+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: evangelion - ending sucked

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly
    Anyone who hates the original ending of Evangelion deserves to be shot. I loved the movie too but I would have been content with the series ending alone. It's not confusing, it makes perfect sense and honestly is the best way depict instrumentality. The whole thing with people turning into liquid in the movie was kinda lame, but as is evident from the reactions to the TV ending people couldn't use their imaginations and need to have someone visualise it for them.

The whole idea of instrumentality was that no one is perfect and as a result we put up mental barriers to prevent ourselves from being hurt, as symbolised by the AT field. Instrumentality was meant to break down these barriers and merge all souls into one so that one persons defects are offset by another persons strengths thus eradicating pain. Ask yourself how do you draw souls merging.... you can't. So what the TV series did instead was imply that it happened and showed you a couple of examples of how the various peoples souls reinforced each other.

It's a shame more people didn't appreciate it for what it truely was...
    Wow, that was a lot more indepth then what I thought the ending symbolised *sigh*

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yay I'm not alone in liking it ^^ I reckon alot more people would if they rewatched it and thought about it, but too many people just want cool action.

Otaku Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00 may be famous one day Rei_unit00's Avatar
    Thanks

exactly why such a great anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion is totally lost on the people who aren't willing to take the time and realize that it's not just a mecha anime

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rei_unit00
    exactly why such a great anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion is totally lost on the people who aren't willing to take the time and realize that it's not just a mecha anime
    evangelion is just an anime show based on some bible story which makes it really interesting, but it is quite hard to understand the show when you don't have any knowledge about Eva and Adam, nor the 12 tribes (the 12 angels in the anime show) of Israel.

Newbie Ghostly may be famous one day Ghostly may be famous one day
    Thanks

Um actually you don't need that much background knowledge, it's refers to religious ideas so loosely it's wrong to say it's based on a bible story. Also it doesn't just reference the bible but other random things. The main ideas about the human instrumentality project and the ideas about their being alternative forms of humanity competing to be the sole one in existance (the angels) are not from any religion I know of and entirely come out of the anime, people just don't want to think all they want is mind numbing action.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i loved the fact that Evangelion look into the intrumentality of life. It was such an great anime with great work and effort put into it. The fact there is so many metaphors for things is amazing and i will soon, watch the series again back to back to get more of an idea of how they look into things.

I truely love this anime as it was really the first i saw!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel may be famous one day Broken Toy Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

For me NGE is one of those series I can watch over and over again and come up with a different point of view everytime. There's always something new I catch or interpret something in a completely different way than before. The ending was a bit confusing to me at first but it just made me want to watch the movie again and again. It's like a game with replay value.

Otaku Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light may be famous one day Shinigami_of_Light's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Toy Angel
    For me NGE is one of those series I can watch over and over again and come up with a different point of view everytime. There's always something new I catch or interpret something in a completely different way than before. The ending was a bit confusing to me at first but it just made me want to watch the movie again and again. It's like a game with replay value.
    For real,even though I've seen it like a million times I still don't fully grasp it.But I like that cause I want the whole series so I can watch it again from the beginning.
    Omae o Korosu!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast