+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: cast for Cowboy bebop live action

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: cast for Cowboy bebop live action

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by theymaybegiants View Post
    The only actor they've confirmed so far is Keanu Reeves. As for the story, we wont be seeing Jet or Faye because the movie will take place before Spike escapes the syndicate and meets up with Jet. They said that the story will focus more on Spike and the whole "redeye" situation. So it's likely we'll see Julia and Vicious.
    Actually, in the original 'Cowboy Bebop' series, the "redeye' drug was one of the first episodes shown. And Spike was only shown to be a member of the syndicate in flashbacks much later in the series...

Details of the actual movie plot haven't been released, (and probably haven't been finalized yet...), but due to the popularity of the characters Faye Valentine, Edward, or the dog Ein, (all of whom were not in the first episode), I find it unlikely that they would be left out of the story.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie theymaybegiants is off to a good start
    Beaverton, Oregon... on Earth... in the Milky Way Galaxy... you get the idea.
    Thanks

Right, you see the past in flashbacks. However you never get to witness the past in its entirety. To me, that's the only direction they can go in this series. They can't do a sequel because Spike's dead. And they also can't do a movie that takes place during the series because Cowboy Bebop: The Movie already did that. Plus whenever they do a live action anything, it always takes place before the series actually starts.

But yeah, you're right, that would mean that you wouldn't see Jet, Faye, Edward or Ein. That sucks because Ed is my favorite character.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by theymaybegiants View Post
    Right, you see the past in flashbacks. However you never get to witness the past in its entirety. To me, that's the only direction they can go in this series. They can't do a sequel because Spike's dead. And they also can't do a movie that takes place during the series because Cowboy Bebop: The Movie already did that. Plus whenever they do a live action anything, it always takes place before the series actually starts.

But yeah, you're right, that would mean that you wouldn't see Jet, Faye, Edward or Ein. That sucks because Ed is my favorite character.
    Why not??? After all, we're not talking about another anime series. What we're talking about is a Live Action Hollywood feature. (As if Hollywood is actually concerned about what has already been shown in Japan...) In Japan, there is already existing precedent where the Anime film feature is a retelling of the entire series... (e.g. RahXephon, Escaflowne, EVA: 1.0 and its sequels, the Gurren Lagann movie), as well as Live Action remakes (the two Death Note movies...)

According the the Studio SUNRISE press release, the original Director and Script Writer of the original Cowboy Bebop series are involved in the project. And interviews with US writer of the Hollywood feature indicates that they have final word of approval, (since Studio SUNRISE still owns the original rights to the story). So what ever comes out is dead certain to represent the spirit of the original anime series...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Retelling of an entire series... here's the difference between Cowboy Bebop and almost all of the other anime you mentioned, especially Death Note. Usually an anime series has an ongoing story, meaning if you miss one episode you can really get lost. Each and every episode of Cowboy Bebop (except the episodes that are in parts) is like a movie all within itself. So to say that this movie will cover the whole series, that's pretty hard to swallow. I personally can't see this movie possibly covering anything except the time line that I mentioned.

I did hear that the original director and script writer will be taking part in the development. I'm very happy about that, that kind of makes up for the fact that they chose Keanu Reeves to play Spike. ^^

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

what can't Spike Just play Spike why can't Steven blum Play Spike period and on another point why is the USA trying to Live action moives out of anime.. It does not work!
    Now comic books in to moives I can understand but anime why. Look if it's not boke then Don't FIX it..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    what can't Spike Just play Spike why can't Steven blum Play Spike period and on another point why is the USA trying to Live action moives out of anime.. It does not work!
    Now comic books in to moives I can understand but anime why. Look if it's not boke then Don't FIX it..
    Have you seen Steven Blum? You would look at Spike and say: "Damn, he really let himself go!" As for your comment about live-action anime, you're right. It is stupid to make any anime live-action, but Hollywood knows we'll watch it anyway. It's unfortunate, I know.

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

if anything atlest let the Seat blets do the live action soundtrack, I mean try to keep some roots to the anime.. The seatblets and Tank and Yoko Kanno .. that group is bebop Musically at least that is what I think..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    if anything atlest let the Seat blets do the live action soundtrack, I mean try to keep some roots to the anime.. The seatblets and Tank and Yoko Kanno .. that group is bebop Musically at least that is what I think..
    Actually the original production team for the anime are going to have the final say in any decision for the movie. That makes me feel better even though Keanu Reeves is going to play Spike. But yeah, it would kick so much ass if the Seat Belts did the soundtrack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast