+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cowboy Bebop The Movie Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2001) Production Budget?

Newbie Quick Silver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Cowboy Bebop The Movie Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2001) Production Budget?

Does anyone know where I can find info on the production of the Cowboy Bebop movie (2001)? The special features on the DVD wasn't as much of a help as they usually are. The most detailed info I can find online about it is that it made just under a million dollars in the US box office and that it lost the 2004 Best Animated Feature to Finding Nemo. (One of my least favorite Pixar films BTW)

I'm in an animation class at college and was considering doing one of my reports on this, film but I can't find this info anywhere. This seemed to me like an appropriate place to look for help.
    Music

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cowboy Bebop The Movie Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2001) Production Budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Quick Silver View Post
    D... and that it lost the 2004 Best Animated Feature to Finding Nemo. (One of my least favorite Pixar films BTW)
    Actually, 'Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heavens Door' was never eligible for the US Oscar because of its release date in Japan...
    Also missing in action are Bandai’s Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, released in the U.S. by Samuel Goldwyn Films, and Rothkirch Cartoon Film’s The Little Polar Bear, which was picked up for U.S. distribution by Warner Bros. Both movies did not qualify due to their U.S. release dates.
    Academy Names 11 Animated Eligibles | Animation Magazine

It's going to be hard to get the exact production budget, since 3 major companies are involved. There are 'Bandia Visual', (distributor), 'Sunrise Studio' (producer of the original TV series) and 'Studio BONES' (which was originally an internal division of Sunrise, but was spun off into it's own separate company, with 'Knocking on Heaven's Door' being its first production release...)
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 11, 2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: it's -> its
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Quick Silver (Mar 15, 2010)

Newbie Quick Silver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well, thank you for the info. Some of this is very useful, and some of the rest is at the very least still interesting.
    Music

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

only movies I saw on that 11 list of eligible I saw other then Finding Nemo (which did win) that were any good, Tokyo Godfathers is the only one that had it been nominated, would have had a decent chance at the Oscar that year, even though Nemo would have took it anyways.

If you haven't seen Tokyo Godfathers, you're missing out, it really is a great movie, and is quite heartwarming.

+ Reply to Thread