+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion (Intense spoilers for RoE)

Newbie BludgeonTheAngels is off to a good start BludgeonTheAngels's Avatar
    Thanks

Rebuild of Evangelion (Intense spoilers for RoE)

Out of curteousy I didn't want to honestly post this discussion in the main forum, considering many people probably haven't seen the first installment, let alone the second, and didn't need to be plagued with. That being said I'll try to keep from spoiling the second installment, but I just wanted to be able to talk about it with fans of the show, considering everyone else I know doesn't want to watch either of them until they're out in dub.

Does anyone else get the creepy feeling that RoE is just a sequel? I mean if you remember EoE, and the specifics, and then take a look at RoE you can easily tell that it is set after the occurrences in EoE. The sea of blood, an over view of the town with the outline of one of the mass production Eva models on the ground with it's arms outstretched, the blood splatter after the massive Rei's throat is slit that stretches across the moon. And that's just the first installment (You Are (Not) Alone) the second one flat out SAID it at the end, where Shinji is about to cause instrumentality, after Unit 01 absorbs the core of Zeruel he transforms into what looks like Adam did, but with an abstract shape, and then Kaworu descends from the moon in Unit 06 with the Lance of Longinuss, and impales Unit 01 the way that Lilith once was in the original series. Flash to credits.

THE BIGGEST SPOILER OF MY POST, BE WARNED
     click to show spoiler

Now I am a rather masculine male, but I cried after seeing this reinvisioning. It was one of the most beautifully crafted masterpieces I have ever laid eyes on. Spectacular in every aspect of it, psychologically, visually, mentally, emotionally, even musically. If you never see another Anime series in your life, I would hope that RoE be something you MUST see.
    Last edited by BludgeonTheAngels; Jul 30, 2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: To correct some spellings blunders.

Newbie Geudiel may be famous one day Geudiel may be famous one day Geudiel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Rebuild of Evangelion (Intense spoilers for RoE)

Well, I haven't had the opportunity to watch 1.0 and 2.0 complete but I can say that the re-design of EVERYTHING (music, evas, angels, characters, battle sequences, Tokyo-3 itself and scenery, plot line) is awesome. 1.0 isn't too much different from the original series, except the battle with Ramiel, but 2.0 is greatly different: the plot twist is completely unexpected. And yeah, you're right, there's an eery sensation that Rebuild could be a possible sequel. But, the scene that you mention about the outline of the mass-production EVA is from 1.0 or 2.0?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Where online can I order the new evangelion and which onrs are out know? I mean get them legally.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Where online can I order the new evangelion and which onrs are out know? I mean get them legally.
    Check the 'Release' section of the official licensed Region 1 distributor...
    Evangelion : The Official Anime Site from FUNimation Productions:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Check the 'Release' section of the official licensed Region 1 distributor...
    Evangelion : The Official Anime Site from FUNimation Productions:
    Thanks, I can't wait. I also want to get caught up on the manga.

+ Reply to Thread