+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: is it worth watching the movies?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

is it worth watching the movies?

Ive seen all the TV episodes, and ive heard that End of Evangelion has a different ending. are the movies different enough that if i only watch the end of evangelion(to see the other ending), am i going to be confused(er)?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie Keyblade is off to a good start Keyblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is it worth watching the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    Ive seen all the TV episodes, and ive heard that End of Evangelion has a different ending. are the movies different enough that if i only watch the end of evangelion(to see the other ending), am i going to be confused(er)?
    well, to answer the first question...End of Evangelion is the last 2 episodes that Gainax had originally wanted to make but were tight on their budget and time. You don't have to see End of Evangelion, but provides a good alternative if you didn't like the original series ending. and i think that no matter what you do, you will be confused...i was, lol

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Yeah, the movies are still the kinda stuff that can screw with your head, but I enjoyed (& understood!!) them.

Basically, there are 2 movies, bot are related. The first, Death & Rebirth, is split into 2 parts, Death telling the series in a quick & interesting way. Since you've seen the series, you won't get as much out of it, but there is a little bit of stuff that isn't in the series, but elaborates on it. the 2nd, Rebirth, starts telling a different story to the series, starting after the death of the final Angel. Esentually, SEELE tries to take over, first covertly, the in spectacular military fashion. Rebirth finishes though just as the fireworks REALLY start flying...

End of Evangelion basically tells the same story as Rebirth, though it tells the whole story. Until the part Rebirth ends, it is the exact same, however it doesn't end there, it keeps going, right through the mind altering part.

Since you've seen the series, you could start with End Of Evangelion, unless you also want to see the extra bits in Death & Rebirth. Just don't get Death & Rebirth expecting the whole story. I can still remember sceaming at the TV & grumbling/whimpering when Rebirth ended with the story half told. Then I had to wait until the vidio hire store had both so I could hire the other out. At least I own both on DVD now...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Yeah, the movies are still the kinda stuff that can screw with your head, but I enjoyed (& understood!!) them.

Basically, there are 2 movies, bot are related. The first, Death & Rebirth, is split into 2 parts, Death telling the series in a quick & interesting way. Since you've seen the series, you won't get as much out of it, but there is a little bit of stuff that isn't in the series, but elaborates on it. the 2nd, Rebirth, starts telling a different story to the series, starting after the death of the final Angel. Esentually, SEELE tries to take over, first covertly, the in spectacular military fashion. Rebirth finishes though just as the fireworks REALLY start flying...

End of Evangelion basically tells the same story as Rebirth, though it tells the whole story. Until the part Rebirth ends, it is the exact same, however it doesn't end there, it keeps going, right through the mind altering part.

Since you've seen the series, you could start with End Of Evangelion, unless you also want to see the extra bits in Death & Rebirth. Just don't get Death & Rebirth expecting the whole story. I can still remember sceaming at the TV & grumbling/whimpering when Rebirth ended with the story half told. Then I had to wait until the vidio hire store had both so I could hire the other out. At least I own both on DVD now...

thank you, this is exactly what i wanted to know

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Thanks

Your welcome. Hope you enjoy the movies. I know I did.

Ah, another topic killed off by me describing exactly what they wanted to know. I think it might be becoming a little bit of a habit...

Newbie Keyblade is off to a good start Keyblade's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i also helped by telling him almost basically the same thing...you're welcome

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade View Post
    well, i also helped by telling him almost basically the same thing...you're welcome
    Sorry if you felt I was standing over you or anything. That wasn't my intention at all. I was just saying how I see it, trying to help out. Sorry.

I'd heard rumors about what you'd said, but I wasn't certain, plus you'd already said it.

Thanks

G'day. I think I got an Email saying you did, but when I logged on tonight, it wasn't there. I think it might have been deleted for being off topic. I guess the best way around that is to say something about the topic.

Which I might do now

If I remember correctly, they mention something about the final EVA series being constructed in several locations around the world. In the series, you don't get to see them, but in the movies, they turn out to be rather nasty. I wonder if it would be possible to pilot one myself...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast