+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fight scenes - too many bullets?

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Fight scenes - too many bullets?

Noir seems to have 1 of the best fight scenes amongst all anime. Quite thrilling. I find hand and physical fighting much more thrilling than just a spray of bullets however. Noir really should have had more physical fighting.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fight scenes - too many bullets?

I think the gun fighting is pretty cool, but yeah, there should also be some hand to hand combat in it as well.It would make it a lot better of an anime to watch

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Mireille herself calls Kirika's methods "vulgar" when Kirika uses a pair of broken sunglasses as a weapon. The predominant use of guns, and that Mirielle and Kirika usually need only one shot to make a kill (as opposed to pumping the body full of bullets), adds to the film noire feel of the series. Although I do admit that Chloe's technique makes for the best fight scenes in the show.
    Last edited by gren; Oct 20, 2006 at 09:43 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that there should be more hand-to-hand combat. I thought there would be more especially after that first episode where she hung that one guy by his tie. But its mostly shooting. I still enjoy it though.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Her fighting inspired a fictional battle between me controlling Kirika and a lone swordsman, Kirika would have won if it weren't for the pocket watch wouldn't have dazed her as it fell free from her pocket....

I think the fighting scenes in the anime were great, even giving a certain vulnerability to the characters as in some point, Kirika gets shot by someone she thought she had killed and nearly dies with that one single shot. One thing I barely remember, but appreciated was the sword fight near the end...can't remember it much though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie voneyeding is off to a good start voneyeding's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I agree that there should be more hand-to-hand combat. I thought there would be more especially after that first episode where she hung that one guy by his tie. But its mostly shooting. I still enjoy it though.
    I just borrowed this from a friend and I'm on disk 3 and , yes, its over the top with the shooting gallery! that was the first thing I noticed. Total meat grinder, that just feeds nameless expressionless steriotype gunmen (who have no opportunity to hit anything with their automatics. before they're wasted with pistols at ten paces). The focus primarily on the people dying by the gun shots is disturbing and gets way to repetitive after watching several episodes , which very little plot development, just bang bang your dead! Its well animated! ITs got style? But I keep rewatching the disks thinking I missed something? But I didn't!
    ... well On to the next!
    VonEYEding

+ Reply to Thread