+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mireille and Kirika's Ages

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Mireille and Kirika's Ages

There's one thing that always bothered me about Noir:

I don't know if Mireille and Kirika's ages were ever given (if they were I missed it), but I would place Mireille in her mid to late twenties, and Kirika no more than twenty, possibly even eighteen. When it's revealed that Kirika is the one who murdered Mireille's parents and older brother, Mireille appears to be about seven or eight, and assuming that she's a least five years older than Kirika, that would put Kirika's age at two or three.

Now I'm all for suspending disbelief while watching anime, but Noir is a bit more realistic than most (no aliens, magic, etc.; the settings are real places, and the Soldats seem to based off the Freemasons), so it seems odd to me that it would end up that a two-year-old was the assassin, using a gun that was almost as big as she was, and should have had enough recoil to knock her on her butt.

I suppose there was no other logical outcome that would have tied the story together, and the last few eps would have been completely different (and not nearly as good) had Kirika not been the killer. Still, I never really could get past the age thing.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie Jhereg108 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Mireille and Kirika's Ages

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    There's one thing that always bothered me about Noir:

I don't know if Mireille and Kirika's ages were ever given (if they were I missed it), but I would place Mireille in her mid to late twenties, and Kirika no more than twenty, possibly even eighteen. When it's revealed that Kirika is the one who murdered Mireille's parents and older brother, Mireille appears to be about seven or eight, and assuming that she's a least five years older than Kirika, that would put Kirika's age at two or three.

Now I'm all for suspending disbelief while watching anime, but Noir is a bit more realistic than most (no aliens, magic, etc.; the settings are real places, and the Soldats seem to based off the Freemasons), so it seems odd to me that it would end up that a two-year-old was the assassin, using a gun that was almost as big as she was, and should have had enough recoil to knock her on her butt.

I suppose there was no other logical outcome that would have tied the story together, and the last few eps would have been completely different (and not nearly as good) had Kirika not been the killer. Still, I never really could get past the age thing.
    stumbled onto this old post by accident. kirika's 16. she's in highschool, first year(as seen in first episode). Myrille is 17. You have to remember, she was there when Kirika shot her family, she's only a little older than Kirika, though she is a year older. Chloe is 15.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg108 View Post
    stumbled onto this old post by accident. kirika's 16. she's in highschool, first year(as seen in first episode). Myrille is 17. You have to remember, she was there when Kirika shot her family, she's only a little older than Kirika, though she is a year older. Chloe is 15.
    Huh...I guess that's plausible, but why does she seem so much older than Kirika? Realistically, there isn't much of a difference in looks between 16- and 17-year-olds. But Mireille could easily pass for 22 or 23, while Kirika looks just about right for a 16-year-old. No big deal, just that having missed any stated ages for the girls, it threw me off a bit.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Still, Asian girls always look younger then they are. It's hard to say if the shown student ID and passport information can be trusted, as after all, their forged documents...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread