+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack

Looks like I'll have to get the ball rolling on this one too. That's okay; if there's anything I like better than listening to music, it's raving about it.

To save myself some typing:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides the three original soundtracks, Cowboy Bebop, No Disc and Blue, there is a mini-album, Vitaminless, and a greatest-hits collection, TANK! The! Best!. The remix compilation, Music for Freelance, purports to be a broadcast from the pirate radio station Radio Free Mars. Finally, there is a 4 CD box set, which includes a variety of tracks from the first original soundtracks, as well as rare/new/live in concert versions of certain songs and dialogue tracks from the Japanese version of the show.
    And the band...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Seatbelts (also known as SEATBELTS) is a Japanese blues/jazz band led by composer and instrumentalist Yoko Kanno. The name of the band, according to the fictional description given in the Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop, derives from how the performers wear seatbelts to be safe while they play hardcore jam sessions.

The band performed the whole soundtrack of the anime series Cowboy Bebop and produced a total of seven albums and one live DVD. Their style is very diverse and ranges from a straightforward big band jazz to rock 'n roll ballads.

Since the band is focused mostly on instrumental work, The Seatbelts have no lead singer. But Steve Conte (from The Contes and Crown Jewels) and Mai Yamane participate and sing in many of their songs. The lyrics of these songs are written mainly by Tim Jensen and Yoko Kanno herself. Singers Soichiro Otsuka and Gabriela Robin (rumored to be a pseudonym for Kanno) are responsible for the back vocals on songs such as "Blue".

The music in Cowboy Bebop fits perfectly the overall feel and theme; what else would you expect from an anime with episodes named after songs, lyrics, or musical genres? Yoko Kanno creates a work that could stand on its own even without the anime. Jazz and blues, rock, and even soft, sad torch songs, are played with just the right amount of enthusiasm or melancholy.

These are some of my favorites from the 4-disc boxed set:

"Tank!"
    The opening theme and one of the best songs ever. Funky bass plays over a deep male voice in the beginning (3,2,1 Let's Jam!), and then explodes into a jazz-meets-swing pace. Like being in a speakeasy at the high point of the night (usually 2 a.m.). The box set has the T.V. edit and a full live version.

"Rush"
    Played during the Spike's fight scene with Asimov in the first episode, this song is on the same level as "Tank!"; quick-paced, and focused on the horn section. Unfortunately, the box set does not have the same song that was played in the episode, but a mellower version called "NY Rush". Still pretty good though not nearly as energetic.

"Green Bird"
    An odd song played in ep 5, "Ballad of Fallen Angels", while Spike is falling out of a cathedral window after a fight with Vicious, and having flashbacks to his past. It's reminiscent of "Bells are Ringing" in that it's sung in rounds with a very simple piano melody. Gabriela Robin does vocals, which are either in French or gibberish. Hauntingly pretty, once you hear it, it just sticks in your head.

"Adeiu (Long Version)"
    Imagine a woman draped over a piano in a smoky bar, and you pretty much have the feel of this song. Emily Bindiger's vocals are perfect here; soft and sweet, with more than a hint of sadness. The short version is "Memory", a music-box song that plays over the next episode scenes for the last episode.

"The Singing Sea II"
    This one took some getting used to, but now I play it at least two or three times in a row before moving on to the next song. Tulivu-Donna Comberbatch's voice seems to be an aquired taste; deep and warbling, but with a definite feminine quality. This song is more blues than jazz, but has a great sax solo in the middle.

"piano solo"
    On disc #4 of the set (which contains live versions of the more popular songs), this piece is actually a mix of several songs-"Farewell Blues","Piano Black", a Tori Amos-like song I didn't recognize,"Green Bird", and "Piano Bar I" played live by a sole pianist (hence the title). Due to the nature of songs contained in it, "piano solo" switches tempos and moods, and although it doesn't always flow seamlessly from one song to the next-"Green Bird" and "Piano Bar I" are too different to blend into one another without pause-the overall result is a piece that one could really relax to.

"Goodnight Julia"
    I can't believe I almost forgot this one, it's the song played by my namesake! This is but one version of the song Gren plays in the bar on Callisto, and I think it's the longer version of the one actually played in the episode ("Jupiter Jazz, Pt. 1"). Fully instrumental, this sax and piano song is fairly simple, but quite expressive; it really does sound like the musical equivalent of saying goodnight to someone you care about (maybe even goodbye?). Other versions are "Space Lion" (much longer, no piano, but some synthesized sounds and a weird tribal thing going on near the end) and "Space Lion (Orgel Version)"(a xylophone, I think, and about the same length as "Goodnight Julia")

Okay, I'm tired of typing, so it's time for someone else to take over!
    Last edited by gren; Oct 30, 2006 at 08:22 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Newbie Blindmaniac may be famous one day Blindmaniac may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack

Does the soundtrack have only have the movie tracks or is it part of the series also,

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

The soundtracks I've mentioned are specific to the series. On the disc 4 of the box set are live tracks of 3 of the songs used in the movie, and disc 1 has the song "Rain", used in both the movie and the series. Future Blues and Ask DNA are the albums that have songs from the movie.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

does the sound track have "The Real Folk Blues" on it as well?

Thanks

Disc 3 of the box set has a version called "See You Space Cowboys", and disc 4 has a live version of "The Real Folk Blues". I believe the final version that's actually played during the ending credits is on the mini-album Vitaminless, although all versions pretty much sound the same.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I have the four disc CBB Set or Cowboy bebop set, and I have to say that it is a good Welcome or start to the music of Bebop, & I plan to get the other CDS as well, But I can't get my hand on a 100% live Cowboy bebop cd, But I am still looking
    Elite Member
    Achieved after 150 days AND 500 posts.
    Veteran Member
    Achieved after 365 days AND 1000 posts.

Immortal Otaku GeastGamy is off to a good start
    Thanks

statement, luxury Vuitton, symbol 4,208,000,000 nearly be luxury contrast article

Louis Vuitton Outlet Bags RADIO-CANADA: Alain Gravel, l'infatigable enquteur, s'accorde aussi des instants de dtente. Need I say more? The world is in a state of metamorphosis, and if you don't jump on this wind power bus, you might be discarded w .. Share this Rating..
    louis vuitton sito ufficiale A budget imitation pouches currently have reconditioned the first custom made pouches from continually the best people that would definitely rather not likely take advantage of your trendy sacks almost every working day benefit from.. Grey Anatomy 8 The Girl With No Name Saindo da zona de conforto. But, like other relatively new acts on the list, they've mastered the art and science of the modern superstar that is more brand than band.
    borse louis vuitton The outsole will even enhance the performance of the sneaker. You should not package your financial institution to offer the Hermes Birkin these days. The footwear are quite rugged there isn't any synthetic leather top and also the nylon uppers systems to the shoes allow the paws to gently breathe.
    Discount Michael Kors handbags Females with curvy bodies for instance must not take bags that are too slouchy. Sure she had a bit of fun, but do you think it was fair to the Canadian Tenors? Their name was only mentioned a couple times (maybe only once.) and their CD was never mentioned, they were totally overshawdowed by Celine's presence on stage with them. I am not sure what Celine really methods to American women, when i don't really care, but I thought it interesting that Ms.
    Discount Oakley Sunglasses The web louis vuitton outlet store california has opened a avalanche door of e-commerce internet-sites for bags. It wins loving heart of thousands of people with its novel design, exquisite appearance and unbeatable quality. Next to your skin more successful louis vuitton dallas galleria repute from many years.
    Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Plesner declined to stop production of the T-shirts and posted the letter on her Web site. But what in the event you do not fall into either of those two categories? How about if you wish to put on footwear which are comfy, but fashionable as well?. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics Jian's father falls gravely ill.
    Mulberry Outlet UK Sale Close on Williams' heels came 34-year-old Nigo, designer-founder of cult brand A Bathing Ape (BAPE to its followers). louis vuitton handbags outlet inexpensive Cartier handbags Finest identified as handbag replicas a suitcase/luggage maker, up they didn't seem to care. The latter is a lot more mild, feminine and smooth versus the natural white-colored one.
    cheap Mulberry Bags Of these threeYayoi Kusama is regarded as the sensible and stylish. When our customers visited our firm, we as income need to acquire them and direct them to have a appearance at our items and factories. Leggings for Women and Meggings for Men.

Cheap Louis Vuitton sunglasses When I catch up with the golden-haired Virginie after the show she gushes: "I totally identified with the collection because I'm always 'in duo' with my sister, Claire, and we both wear lots of jumpsuits and long skirts. Isabel Marant might be purchased in a number of varied designs, and you might possibly also choose totally different designs additionally to sizes. This song warmed filmgoer's hearts and won an Academy Award for Best Song.. louis vuitton sito ufficiale In closing, a true Hermes Birkin is a work of art. Precisely why Hermes totes acquire so effective preserve observe of record? there are lots of decent reasons.. There are all kinds of sites on the internet that sell replica handbags, these handbags look similar to branded products, but their price are half of the price of the authentic brand. louis vuitton borse Beware of any locking mechanism and key sets the location where the numbers do not coordinate. This exhibits them if points go unsuitable you will be stepping approximately shoulder some with the duty. We had a week hollidays and we had planned to spend it in Tokyo. Michael Kors handbags The ticketing company not only guarantees legitimate tickets but also timely delivery of the tickets once you make a purchase. The Louis Vuitton monogram vernis Alma, which is priced at $1,480, is a classic top handle top with a rounded top and zipper closure.. Far too many illustration of Patient Providers to select, what exactly is fast? For the whole top. Discount Oakley Sunglasses Just store handbags also to other add-ons and outfits to buy, go bags, then blend and match.. People who kneed people ?. Many end up at fertility clinics, but the chances of success plummet with age. Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Siera Leon. As the Celine handbag is so famous, with the fiercer competition in the market, others began to make Celine Outlet. We were looking for cheap ways to travel through Japan and we managed to get discounts on night bus journeys using our student cards.

+ Reply to Thread