+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: evangelion - ending sucked

Otaku kinetic may be famous one day kinetic may be famous one day kinetic's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by roamingcharge
    Thank God for Angelic Days... if it lives up to the hype. The series had so much potential but the ending killed the whole series. What a letdown. The movies were a joke... if the series ending made any sense at all there would have been no need for movies.
    I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! I was so confused with the last few episodes that I just caved and let happen. It was like watching a car wreck, you gust have to watch no matter how grusom the outcome.
    MAY YOU DAY BE BRIGHT, AND YOUR ASSOCATION WITH MORONS BE MINIMAL. EXTRA MEDICATION FOR ALL!!!

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never seen the ending, even though those case files were kina creepy...

Otaku Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft may be famous one day Noxious_Craft's Avatar
    Thanks

ok now we are compleatly off topic

Otaku silvebloodalchemist may be famous one day silvebloodalchemist may be famous one day silvebloodalchemist's Avatar
    Thanks

'The end of evangelion' is confusing. It was exactly the way the writers planned it 2 be. They wanted audience to watch the movie over and over again. They wanted the movie 2 be questioned and debated upon. Thats wat makes Evangelion so great, u can come up with so many theories and still question the entire movie itself. In the end the movie is really based on how u interpret it.
    ちょっと単一あるか。 私はあり、女の子がほしいと思う im back and seeking vengence!

Newbie Chilled_Cold may be famous one day Chilled_Cold may be famous one day
    Thanks

The American ending of the series, honislty $10 it was just a cop out and they didn't know how to properly end it. Because it honsilty doesn't follow anything, and there would be no point to end ALL the weird questions we have, with just a happy go lucky main charicart and family.
    In short the first video I think was ment for anybody who wasn't really watching the series. The sucky part about that, if you only watched the first video, is that you miss EVERYTHING that would have chanllenged your mind; also, you would have missed ALL of the crazy, but cool fights.
    The seconded and last video..mmm...thats a bit harder to explain. I think it does full fill the series storyline, or...well a close attempt. I think we needed 10 more episods to get where the movie wanted to be. It's Rea (ya, misspelt) clones, made from parts of an Angel? That would explain all of the things she does. She is like a Trigger, a person who sets of a chain of events. Or Think Jonny The Homisidle Maniac, she would be a Flusher. She was fulfillng her perpose from the Angel's stand point, which Icary, didn't suspect or want. He thought he could control the Angels, loss-loss situation for us anyways. In the end it seems that everything everybody did in Nerv was in vain, everything anybody died for was in vain..."this feeling sucks." That was ment to be the anti climax, AND the kick in the head, making you think, "THAT IT!?"

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

Anyone who hates the original ending of Evangelion deserves to be shot. I loved the movie too but I would have been content with the series ending alone. It's not confusing, it makes perfect sense and honestly is the best way depict instrumentality. The whole thing with people turning into liquid in the movie was kinda lame, but as is evident from the reactions to the TV ending people couldn't use their imaginations and need to have someone visualise it for them.

The whole idea of instrumentality was that no one is perfect and as a result we put up mental barriers to prevent ourselves from being hurt, as symbolised by the AT field. Instrumentality was meant to break down these barriers and merge all souls into one so that one persons defects are offset by another persons strengths thus eradicating pain. Ask yourself how do you draw souls merging.... you can't. So what the TV series did instead was imply that it happened and showed you a couple of examples of how the various peoples souls reinforced each other.

It's a shame more people didn't appreciate it for what it truely was...

Otaku Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly
    Anyone who hates the original ending of Evangelion deserves to be shot. I loved the movie too but I would have been content with the series ending alone. It's not confusing, it makes perfect sense and honestly is the best way depict instrumentality. The whole thing with people turning into liquid in the movie was kinda lame, but as is evident from the reactions to the TV ending people couldn't use their imaginations and need to have someone visualise it for them.

The whole idea of instrumentality was that no one is perfect and as a result we put up mental barriers to prevent ourselves from being hurt, as symbolised by the AT field. Instrumentality was meant to break down these barriers and merge all souls into one so that one persons defects are offset by another persons strengths thus eradicating pain. Ask yourself how do you draw souls merging.... you can't. So what the TV series did instead was imply that it happened and showed you a couple of examples of how the various peoples souls reinforced each other.

It's a shame more people didn't appreciate it for what it truely was...
    I guess they were looking for a more flashy ending

Otaku setsuna mudo1617 may be famous one day setsuna mudo1617 may be famous one day setsuna mudo1617's Avatar
    Thanks

i loved the ending.
    it was perfect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast