-lifethreatening situation just catch me.
    "If I die I can be replaced" is a concept that everyone seems to get pretty angry at. I admire it.

Newbie DarknessInZero is off to a good start DarknessInZero's Avatar
    Thanks

like some of you guys i am a Rei fan dude she is totally better than Asuka in many ways and here are some in my opinion a) she is not inconciderate of others b) she looks better than Asuka c) Rei is much more mysterious than Asuka
    ASSASSINATE THE MAINSTREAM!!!

Otaku DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN may be famous one day DEMON SPAWN's Avatar
    Thanks

I like rei ayanami better because I love her personality and I like how shes not afraid to die and shes really really HOT. i still like asuka but, rei is my fav

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast