+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop Live Action Formally Announced

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cowboy Bebop Live Action Formally Announced

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The Anime News Network Article states...

With the original director and script supervisor of the anime series involved in the project, there is at least some hope that the Live Action will be true to the original material...
    Got a question for ya Len, how come for all these video games and anime live action movies that the Japanese companies don't just do it themselves?? I'm not saying they'll guarantee do a better job, but I would have love to see what they would have done with movies like Resident Evil.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Got a question for ya Len, how come for all these video games and anime live action movies that the Japanese companies don't just do it themselves?? I'm not saying they'll guarantee do a better job, but I would have love to see what they would have done with movies like Resident Evil.
    One of the simple reasons is demographics... The population in Japan has a negative growth rate, and aging, (resulting in declining console game and DVD sales... The real growth market would be the US and the Third World.

Another reason that for live action film work, Hollywood is several orders of magnitude better with producing special effects then any of the Japanese studios are capable of doing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

nooo. even johnny depp would have been better. keanu reeves has 2 huge flaws.
    1. his voice never changes, i know he's an actor and all, but he has the exact same voice, which is not spike.
    2. he has 1 personality as well. he is el stiffo. he needs to losen up, but he wont. spike is super smoooth and laidback, so i just cant depict Neo as him.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

A small update to the story... and it looks like the original director Shinichiro Watanabe is going to be deeply involved with the project...

Producer: Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Will Not Be Origin Story - Anime News Network

iFMagazine.com: Exclusive News: PRODUCER ERWIN STOFF GIVES iF THE SCOOP ABOUT THE 'COWBOY BEEBOP' FLICK - IT WON'T BE AN ORIGIN MOVIE!:
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 21, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Reeves = t3h suck.

I'm officially boycotting this film.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Yeah the fact that Watanabe and some of the original crew is having a hand in it should be good news. But in the end I think they will just be shooting themselves in the foot.

Keanu Reeves is not the kind of guy I could see playing a laid back cool dude with a shady past. And I'm comfortable saying this even though Heath Ledger managed to prove many people wrong in that he wouldn't be able to pull off a good Joker.

For all its references and loose storytelling I don't think Cowboy Bebop will translate well to the big screen.
    I'll be relieved if it doesn't suck the big one but my expectations on this one are below sea level.

Newbie Quick Silver is off to a good start
    Thanks

The fact that you people are bashing this before you've even seen it shows something about the type of people you are. I can't say what I expect exactly from this film (haven't seen it since it's not out yet), but I can say that I'm excited about it. I think there is a good chance of the movie being at least decent, and if nothing else, it will expose bebop to others who have never seen or even heard of the anime.

And should the movie be a flop, it won't make the show any less enjoyable. Like the new live action Ghost in the Shell that's being made.
    Music

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Silver View Post
    The fact that you people are bashing this before you've even seen it shows something about the type of people you are. I can't say what I expect exactly from this film (haven't seen it since it's not out yet), but I can say that I'm excited about it. I think there is a good chance of the movie being at least decent, and if nothing else, it will expose bebop to others who have never seen or even heard of the anime.

And should the movie be a flop, it won't make the show any less enjoyable. Like the new live action Ghost in the Shell that's being made.
    Its more cynicism about the actors and previous anime live action films either not going forward (Evangelion) or the movie just plain sucking (Dragon ball Evolution) then anything else. There have been very very few anime that have been good live action movies, chief among which is Transformers, but that had the benefit of being targeted at North American audiences when it was originally released back in the 80s.

Most anime fans are jaded against Americanization of anime in the first place, let alone a live action adaptation of a beloved anime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast