+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: is it worth watching the movies?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: is it worth watching the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblade View Post
    well, i also helped by telling him almost basically the same thing...you're welcome
    i am sorry actually i was going to say thanks to you but i forgot how to quote both the posts! sorry!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh did anyone understand the movie. i got it and watch the movie. i got totally screwed over. i did not understand the movie at all. i didnt know what the storyline was. all i know was that the earth is destoryed(i think) that Shinji (i think that his name) is a complete chickencrap and a loser

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

It's hard to believe (even my sister doesn't & she's watched it more than me!), but I actually understood it. But then again, I do tend to think waaaaaayyyyy too much...

I'd give you the basic outline, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to since this isn't in the spoilers section. Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it. They should have the right to have their brains dribble out their ears as they try to understand it...

If you want, I could tell you via PM, or even on here if someone important enough gives me the go ahead. I can never find the right bit in the forum rules when I need to.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    It's hard to believe (even my sister doesn't & she's watched it more than me!), but I actually understood it. But then again, I do tend to think waaaaaayyyyy too much...

I'd give you the basic outline, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to since this isn't in the spoilers section. Don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it. They should have the right to have their brains dribble out their ears as they try to understand it...

If you want, I could tell you via PM, or even on here if someone important enough gives me the go ahead. I can never find the right bit in the forum rules when I need to.

ok now i watched it. i got a few ideas about the ending...ill PM you later too.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Newbie maamon is off to a good start maamon's Avatar
    Thanks

well ... I've watched all the episodes ,the ending (episodes 25 and 26) was talking about only one part of the story (shinji only) ... and how he won the battle with himself ( inside his mind ) ... how he got rid of his fears ...

But ... in the other hand ... the whole story had to end some how ... so I searched and watched the movie named "The End Of Evangelion" ... which helped me understand what happened next ... what happened to the world ... It was the true end of the story ...

This story is one of the best stories I've ever seen or heard about ...

So ... It's worth watching .....
    Timing Is Everything ...

Newbie BlackSwordsman1 is off to a good start
    Thanks

with the movies one has to keep a real open mind, and a good understanding of the series. The movies could either leave you in a state of confusion, frustration, or understanding. They could either answer all of your questions or deepen your pool of confusion until the point that you just give up

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

In retrospect: no, I don't think so.

Evangelion has trouble getting it's own timeline straight... so whatever incarnation you watch/play/read, enough changes to completely change your understanding of the series. And since the different incarnations completely ignore small, but crucial plot points and character traits established by the others, for the most part, they are all seperate entities. Tying them together is a headache and the more incarnations and spin-offs there are: the less sense any of them make together as a single unit.

EVA is an odd series where you choose your favorite incarnation and make that your own personal "canon". For me, it's the manga (not the Shinji-raising manga, the Girlfriend of Steel 2nd manga or the new yuber-gay Kaworu/Shinji ladies' manga... the plain old NGE manga). And the movies don't entirely mesh with that either.

I thought the movies were nihilistic, hateful, misogynistic and depressing as hell. And while a lot of what happened was interesting... I guess I just don't see what was "added" to the message of the series. Certainly nothing I liked.

Now, with new movies in the Rebuild series, I'm guessing the original EoE movies will become even more confusing/contradictory/obselete.

So, if you are an EVA completist and aren't easily confused: there's nothing to lose watching EoE. If you prefer to have a somewhat positive outlook of the series and some hope for any of the characters not to be completely mentally and morally destroyed: skip it.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 13, 2008 at 05:55 AM.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

*Daniel219 moves in for the defense...*

I'll admit, Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't for everyone, with the movies even more confusing than the series, but it is worth watching, even if just for the combat. If you liked the series & not afraid of possibly getting more confused, feel free to watch it. I'll admit, I haven't read the Manga, though I know where I can get it, but it does fit in with the Anime series. I've already posted about where what fits in with what, so I'll leave that alone.

As for the timeline, it does go back occationally to explain things that have already happened, but I wouldn't say it's out of order.

Ultimately, it's your choice, I'm just saying it might be worth it if your interested in the Anime.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast